Announcement

Collapse

Skotos Forums Closing: September 30

The Skotos Forums are officially closing on September 30, 2020. They will go read-only on that date, and will be removed entirely sometime afterward.

We encourage the games that spun off of Skotos to create new discussion mediums of their own, and some have already done so. But the centralized discussions for Skotos will soon be a thing of the past (just as the centralized Skotos site is).

We've also posted a goodbye message to the community on our main page, which you can find here:
http://www.skotos.net/goodbye.php
See more
See less

A thought on a skill.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A thought on a skill.

I know few people will care what I say and more will only care long enough to mock me but I have decided to share my feelings. I started this account over 4 years ago knowing little to nothing about what to do and what to say. I like many of you made more then one character to try it out…well I got hooked when I discovered locksmithing. I know a lot of you just stopped reading this but hear me out.

Up till the option of locksmith was taken out of the start list I hardly ever training I preferred teaching the newer smiths how to get along.

I know most of the players called for our end cause a few smiths were robbing rooms and such. I dealt with losing some of my skill…. I was not happy but I dealt with it. I lost a lot of my game though, a lot of what makes this world interesting, my connection if you will to all the newer people when smiths no longer came into the city. I guess the game has never been the same since. To disappoint a few of you no I am not leaving. I do however ask you to see things from my point of view. One-day locksmithing may be like herbalism. I see it coming yeah some people know locksmithing now and mostly warriors cutting us out. I understand that but those used to be a part of the new locksmiths now there is a rare healer who wants to learn but otherwise no actual locksmiths have come to the city in a long time.

I guess I told you all already I am expecting to be ridiculed for this. I expect it within an hour at worst. But I love tec as much as any of you and this upsets me a lot when I think back. Worse then all that, I know no one cares or if they do they have not told me. I will stop now for the few who read this far thank you for you’re time.

The Luckless Locksmith
    The Luckless Locksmith

I care.
    http://www.crush007.com/love.cgi?id=1127958542pnx
    http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/uthgolsarchives

Comment

Thank You

The Luckless Locksmith
      The Luckless Locksmith

Comment

The GMs need to have new characters have the opportunity to begin as locksmiths.

Locksmithing IG is suppose to be a profession.
        A man in a bright orange mask in the shape of a sunburst gently strikes a small brass gong with a leather-wrapped rod.

Comment

I don't know how they'll do it. But someday the GMs will probably make a new locksmithing skillset, like they say they will for herbalism.

It won't be the same. I hope it will be good.
          http://www.girlgeniusonline.com/comic.php?date=20090706

Comment

Another useless skillset..... How surprising

Comment

Originally posted by Wombat
              Another useless skillset..... How surprising
              Another worthless comment, how surprising.

SAFE'!
              *Is the most electrifying Gladiator in blood sports entertainment history*

Comment

to be honest I didnt notice that the skill set was no longer avaliable for new players, but now I have I understand why you are upset. If you played the character that I think you did, then I do understand the way your character thought and lived. If not who the hell are you?? (j/k). But times have got to change locksmiths became 2 a penny, no one needed a locksmith, no one wanted coffers popped, but soon the locksmith will be a much sort after person. I think its a good thing for locksmiths, Im all for Apula closin her shop and taking a long vacation.
                Just my opinion doesnt count for much.
                Sorry if it upsets anyone.....
                wait who am I kiddin, to hell with ya all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                [Difficulty: 45 , Roll: 100]
                In an impressive show of strength, you wrench away your iron cestus from a man in a hooded cloak and send his razor-sharp iron scylesca with an engraved handle flying!
                You are no longer busy.

You take a razor-sharp iron scylesca with an engraved handle.
                You put a razor-sharp iron scylesca with an engraved handle in a black doeskin large sack.

Comment

If Apulas closed locksmiths would have nowhere to earn money and nowhere to train.
                  Why would you wish Apula to take a long vacation?
                  Makes no sense.
                  Unlike Mel (who takes business away from healers), Apula doesnt pop chests etc for the weary fighter (locksmiths do).
                  So why do you wish Apula to take a vacation Austin?

