@chopped

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @chopped

Are these still available? Because I've been trying to RP one out and it seems like I"m talking to myself always.. And no raids to let these things happen IG for those on the list.

GMs, Siddhe, any info on this?

yes, they still are available. No, they won't happen on your schedule.

Comment

I donít think they are. Iíve played an alt not chasing but being engaged in events that looked to be combat oriented. I donít know when the last chop has been but it has slowed down immensely if not stopped all together.

Hopefully this means you are looking at chop chop and possibly other related ideas like retirement. Also would be nice to have personal events. For those that wish to send a character off in style.

Comment

There was a big rush of deaths at the beginning of the year. Some of the deaths made sense, some didn't. Just wait and it'll eventually happen. Keep doing dangerous things and one day, you'll get your wish.

Comment

Originally posted by ArchMagi View Post
          yes, they still are available. No, they won't happen on your schedule.
          Well obviously its not on my schedule. But after a year, I decided that one of my @chopped should just be deleted so I can test some other things on my account. But because he's @chopped, I can't delete him. I can't end him. He's stuck.

So now it is on my schedule. And I would like some clarity. If they are actively allowing people to clear their @chopped list, then fine. If they aren't doing @chops again because whatever reason, then why I have to have my account hostage and I can't even DELETE my own character to play something else, what is the point?
          Last edited by Siddhe; 07-18-2019, 04:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by VBaehr View Post
            Well obviously its not on my schedule. But after a year, I decided that one of my @chopped should just be deleted so I can test some other things on my account. But because he's @chopped, I can't delete him. I can't end him. He's stuck.
            Interesting, this was untrue quite recently and now I'm curious if there was a change. I almost certainly used `end` on a character on the chopping block (the same one I tried to drown in quicksand). I then also deleted the character as he was dead and I wanted the slot for more entertaining options. I was unaware of any restrictions to deleting or ending a character on the chopping block other than these options not resulting in a VC reward for that character.

As far as I know they are still allowing a one-time @chop reversal via @request.

You mention wanting to delete if allowed, I take it to mean you don't care if you receive a VC for this character? We all know things change, but I'll offer the friendly warning that asking for @chop to be executed was stated as a sure fire way not to get a VC. Tale always claims to be willing to murder characters for free.
            Last edited by ToothlessRebel; 07-18-2019, 11:30 AM. Reason: Stupid code formatting

Comment

Originally posted by ToothlessRebel View Post

Interesting, this was untrue quite recently and now I'm curious if there was a change. I almost certainly used `end` on a character on the chopping block (the same one I tried to drown in quicksand). I then also deleted the character as he was dead and I wanted the slot for more entertaining options. I was unaware of any restrictions to deleting or ending a character on the chopping block other than these options not resulting in a VC reward for that character.

As far as I know they are still allowing a one-time @chop reversal via @request.

You mention wanting to delete if allowed, I take it to mean you don't care if you receive a VC for this character? We all know things change, but I'll offer the friendly warning that asking for @chop to be executed was stated as a sure fire way not to get a VC. Tale always claims to be willing to murder characters for free.
              You would be correct. This particular character is only about a year and a half old. It was to scratch and itch that I ended up doing with another toon. I don't care if I received a VC package for this one. I mainly wanted him to be done. Whenever I attempt to /end him, i get promoted with "You will have to wait your proper end." When I attempted to delete him, it promoted me with the same, "Deleting Failed. You have to wait for your proper end."

I understand having to wait for something to happen IG to get a VC package. This isn't the point. My issue is the inability to actually get rid of this toon so I can start a new one. And yes, Rebel, my understanding was the same as yours. If you ask for chop or suicide your character, you can't get the VC package from the death.

Comment

So it goes back to my original question. Are GMs actively still trying to fulfill @chop requests or making some type of event to let these things happen, which then I guess even though this toon of mine is trapped, I can wait patiently for another.. few months?

Or is @chopped shelved and now I'm stuck with 3 characters out of 5 that I cannot do what I want to do with? My 2 major @chopped characters I actively RP with. I involve myself in the game world with. The last, I just want my slot opened again.

Comment

So it goes back to my original question. Are GMs actively still trying to fulfill @chop requests or making some type of event to let these things happen, which then I guess even though this toon of mine is trapped, I can wait patiently for another.. few months?

Or is @chopped shelved and now I'm stuck with 3 characters out of 5 that I cannot do what I want to do with? My 2 major @chopped characters I actively RP with. I involve myself in the game world with. The last, I just want my slot opened again.
                  I'm not sure if you previously tried @reporting the problem with being able to END a character on chop, but as Pranzor posted here: http://forum.skotos.net/forum/our-ga...changes/page27 that has been resolved. Characters on @chop may now END their character at any time, as they always could previously.

@chop is still working as it always has. @chop is not a "request" - it's a willingness to be used to further a story line, or at times to cause bit of a stir IG. These deaths generally occur when engaging in behavior that would place your character in harms way and/or for making poor decisions. This requires both being online for more than a short time period, and being out in the game world interacting. Not to say that you, personally, are not doing these things. It's just a general reminder for those on @chop.

An announcement is coming soon that will note an alternate to @chop and END, as well.

Comment

Would be nice if something was done for the guide heretic storyline (and good guys too). We basically were promised cool deaths and storyline and got a whole lot of nothing. Characters left down dead storylines are not exactly fun or make sense to play.

Comment

This is so weird, I wish I could check now if that character was on the block. It was an islander, so there is a slim, very slim, chance he was not on the block I guess. Either I was wrong or this wasn't changed for the island event. I definitely offed that dude, but I have to believe Pranzor that he actually changed something.

Oh well, seems like they fixed it. Sorry to have been incorrect (if I was).

Comment

Originally posted by Siddhe View Post

I'm not sure if you previously tried @reporting the problem with being able to END a character on chop, but as Pranzor posted here: http://forum.skotos.net/forum/our-ga...changes/page27 that has been resolved. Characters on @chop may now END their character at any time, as they always could previously.

@chop is still working as it always has. @chop is not a "request" - it's a willingness to be used to further a story line, or at times to cause bit of a stir IG. These deaths generally occur when engaging in behavior that would place your character in harms way and/or for making poor decisions. This requires both being online for more than a short time period, and being out in the game world interacting. Not to say that you, personally, are not doing these things. It's just a general reminder for those on @chop.

An announcement is coming soon that will note an alternate to @chop and END, as well.
                        I appreciate some kind of response, Siddhe. Pranzor's fix must have been within the past few hours because I attempted this earlier today and it didn't work. I just attempted to 'end' him now and it went through. At least I have my slot back open. So Kudos to you guys for fixing those things.

Comment

The change was live on 18 July, 2019 at 5:10pm EST.

Comment

Working...
                          X