Seld Feedback, Questions, and Concerns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thank you very much Tale
    Bring it on you lovers of flame it turns my crank.

Slave to RP.

We believe in euthanasia here in TEC. We'll kill you any time, just ask.-Tale

Comment

Would you consider having the blacksmith repair weapons?

Comment

Originally posted by PhilippeCP View Post

Dreggo costs pelts and teaches to 80. That made Avros the lowest taught skill in the game, right?
        No, not right, Stelahos only teaches to 75, but to compensate, is also the single cheapest combat skill to train, if you do it in bulk.

Comment

I might have missed it, but the addition of a healer and somewhere to buy healing supplies would be awesome. Baths would be a cool future project, probably more for the cold side than the hot. It's a great addition so far though and has really tied two ends of the game world together with the wagon to Franlius. Great work!

Comment

I don't think the Locksmith shop has jobs available, this would be a nice thing. I'm assuming there are plans for such in the future but I figured I'd point it out regardless.

A medic/healers shop/tent would be nice too of course.

Any plans at all for anything tailor focused?

Would really be awesome if some wooded region was added somewhere, maybe over across the river, that you could take a boat across for woodies. Or even just outside the eastern gate. Maps do show there to be woods there abouts. A nice newbie-ish wooded area would be nice. So there are options for them instead of just the north woods. Which does get kind of crowded at times.

I feel the need to offer a little constructive criticism in regards to the gardens, I was really hoping for more, and I find the that they are lacking in potential. I just think perhaps something more involving could be done with them instead of just searching over and over. Considering this is a rep creating activity this could be easily abused, (you did leave digging sand and gravel off the rep building potential because of the ease of filling sacks and emptying them, this is not much different in nature.) It's beyond simplistic and even newbies won't find them at all involving. We want them to have fun, not be bored out of their gourds. I know it's a rather narrow line in between in TEC but can we maybe make it more involving? Like, in the spring, digging holes with hoes (actually give these ingame implements a purpose) and burying seeds, going and getting water and watering the plants? During the summer you can weed, and water, tend the crops and maybe give the ability for outdoorspeople to search for grubs to de-worm/insect the plots. Then come fall, have the harvesting of the crops that have grown. and the cleaning of the area. I just think that it's something that could have a little more added to that wouldn't be that difficult to code (I would not think). I'd like to see them as something more than just newbie jobs, that anyone who wants to rp the tending of a garden could enjoy it.
            Just a few ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by ArchMagi View Post

No, not right, Stelahos only teaches to 75, but to compensate, is also the single cheapest combat skill to train, if you do it in bulk.
              Ariston teaches Nelsor Basics to 70, moves to 50. The guy in the Silver Wolves place (that you need permission from the guild leader to access) teaches Nelsor to 90 basics, 70 moves.

Comment

First let me say I am absolutely over the moon with excitement for Seld and everything in it. Thank you for all the work I’m sure was put into it. On the garden thing I thought he said he wouldn’t be making the critters stronger because that area was for newbies so I figure he won’t do anything to make the area more appealing to more experienced players. Like getting worms and such. It seems to me like exactly the same thing the orchard is in Vet as in being only meant for newbies to Do things in. Also on the side note I am beyond excited for the new pet options, the inn, and.. just the atmosphere of Seld!

Comment

Firstly, I do want to say that Seld is a great addition and it really feels like its own city. Kudos to all the hard work from the GMs that went into its release.

As for feedback. Maybe a bin or crate in the blacksmith area to store forging tools. Also, do the kiln and forge light indefinitely or can they run out of whatever they use to light them?
                  A woman in a shiny boison helmet with an absurdly tall dome says to a ram in Cineran, "Oh yes, hit me now, you bad bad bad sheep."
                  A woman in a shiny boison helmet with an absurdly tall dome is stunned.
                  A ram bumps roughly into a woman in a shiny boison helmet with an absurdly tall dome with its head!.

“Everybody in this country should learn how to program a computer... because it teaches you how to think.” - Steve Jobs

Comment

Yes I think I previously left out the fact that I love the area. It has a relaxed feeling for my character. I should have started with the praise of the area, I do very much like it. Just was too focused to give ideas for improvements. As with all areas, there is always room for improvement!

Comment

Originally posted by Dragonus View Post
                      Also, do the kiln and forge light indefinitely or can they run out of whatever they use to light them?
                      Yes, they need fuel to be lit just like the furnaces in the city. I had a hard time figuring out that the forge was the equivalent for the iron furnace because I didn't have any wood. Once I got some I figured it out. So make sure and extinguish them when you are done!

Comment

New non Citizen chars should start in Seld

Comment

Originally posted by Dark997895 View Post

Ariston teaches Nelsor Basics to 70, moves to 50. The guy in the Silver Wolves place (that you need permission from the guild leader to access) teaches Nelsor to 90 basics, 70 moves.
                          And now seld teaches to 300/175... but I still didn't see anyone teaching pankration past 75

Comment

Originally posted by Ilkilyn View Post
                            New non Citizen chars should start in Seld
                            What a nightmare that would be for new characters, who are also new players... when there'd be nobody around for miles to help.

Comment

Originally posted by ArchMagi View Post

And now seld teaches to 300/175... but I still didn't see anyone teaching pankration past 75
                              There is a Pankration/Brawling trainer that teach up to 300/175 in Seld.

New suggestion: In an effort to help players better understand mechanics and their effects, I would highly recommend that any skills that do NOT have any bonuses past a certain rank not be taught any higher than the max. This should apply to all weapon grips/accuracy, reflexes/footwork, weapon stances, missile defense/arrow awareness/feint awareness and any other skills that have a hard cap on their effects and receive no bonuses from higher rank bonus. Having these skills higher than their max (90-100) only provides confusion.

Comment

I would gladly park a alt in self to help new time people in seld to learn the game.
                                "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

Comment

Working...
                                X