Comment

Originally posted by Mask
                    If Apulas closed locksmiths would have nowhere to earn money and nowhere to train.
                    Why would you wish Apula to take a long vacation?
                    Makes no sense.
                    Unlike Mel (who takes business away from healers), Apula doesnt pop chests etc for the weary fighter (locksmiths do).
                    So why do you wish Apula to take a vacation Austin?
                    no where to train.... no where for character to learn locksmithing, appart from if they used the GoL, that was what I was trying to say. Sorry I wasnt clearer.

The bonus for Locksmiths is people wouldnt be able to pick up the skill, making Locksmiths a much more valued proffesion.

That make any sense?
                    In an impressive show of strength, you wrench away your iron cestus from a man in a hooded cloak and send his razor-sharp iron scylesca with an engraved handle flying!
                    You are no longer busy.

You put a razor-sharp iron scylesca with an engraved handle in a black doeskin large sack.

Comment

That would be debilitating. Yeah locksmiths would be more sort after but also locksmithing would just die out as the characters do...

Comment

I dont think it would mean the end of the skill, we will all need coffers popped, ect. But I see your point that as players die off so will the skill, unless the Gol tought some others on joining the Gol? I dunno, as I said just my opinion, not saying im right
                        You are no longer busy.

Comment

Uh....

Locksmithing isn't dying. Listen to your thoughts. At least twice a day people are pratically begging for locksmithing. And, it is possible to make money at it. Ask Expedicus.

One thing the GMs could do to make locksmiths life easier is to fit 3-4 chests per sack.

Andrew.
                          Andrew.

Winner of the 'Funniest' and 'Best' Polls.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRealAndrew2
                            Uh....

Locksmithing isn't dying. Listen to your thoughts. At least twice a day people are pratically begging for locksmithing. And, it is possible to make money at it. Ask Expedicus.

One thing the GMs could do to make locksmiths life easier is to fit 3-4 chests per sack.

Andrew.
                            Yup. If you can fit a dining table in there, I don't see why 3/4 chests can't fit too.
                            Henry: (To Indy) MARCUS?! You didn't drag poor Marcus along, did you? He's not up to the challenge.
                            Donovan: He sticks out like a sore thumb. We'll find him.

Indy: The hell you will. He's got a two-Day head-start on you, which is more than he needs. (Beat) Brody's got friends in every town and village from here to the sudan. He speaks a dozen languages, knows every local custom. He'll blend in. Disappear. You'll never see him again. With any luck, he's got the Grail already.

Henry looks amazed and impressed.
                            ------------------------------------------------
                            Ext. Train station - city of Iskenderun - Day
                            Brody disembarks from the train along with the other passengers, a cross- section of arabs and tusks.
                            Brody: Does anyone here speak english? Or even ancient greek?
                            Originally posted by Dark997895
                            Though I do have the advantage of TEC, where training is nowhere as exciting as it is here, what with all the bodies exploding and Hamlet quotes.

Comment

Thank you

I am glad some have read into this and see how I am thinking. I want to thank you all for looking into this and reading it threw.

To some of you wanting more smiths sounds wrong I see a couple thinks less is better. I could charge more, I guess but I loved locksmithing cause I had a group of about 20 people who were smiths, who were friends. We welcomed each new smith in and just expanded our circle. We had a family of sorts, I know for some this sounds asinine, but I miss all the new people and having a large locksmith family.

Andrew, the skill is dieing, and yes I always hear people crying out if you watch it is about 3-4 people. Same people every time. I am one of them. I am also in the GoL and have seen out numbers go down. I hawk my skills cause it keeps locksmiths in you’re thoughts. I still unlock only 5-7 chests a month but you all hear me.

Thank you again for reading and thinking over this issue is you post I will try to reply to any questions you have and be constructive.

Thank you one more time
                              The Luckless Locksmith

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information