Abusive Constables Make Me Sick

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abusive Constables Make Me Sick

I broke the law, in front of witnesses. I came to a constable, sat down, and told him what I did when he told me to explain myself.

So He asked me, "How about <insert the appropriate punichment here> then?"

I noded and said that sounded right, and then he started beating me into unconsiousness. I told him to stop and take me to jail, but he did not. He beat me unconsious and THEN took me to jial, breaking 3 limbs in the process.

This is complete bullshit.

I was completely cooperative, and he even "licked his lips" before he started beating me.

Not only did he almost kill me in the proccess (It took me down to -89hp before I passed out), but now My character will have to crawl home when they get out of jail, and is out of comission for at least a week and a half, just because a constable is abusing his power.

Can I charge him with major assault for beating me KO, when he could have just hauled me to jail as I was just sitting there? Of course not.

Some bloody justice system.
    Originally posted by Blackening
    As strange as it feels to say this, Nookie wins this thread.
    Originally posted by Max Powers
    The mighty Nookie reveals the secrets of TEC greatness!

Seriously, it is an IG occurence.

Some constables will hurt you, others couldn't be bothered. A lot is depending on the crime as well, for example if Ailell was arresting you after you admitted to hurting a child (NPC) or urchin (P/NPC), you'd have to catch him on his laziest of days to avoid an (attempted) beating.

About the only recourse is ask the witnesses if they thought it was excessive and if any of them have any standing, ask them to write to the Legate (remembering that your character now has a criminal record so his social pull is lessened considerably.)

And furthermore, if the warrant is already on you then use a street constable or use IG knowledge of which constables will swing and which won't to be arrested by.

Deep breath. Just a game. Educational experience. Best of luck.

Comment

I followed the book in the way i made the arrest on you.

You were asked to come to wher eyou just beat down a Daydreaming person who you knew was daydreaming and sitting [which is very OOC in my belief] without reason. You flee the scene.. You make me wait about 5-10 minutes to walk to a place that only takes about 20 seconds to get to. Then you sit down yes you cooperated. I type arrest [you] and it says They must be passive, so i gave you a warning shot and said submit. you stood up and tried running, that is why you received a beating to force you to submit.

this message brought to you by Moi.

Comment

Oh writing wouldn't help at all I'm afraid. I "tried to escape" after all. He had the exit blocked, and I tried to get to the next room so he would stop beating me (I was -89hp and I thought he was going to kill me with another hit or two, so I figured if I got to the next room I'l KO and he could come in and haul me to jail) But I passed out before he got in another hit, thankfully.

Maybe, if becomming a constable actually required the applicant to posess honesty and decency, Constables would actually be respected. Couldn't hurt. Certainly hasn't been tried yet.

If you hadn't been attacking me so fast, I might have checked to see if I was passive, instead of checking my stats to see how close I was to Unconsiousness. And without Reason? Excuse me, but you didn't bother asking me WHY I did it, so you don't very well know if I had a reason or not.

When I stood up, I didn't try to run (that was after I was already in the negative) I asked you to hold on a moment and to stop hitting me. As far as I knew I had submitted, and was being very cooperative. My character was offended you started hitting me. You licked your lips and continued attacking me, instead of telling me to submit, and actually wait for me to type out the command.
        Originally posted by Blackening
        As strange as it feels to say this, Nookie wins this thread.
        Originally posted by Max Powers
        The mighty Nookie reveals the secrets of TEC greatness!

Comment

i love this, you talk about honesty and respectibility, this coming from the person that just KOed badly a AFK person for the sake of doing it?

I did what i did by the book, I watched my damage and you were far from -89 before that last hit I did on you, which i would have stopped regardless because i knew that one would have dropped you. I've been doing this gig for a while, and I've only killed one person ever by damage overload, that was a game lag mistake and I've been cautious ever since.

Constables don't have the populary respect from the game because 95% of the characters in TEC have a criminal record of some sort and resent the constables for arresting them! that's why most of the people in RL hate police, because they aren't swayed, they do the job they were put there and trained to do, by the book in 90% of the cases.

I licked my lips as a miss emote macro set, thank you. I have screenshots of me asking you to SIT and SUBMIT, if you want them PM me and i'll give them to you. If you would have sat down, and submitted by typing passive or submit, you would be conscious.

have a nice day.

Comment

heh at least you hadn't been arrested by me, usually those aren't pretty...

this just gives your character more drive to train so you can get your revenge and beat the snot out of the responsible party.

Comment

I saw the whole thing.

Yes, you were wrong for breaking the law.

Yes, the beating seemed excessive.

You sat. He tried to arrest you. You weren't passive. So he gave you a warning shot. That's when you tried to leave. Why the warning shot?

