Seld Feedback, Questions, and Concerns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seld Feedback, Questions, and Concerns

Here is a thread to ask questions, bring up concerns, and (hopefully) get clarification on all things Seld.

To start, I've overheard a few people say "There is nothing to hunt here though' and 'there is no way to make money' Neither are true. As stated in the release notes, the garden area is both a hunting area, and a noncom work area. And the fishing supply store has a newbie net-mending job as well.

Here is the text from the IG sign in the garden area (emphasis on the last line):

Seasonal Garden Work Tasks

If you SEARCH in the area with the right tool for the season, you're sure to find work that needs done! Any and all tools you might need can be purchased right here in Seld.

You can also eliminate the seasonal pests from the garden to be compensated in that way as well!

SPRING
    - A HOE can be used to prepare the ground for planting in the area.
    - Eliminate the shrews disrupting the sown rows by burrowing their dens.

SUMMER
    - GLOVES are helpful to remove weeds from the area.
    - Eliminate the bats eating the produce.

AUTUMN
    - A RAKE can be used to remove leaves from the area.
    - Eliminate the snakes that like to nest under the leaves in the garden.

WINTER
    - A SHOVEL can be used to remove accumulated debris from the area.
    - Eliminate the winter beetles that come each winter.

YEAR ROUND (for beginning hunters or adventurous types)
    - Eliminate the garden mice that breed prolifically and eat everything in sight.

Simply ask Fodien for your change or pay to be compensated for any and all garden work you preform. She'll be watching the garden area closely to monitor your contributions.

Game Master Tale
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad. Creativity is putting tomatoes in a fruit salad to make mango salsa. Philosophy is wondering if that means ketchup is actually a smoothie. Common Sense is knowing that no, ketchup is not a smoothie.

Oh, and yes, the fact that those specific critters have no skinnables is intentional. The whole point of the area is an easy, low-risk area for lowbies/midbies to get sp, and be paid for it by the garden overseer directly and not having to worry about skinning/looting/hauling/selling. Though I just added stomachs with gastrolith stones for them at least, because newbies (usable as turn-in fodder at the Officium de Humanitas).
    Game Master Tale
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad. Creativity is putting tomatoes in a fruit salad to make mango salsa. Philosophy is wondering if that means ketchup is actually a smoothie. Common Sense is knowing that no, ketchup is not a smoothie.

Comment

I love looking in every stomach and hoping to one day see that wild boar have acorns and chewed roots in there. This is not a joke.
      Makes me super happy that the critters have guts.
      Last edited by ToothlessRebel; 10-03-2019, 11:00 PM. Reason: It's late, spelling is harder.

Comment

This makes me happy the entire zone is self livable
        "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

Comment

A few things I've noticed and some that I may have missed:

1) The amount of money earned by killing the creatures seemed too low. The time/money ratio isn't reasonable currently.
          2) The amount of HP the fruit bats have is waaaaay too high. It took me 6 devastating cuts to knock one out.
          3) The fruit bats seem harder to hit than any of the other newbie friendly creatures out there. At rank 60/1 in berserk I had a 20 something success if I recall. They might require some slight tweaks. Their offense seemed pretty similar to the sandcrabs in Quartz Heights, if I recall. I didn't keep any notes.
          4) The amount of HP the mice have seems more reasonable, but might be a tad bit high for newbies. I had damage boost due to higher ranks and a decent weapon/damaging move.
          5) The amount of coin made by searching an area seemed a bit on the low side, but that could be a seasonal thing. I didn't write down any notes, but I believe it was close to 2 denars 1 sens per search. It seemed slower than searching for apples in the orchard, but I didn't time it, so can't really comment on that aspect.
          6) Implementation of go ko = death for the creatures as it is on the Island would be a massive improvement. Having to lose fatigue due to using the 'kill' command and failing makes it a pain.
          7) Addition: The Officium de Humanitas should open up a branch in Seld and it would make perfect sense for it to happen, too. The Village has been struck hard by the bandits and having a Cult presence sponsored by some patricians or what not could make perfect sense. It's possible there is one, but I haven't seen it.
          8) Addition: Baths. I haven't seen any, but it's possible there are some and I just missed it.
          9) Addition: NPC Healer: It's possible there is one, but I haven't seen any.
          10) Addition: Dumps outside of Seld. Maybe in terms of danger somewhat similar to the Iridine dumps/RV critter alley?
          11) Addition: Rowboats rental. This is something that was done in the past and is present in Monlon. Would be fun if we could go from Vetallun to Seld, Seld to Vetallun, Seld to Monlon and Monlon to Seld.
          12) Addition: Ferry from Vetallun to Seld. Ferry from Seld to Monlon.
          13) Addition: Non-com missions/jobs.
          14) Feedback: At Salvare's shop, only 3 things are mentioned that will raise Seld reputation. Could there be other things that could be added? Small Seld-related missions or even the net-mending/garden management? I know they could technically be botted easily with no danger involved, but so can mining for ore. Could always add a daily cap on how much rep it can give.

