Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More

You suggested a limit on posting.

I wish I had acsess to the old forums cos I would quote it all.

I guess Jove's player said it best when he said: Quit whining and start playing.

Viviana

Comment

stats

I confess to not entirely understanding. Shade's stats like strength and endurance have always sucked and the training course never made an appreciable difference. The stats that are good in her.. don't have much impact on anything she does so. I don't get it.
      Shade

Never attribute exact words like frankness to a species which might not value it.
      --Hilfy Chanur

Comment

Yes, I did post about a limit on posting. Believe it or not, I posted again and said I was wrong.

I posted about poor roleplaying at events.

I posted about people sleeping to avoid death.

I posted about my favorite snacks and my first role-playing experiance.

I posted about probably a few other things..

I completely forgot that I posted a paragraph about the sword skillset. Must be a crime. Can someone give me a rope to hang myself?

Yes, I'm often sarcastic. Hence the comment about people having ten talents being in the Guild or thieves. If you did read further on the thief thread on Annatar's site, I said that I did not EVER intend to post in the TEC one. Why? Because I did not know enough about it. In fact, if I recall right, several prominant thieves have agreed that thieving was too easy. But, that's besides the point. Am I not allowed to express my opinion in these forums without it being called whining or complaining? I have a better idea. How about Viviana simply tell us who is worthy of posting and who is not? Sounds like it would work better to me.

One last thing, I never intended to post on this agility thread again. Why? Because it's obvious that most people think it is fine. All I was asking for was for a few opinions. Now, where'd I put that rope of mine? *ponders*

Andrew.

Comment

Andrew

How about Viviana simply tell us who is worthy of posting and who is not? Sounds like it would work better to me.
          You know full well she wasn't suggesting anything of the kind Andrew.

Andrew: appears you still don't get it. You are welcome to your opinions. It is the nature in which you express them that is the point of most of the arguments against you.
          If you didn't go about it in such a way you wouldn't have people angry at you.
          The point is when you say "this is too easy" or "that attack is far too powerful" you are destroying things that people have worked hard for. Many of the powerful attacks are not easy moves. I for one believe that if you work hard in your weapon you shouldn't be penalised.
          However the moment one of my characters got any good with a weapon be it bow or whatever, you voiced a specific opinion and believe or not your voice was heard and the weapons were toned down *significantly*.
          Now I'm all for anyone having an opinion and expressing it.
          Perhaps a simpler way however would for you to have had a poll or whatever to ask people their opinions if this is truely the force behind your postings.
          Please think before you post. Think about other people. Think about the effect your voice is going to have on the game.
          The forums are read by everyone *including the GMs*.
          They value our opinions and listen to people who have problems with something and attempt to deal with that problem.
          Believe it or not Andrew they listen to your opinions.
          I am not saying you can't have an opinion or express it. Just consider the way you express it.

Macro
          Macro

There's only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving, and that's your own self. So you have to begin there, not outside, not on other people. That comes afterwards, when you have worked on your own corner.
          - Aldous Huxley

Comment

blah

Comparing agility to other statistics is like comparing rocks to apples. If you have above average agility when fighting someone with average agility you will have the approximate advantage of about 10 rank bonus in blocks no matter what your stance, weapon or move that is used on you. Someone with very good agility will have an advantage over 'average agility' of about 40 rank bonus in blocks.

In aggressive stance this is the equivilant of a grandmaster in basics having a block ranked 40-60 (depending on difficulty) over every part of thier body. That's a hell of a lot of training that's being made redundant and I can't see why I should be happy about it or accept it.
            will nobody help the widow's son?

Comment

Where did you get this info on agility bonuses? I would like to read it.

Viviana

Comment

information on agility

I didn't get it anywhere you can read it. One point of agility equals one point greater success to hit your character. There are approximately 10 points per 'rank' (ie, from average to above average) so a character with very good agility will have a success to be hit about 40 higher than a character with average agility. This is regardless of stance. If you have even a remotely respectable strength and a one handed weapon you can carry a wall-shield taking your base 'to be hit score' to some obscene number I don't even want to contemplate.

Agility is imbalanced. It makes block training redundant. Having superior agility should have an effect on how you fight, but I can't see why it should be so pronounced.

Comment

Then I want to complain That would mean nothing should get less than a 60 on Viv since she has phenomenal agility. Not counting her block training and ACM's

Viviana

*that was sarcasm again*

Comment

*sighs*

Please read over what I wrote again.

Having phenomonal agility would mean the success to hit your character would be 60 higher than a character with average agility. A high attacking rank bonus would bring this down just like it would with any defence. It just so happens that you have defence my character would have to train to ranks I have no interest in aquiring (around rank 60-80) simply because of a good roll and a couple of modifiers in character creation.

And if you want to put me down personally do it in private messages so then I'm the only person who has to ignore them.

Comment

Didn't put you down Illabrat...The sarcasm was because that incredible bonus you describe is not my experience. It is not the experience of others with higher agility. And I don't think you can directly compare the advantages afforded you with two stats, but you can compare the benifits.

