No announcement yet.

The Crit of the day!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Success: 5, Roll: 96] With black quarterstave held at the horizontal, you step forward and pivot slightly, releasing a powerful sideways strike at a thug! Critical Hit! a thug is wide-eyed in pain as black quarterstave smashes into his kneecap, knocking the leg from under him.
    A thug stands up.
    You are no longer busy.
    spins th
    A thug has left a large high defensive opening.
    [Success: 5, Roll: 61] Stepping slightly to the side, you bring your black quarterstave down in a forward spin and unleash several rapid strikes aimed at a thug! Critical Hit! Hard hit to the upper arm causes a thug to stumble sideways! A painful CRACK is heard when the black quarterstave comes down hard and fast on a thug's hand! He suffers a bruise to his face.
    Slyteavisius says to Canadadry, "Did someone beat you while explaining how the Beatles were too emo for them or something?"

Rupert1 cheats, "Jeans are too loud. Nothing says stealth like light white cotton and sunflowers."

Originally Posted by urek23
    Rules only apply to specific people, something everyone that plays will learn very shortly after they start.

Comment

• [Success: 5, Roll: 92] You bob down and dart forward at a gladiator, spinning both hands upwards in a series of rapid, upward body shots! She suffers a small bruise to her chest. Critical Hit! a gladiator is dazed after your studded leather cestus catches her chin. Hard strike to the head causes a gladiator to lose balance and he stumbles forward onto one knee.

[Success: 5, Roll: 81] With a rapid one-two punch, you jab quickly at a gladiator with both cestii! Critical Hit! Solid strike to the shoulder. Bone-shattering blow to a gladiator's arm leaves it hanging limply at her side!

[Success: 5, Roll: 70] With a rapid one-two punch, you jab quickly at a gladiator with both cestii! Critical Hit! Solid strike to a gladiator's shin resounds with a painful crrraaccckk!
      His left shin is mangled.

[Success: 5, Roll: 68] You dip your lead hand and throw a quick uppercut at a gladiator with your studded leather cestus! Critical Hit! a gladiator is dazed and confused after studded leather cestus connects solidly with his face.

Comment

• [Success: 5, Roll: 64] Aiming for his weapon hand, you direct your stone mallet towards a thug and hit! Critical Hit! a thug stumbles back with a shattered hand! Your blow knocks a thug's weapon to the side and upsets his stance!

[Success: 5, Roll: 52] Grasping stone mallet in one hand, you twist into a crushing overhead blow, aimed at a thug! Critical Hit! A painful CRACK is heard when the stone mallet comes down hard and fast on a thug's hand!

[Success: 5, Roll: 40] You raise your stone mallet and bash downwards at a thug! Critical Hit! The stone mallet slams into a thug's hand and several fingers snap like twigs!

[Success: 5, Roll: 95] You raise your stone mallet and jump up, bashing at a brute on your way down! Critical Hit! The stone mallet comes down mercilessly on a brute's arm, breaking it!

[Success: 5, Roll: 71] You raise your stone mallet and jump up, bashing at a brute on your way down! Critical Hit! The stone mallet comes down mercilessly on a brute's arm, breaking it!

Never used a stone mallet before, just from fooling around with it the first time in the alley for fun and this is the outcome..

Comment

• Snap! Got this yesterday but hadn't got around to posting it.

[Success: 5, Roll: 93] You raise your iron mace and jump up, bashing at a gladiator on your way down! Critical Hit! The iron mace comes down mercilessly on a gladiator's arm, breaking it!

[Success: 5, Roll: 89] You raise your iron mace and bash downwards at a gladiator! Critical Hit! The attack comes down hard on a gladiator's forehead, resulting in a trickle of blood.