So, while logistically I am in your corner, one also has to remember things in the context of the game. The constables have been like this as long as I remember. It's been a part of the game as long as I can remember. In the context of the game, it's an acceptable practice. So long as you're in jail, and don't die on the way, that's the only thing that matters to the constables. Just seems to be the way it is.

I'd complain, but I've never been arrested. And if I were, I'd probably just submit. Explaining it doesn't seem to work, either.

Besides... have you ever done something wrong IRL? Cops drive up and question you. You talk to them... but how often has your talking to them actually gotten you out of it. If they believe you did something wrong, you're getting arrested, like it or not. Start getting mouthy or try to run, they're going to use force.

*shrugs* Just my take on it.
              Originally posted by Japes
              It's someone slapping a "Smite Me GMs!" sticker on their forehead.
              "Believe your voice can mean something"

Alurea Balasarre

Comment

Oh and one more little thing. Only one of your limbs are broken dear, at least from me. I landed one critical hit on you, rest were small brusies or bruises. by the time i landed that last swing at you, your hp was probably around 30-40. Nothing less than that since the majority of things were bruises or small bruises. One crit that hit your neck, nothing else.

so please stop over dramatizing something that your blowing way out of proportion.

Comment

Yeah... and to add to that, it was just one crit I saw landed. Not three breaks. Of course... it was to the neck...
                  Originally posted by Japes
                  It's someone slapping a "Smite Me GMs!" sticker on their forehead.
                  "Believe your voice can mean something"

Alurea Balasarre

Comment

abusive constables are cool. viva l'abuse!

Comment

I came in this as a total stranger, no idea what went on. But from the Screens that the Contstable showed me... and your comments, Your not telling close to the truth.

First off, He ask you to submit, Reason constables ask this is so that you know to type Submit. You didnt do that obviously.

Second, You got up and started to run after the warning shot... This gives a constable instant beatdown rights, no questions. And the fact that he told you atleast 2 more times durning him taking you down to sit and submit and you didnt comply gives him more rights than that.

Third, You say you have 3 broken limbs. You dont. This constable only got one attack in on you able to break anything, and that was you neck... and since he looked at you after he arrested you, we can also see that the only broken part is your neck.

If you have any complaints, please tell me... Ill be happy to post the screenshots for all people to judge who was right.
                      *edit* Id post the screenshots without the names of characters in it of course.*/edit*

Its things like this that get the constables in trouble for nothing...
                      -=Sardian Susuplus=-

Lanciuss says to you, "your the man, sheesh. Thats alot of damage."

Origninally posted by Kered:

Ah young grasshopper you are finding your way along the true path seek not dishonor but the trout. Doot.

Comment

Heh, and if this girl can exaggerate so much, about one piddly incident like this. Makes you wonder exactly how true her story is about corrupt legionaries and constables.

I hate liars.
                        Working Class Hero

Comment

Originally posted by Constables

Constables don't have the populary respect from the game because 95% of the characters in TEC have a criminal record of some sort and resent the constables for arresting them! that's why most of the people in RL hate police, because they aren't swayed, they do the job they were put there and trained to do, by the book in 90% of the cases.
                          I hate to break this to you, but RL police are just as corrupt as the IG ones. They are just more subtle about it.

Iulio

Comment

that is a load of bull....

The guy shouldn't have tried to run, he should've submitted when told, and that be that... this game is based in ancient roman standards of living... You look at a town guard or a constable wrong back then they could beat you... especially since EVERY character in game except patrician characters are of the plebian class.... They are the common citizen or foreigner that very few care about... My two sen on the situation: suck it up, and don't piss that conny off again... I find if you just do the time for the crime walk in submit and sit the constable is much happier... My old character i had several conny friends, I was also arrested by most of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Iol
                              lmao

Oh dear, he ko'd an AFK person!

So what now? You treat something that you deem OOC with IC actions? Good move, swift. You deserve a medal in the 'dumbass' category.

-=I'm sure you're suppose to sign out of the game, and into the WA when you're away from your keyboard any way.=-

This might be a long shot, but you could've maybe asked the person to submit before you hit them. Which is common constable practice when the person is cooperating. I could see a person start to run when they're hit before being asked to submit, while cooperating. It isn't too unimaginable.

Maybe the constable should've spent more time as a recruit.

--

Your best bet would be to tell some other constables about the moron in question. Likely they already know the person is a moron, but if they don't.. I'm sure one more clue might help fill them in.
                              Um. You might want to get some facts straight IoL. First, the constable DID ask for her to submit, prior to hitting her. That much is certain.

As for the beating for OOCness, I hardly think thats a fair accusation. She did rob the guy IG, granted he was afk, he was still robbed and aware IGly who robbed him. The girl was then consequently punished.

Where exactly did the constable earn a dumbarse award, or gained the title of 'moron' in something he was oath-sworn responsible to do?
                              I will not engage in a battle of wits, against an unarmed man.

Comment

Working...
                              X