The tone of your post was answered in kind; I made no personal attacks.

Viviana

Comment

You're numbers/figures are way off Dude!

I must agree completely with Viviana.
                        illabrat? My character has Inhuman agility (as I've already stated previously) and has never experienced the kind of bonuses you speak of. I'm not gonna re-state everything I've already said...you can jess re-read my previous posts on this thread. I believe you have somehow misread or misunderstood whatever it is from wherever it is you go it from.....and if not....then the information on agility that you read sure does not work out that way IG.

Perhaps the GM's should just do away with the agility stat all together eh? Would this solve everyone's problems? While their at why don't they do away with all the Stats? Hey...then you couldn't complain about them interefering with your skills right?

Bye the way, I was being sarcastic with this last bit, just in case you couldn't figure that out.

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake." - Napoleon

Comment

Ok, there is definatly some kind of negative impact on your opponents success if you have high agility, me and a friend, who will remain nameless (for no particular reason) where checking it, i've tryed it with numerous people, I was using one of my attacks on them when they where beskerk. The three people i took notice of the results had average, very good and phenomanal agility, and all where beserked when i tryed. Now the results where as follows.

Against average 7 success
                          against very good 30 success
                          again phenomanal 50 success

I find it highly annoying that someone gets such a huge bonus for agility, i recently went from Very good to phenomanal strength, and can now hold 12 lbs more load, but the actual impact on combat is only 5 success between the damage types.

If you add the bonuses for shields onto someones agility is gets beyond stupid, i had 80 success with the same skill, (yes i rotated through 5 attacks, yes the lighting was perfect, and no i never had any extra weight.)

Now if i worked out how much work i'd have to do on my blocks to equal that, (even then i wouldn't have the help in berserk) It would take me 10 ranks in each of my ACMs to cover.
                          <Atilian thinks aloud: See Ya'll>

Atilian says to you, "The master passes with the passing of the old system, it's time for a new master to take the light. A new system to excel in, only one can hold the name of 'Eternal Combat Master' I pass that guantlet on to you now." He folds his arms and gives you a long hard look as he asks, "Are you warrior enough to take the challenge?" He smirks arrogantly then continues, "Or are you just another rookie?"

Comment

Agility and shields

There is nothing wrong with the agility stat.

Quoted from the help files:
                            Attributes are ranked in the following manner:
                            abysmal, very poor, poor, below average, average, above average, fairly good, good, very good, exceptional, phenomenal, inhuman.

It is only natural for someone who has very good agility to be that much harder to hit (note the number of ranks higher that it is). When you turn to exceptional and above different rules apply.

Again a comparison is being made here between agility and strength. Personally I had a character that had exceptional agility. His load was much much much more than my characters with fairly good strength.

The bonus really isn't that huge.

If the person has learned shields then they are welcome to the rank bonuses they obtain from it after all you are. His agility enhances his abilities. If he has been lucky enough to be born with good agility and strength, or worked towards that, then he should not be penalised for it.

I'm sorry Atilian but I cannot disagree more with you.

We are talking about agility here by the way not any bonuses obtained by someone with excellent agility knowing shields and acms.

Macro
                            Macro

There's only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving, and that's your own self. So you have to begin there, not outside, not on other people. That comes afterwards, when you have worked on your own corner.
                            - Aldous Huxley

Comment

Macro i use shields shields as well, that wasn't my point. I was just stating that i have 70 added to my success on someone who is berserk, for what? They are a carring shield, that they don't have to know, and the are agile... even though they are berserked, they shouldn't be bouncing around trying to dodge, natural agility of trained agility (ACMs).

My point is it would take me 60 ranks (300 SP if all the dodges were easy which they aren't) to get the same effect as that kind of agility, and that would be me in defensive, they get it in berserk, now if your swing like a mad person taking no regard for defence as berserk is supposed to be, as it says in the help file as Andrew quoted, why is it that i'm familar in that skill and i still only have a 50/50 chance of landing a blow on someone that is supposed be entirly concerned with his attack and not defence?

I have a better chance of hitting a thug with it even when the thug is trying to block it, same with brutes.

Also i don't care how agile you are, it takes a lot of training to get out of the way of a sword, let alone a whip which is subjected to the same modifiers, so being born agile don't matter if you don't know how to dodge or in this case aren't bothered to because your on a blood-lust.
                              <Atilian thinks aloud: See Ya'll>

Atilian says to you, "The master passes with the passing of the old system, it's time for a new master to take the light. A new system to excel in, only one can hold the name of 'Eternal Combat Master' I pass that guantlet on to you now." He folds his arms and gives you a long hard look as he asks, "Are you warrior enough to take the challenge?" He smirks arrogantly then continues, "Or are you just another rookie?"

Comment

Atilian

If you can hit them then whats the problem?

Macro
                                Macro

- Aldous Huxley

Comment

Working...
                                X