Comment

could we please have drogo get the training increase so I only have to pay a 200 denar pelt more instead of a talent more a lesson than every other trainer
            Bring it on you lovers of flame it turns my crank.

Slave to RP.

We believe in euthanasia here in TEC. We'll kill you any time, just ask.-Tale

Comment

Originally posted by Talax View Post
              could we please have drogo get the training increase so I only have to pay a 200 denar pelt more instead of a talent more a lesson than every other trainer
              There's absolutely no way Tale makes Dreggo teach to that level. I just don't think he remembered that the Monlon guy was already super expensive before adding in the Seld levels to it.

He just needs to even out the Monlon Avros guy prices with the Seld peoples and make it more accessible. If you talk about giving Dreggo those lessons, how is it fair for the other people paying Seld prices? Or honestly, just introduce a new Avros trainer. Using a patrician trainer barely any of the game has access to was a bad choice.

Besides, just another way to drain people's bank accounts intentionally. Dreggo being half free would ruin that.

Comment

I gotta say I'm disappointed here as well.

Dreggo costs pelts and teaches to 80. That made Avros the lowest taught skill in the game, right?

I do appreciate that an Avros trainer *somewhere* was increased but to have it be a guy that's locked behind a Patrician-RP and to have him cost as much as he does? That's ludicrous.
                Pardelian, another sword skill, is locked behind Legion RP, I totally get it. But once you are past that RP-wall it's FREE.

Avros is arguably the worst combat skill set in the game and it is also the hardest to find and most expensive to learn.

Please make this either accessible to an organization like the MVG since the trainer is up there (which brings it in line with Pardelian for Legio) or make this accessible to everyone. And while you're at it make it cost the same.

Comment

drogo charges for lessons you know? he just requires a pelt too, also you have to serve a patrician to get in currently

Slave to RP.

Comment

drogo charges for lessons you know? he just requires a pelt too, also you have to serve a patrician to get in currently
                    Dreggo charges at a reduced rate similar to Krim for outdoors last I checked.

Which for the record, is more than likely why Tale choose to use the Monlon guy so you wouldnt get a reduced rate.

Tale likely just doesnt have any in game experience with the Monlon trainer to realize the RP necessary, and the actual cost is already increased and likely didnt look at the code to notice it. Have to remember, Tale doesnt exactly interact with a lot of these things. He doesn't even know the existence of some of the hunting grounds I have brought up to him or their locations.

Comment

monlon is over 650% more a lesson at 100, and we only have two trainers to chose from

Slave to RP.

Comment

Yes... You're missing my point. I'm saying Tale likely made a conclusion to not use Dreggo to avoid the reduced price rate, not realizing the Monlon guy has the opposite x100+RP necessaries. Staff isn't all knowing about every code existing in the game, specifically Tale whos always had nonecombat characters and been nonecombat focused. Just relax, he will likely figure out a way to even it out and just didnt realize.

Comment

Dreggo no longer charges any coin for lessons once a pelt is submitted. Pranzor made that change this year.

Comment

The Village of Vet is now accepting a Avros trainer feel free to apply. plenty of empty spaces.

But for Seld things,

Mouses die in 2 hits, they need a a couple more hp (low level spear user with a stinky spear and terrible stats)
                            Bats feel about right.

Seld is feeling good, maybe making one of the Inn's buy meat is my only thing but i also feel having to go to another towns to sell these isnt a bad thing
                            "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

Comment

Originally posted by Ciaran View Post

There's absolutely no way Tale makes Dreggo teach to that level. I just don't think he remembered that the Monlon guy was already super expensive before adding in the Seld levels to it.

He just needs to even out the Monlon Avros guy prices with the Seld peoples and make it more accessible. If you talk about giving Dreggo those lessons, how is it fair for the other people paying Seld prices? Or honestly, just introduce a new Avros trainer. Using a patrician trainer barely any of the game has access to was a bad choice.

Besides, just another way to drain people's bank accounts intentionally. Dreggo being half free would ruin that.
                              Avros is the main weapon for Patricians, which is why he got the increase.

But if you walked like five paces away, you'd find the public Avros trainer in Monlon that teaches to the same levels.

The other feedback I'll be looking at as I tweak things over the next few weeks. Keep it coming, guys.
                              Game Master Tale

Comment

Working...
                              X