[Success: 5, Roll: 95] You raise the handle of your iron mace, bringing it down on a gladiator's head. Critical Hit! a gladiator's ears clang from a hard blow to the head!
          Macro

There's only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving, and that's your own self. So you have to begin there, not outside, not on other people. That comes afterwards, when you have worked on your own corner.
          - Aldous Huxley

Comment

• A light-skinned brigand with a wicked smile is stunned.
            [Success: 5, Roll: 91] You lean forward, striking a light-skinned brigand with a wicked smile with your lead palm, then turn your shoulder, throwing your rear elbow straight into him! Critical Hit! You hear the sound of bone shattering as the right arm finds a light-skinned brigand with a wicked smile's shoulder! He suffers a bruise to his left shoulder.
            You are no longer busy.
            "I would have written of me on my stone: I had a lover's quarrel with the world," Robert Frost

Comment

• [Success: 11, Roll: 90] Aiming for his weapon hand, you direct your spiked iron mace towards a muscular marine and hit! Critical Hit! The tip of the spiked iron mace penetrates cleanly through a muscular marine's hand before pulling out again! Your blow knocks a muscular marine's weapon to the side and upsets his stance!

Comment

• [Success: 5, Roll: 98] You slash horizontally at a young, weak slave with the tip of your retalq gladius. Critical Hit! Your retalq gladius slices into a young, weak slave, who steps backward, clutching his waist, as blood begins to trickle.
                <Pandarus thinks aloud: Oh Ereal's blazing jewels, I'm on my way.>

Comment

• Young, weak slave versus retalq gladius. Overkill much?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dink View Post
                    Young, weak slave versus retalq gladius. Overkill much?
                    I know, but it's not like there's any real bonus to keeping them alive longer, like some hunting grounds where you're competing for every kill.

EDIT:
                    Also, there is no overkill. Only open fire, and time to reload.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lucentius View Post
                      I know, but it's not like there's any real bonus to keeping them alive longer, like some hunting grounds where you're competing for every kill.

EDIT:
                      Also, there is no overkill. Only open fire, and time to reload.

I approve this statement.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lucentius View Post
                        SP efficiency.

Originally posted by VinianQuartz
                        HAIL CULEXUS

Comment

• Originally posted by Armataan View Post
                          SP efficiency.
                          I get that in a proper hunting ground, which is what I was trying to convey when I said "Where you're competing for every kill." But, when you're training in the Ludus, where you don't have to go looking for your next kill every time, you just stand there for three seconds and a new one spawns, how does using a tin gladius over retalq help you increase sp efficiency?

Comment

• [Success: 5, Roll: 94] You fire an iron-tipped arrow from a green-black short bow trailing ash grey feathers at a dark-skinned man with long hair. An iron-tipped arrow connects with a satisfying *THUNK*. Critical Hit! You pierce a dark-skinned man with long hair's side with your iron-tipped arrow, forcing him into a defensive posture. The wound bleeds profusely.

Comment

• [Success: 5, Roll: 88] You fire a bronze-tipped arrow from a green-black short bow trailing ash grey feathers at a lean and muscular brigand with one eye. A bronze-tipped arrow connects with a satisfying *THUNK*. Critical Hit! You pierce a lean and muscular brigand with one eye's side with your bronze-tipped arrow, forcing him into a defensive posture. The wound bleeds profusely.
                              [Success: 5, Roll: 79] You fire a bronze-tipped arrow from a green-black short bow trailing ash grey feathers at a lean and muscular brigand with one eye. A bronze-tipped arrow connects with a satisfying *THUNK*. Critical Hit! a lean and muscular brigand with one eye tries to jump aside from your shot, but your bronze-tipped arrow finds his back.

Comment

• [Success: 5, Roll: 96] With a rapid one-two punch, you jab quickly at a gladiator with both cestii! Critical Hit! a gladiator ducks into your studded leather cestus, and is sent reeling backward a few feet. Shot catches a gladiator on the nose resulting in a splatter of blood.

[Success: 5, Roll: 76] You bob down and dart forward at a gladiator, spinning both hands upwards in a series of rapid, upward body shots! Critical Hit! a gladiator manages to raise her arm just in time, deflecting the shot aimed at her neck off the shoulder! a gladiator stumbles back with a shattered hand! a gladiator's hand gets nicked by the blow and barely avoids getting broken.

Comment

Working...
                                X