Announcement

Collapse

Skotos Forums Closing: September 30

The Skotos Forums are officially closing on September 30, 2020. They will go read-only on that date, and will be removed entirely sometime afterward.

We encourage the games that spun off of Skotos to create new discussion mediums of their own, and some have already done so. But the centralized discussions for Skotos will soon be a thing of the past (just as the centralized Skotos site is).

We've also posted a goodbye message to the community on our main page, which you can find here:
http://www.skotos.net/goodbye.php
See more
See less

things you can do but maybe shouldn't

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• things you can do but maybe shouldn't

So last night i was attacked by bandits, tha'ts fine it was my fault for not totally paying attention, but what occured after isnt okay to me. After being assaulted i was bound force fed thing to make me seriously sick, beaten more. I myself don't have anything that is effected by this but i told my friend who is a marine and he was upset. A couple people he knows was tortured in exactly that way, force fed to make them sick and week beaten, bound. I know its stuff you can do in the game but you have to remember its a game, and you did torture my character. You personally made a choice to be abusive and more violent and cruel then necessary. bind me what ever, knock me out, steal my shit fine. But you ethicly crossed the line no matter what reason you think you had to do that stuff to someone else... I hope you think about this before you do something like this again.

Berries are a thought prevention tactic. You had opportunities to RP something out and just spit and laughed. If you had played it differently you would've got all your things back minus an item or two. Your actions, like those of the bandits, have consequences.

Comment

I think torture RP IG is fine. There’s no way the players of bandits would know what triggers Theri's player or Theri's player’s friend. The climate of the game is pretty violent, with piking and torture and mass murder and zealots and war and ichor and poison and all that pretty open, and almost unavoidable. Some RP requires explicit consent from the other player (read: sexual RP) but I don't think violence is in that category, as the game has an inherent high volume of violence.

I don’t think griefing is fine. That’s a different but related beast. Banditing, violence, kidnapping, torture is RP - whether it's being done well, here, or in other examples, is a different question. Perhaps a discussion for a different thread.

Comment

So to get this straight, you're complaining that not you - but your FRIEND was triggered? Does he even play the game?

Comment

If they force fed you orange berries, I don't see the problem, no calls for help possible, play it out as they're not npcs at that point.
          If they force fed you something else... well, that's a case by case basis.

Comment

I mean, I don't approve of griefing at all, but by this logic, you shouldn't be rolling a combat character at all, because you might upset your house mate that you're beating on drunk sailors in the harbor until they die and then stealing from them.
            "It's still magic even if you know how's it's done." - Terry Pratchett

Comment

I'm sorry, but no organization of any kind should censor itself based on real-life traumas someone may have had. That slippery slope leads to all sorts of bad. What about car accidents in movies? Could be traumatic? Someone smoking or drinking (for people whose relatives drank/smoked themselves to death)? A job loss?

Our traumas are something we each have to carry with us and learn to live with. We can't expect the world to change to suit them.
              Those who are afraid of the dark have never seen what the light can do.

Comment

Sorry you had to go through that. This playerbase has definitely a strong fetish for playing abusive, psycho and manipulative characters without remorse. I don't believe in censorship myself either but it's very much a reflection on the players as much as they try to deny it and distance their actions under the guise of roleplay.
                The position being taken is not to be mistaken for attempted education or righteous accusation- Only a description, just an observation of the pitiful condition of our degeneration.

Oh doom and gloom, oh doom and gloom, the GMs are fools and do not realize what a position they have put us in. They could not possibly have thought of all of this already, for they are but tiny brained fools.
                Keep on keepin' on, can ya dig it?

Comment

Originally posted by Stonespyder View Post
                  Sorry you had to go through that. This playerbase has definitely a strong fetish for playing abusive, psycho and manipulative characters without remorse. I don't believe in censorship myself either but it's very much a reflection on the players as much as they try to deny it and distance their actions under the guise of roleplay.
                  The opposite would be surprising.

The economic system suports it: 99% of fighters make their money killing humanoid mobs.
                  The mechanistic supports it: Not being able to kill people is a negative trait.
                  The gameworld is roman oriented.
                  The main pvp struggles are law vs crime and Cult vs heretics

And those are just examples...

During story-arcs, people are burnt, tortured, manipulated, assassinated... they steal, they lie, etc...
                  Vinian whispers to you, "[ brb just had a naked guy fall into my backyard....WTF!! ]"

Comment

Working...
                  X

Debug Information