When will I get my trial!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When will I get my trial!

When is my character going to get his trial !? Knarc has been in jail for a while now, and I don't feel like sitting in jail for another RL year - for something that if He could just get a trial would be dropped or maybe someone would be kind enough to buy him as a slave, and give the guy another chance.

Sure, sure.... He has done some dumb things in the past - because the player was a newbi to the game and didn't think about long term goals with him. I didn't plan on even paying for the game, but as time went on, Knarc being my first character EVER on TEC - the first char I ever started. I fell deeply in love with him *sniffles*

He hasn't 'bandited' or any crap like that in months- because I finnaly realized I wanted to be more than a nusiance character with him. So I quited down on THINK and quit running around shoot'n people.

Then, my record starts to clean up, and I get thrown in jail for supposively Killing - Dougulass's guard.
    Dougulass was banned from TEC and whatever report he gave he can't even back it up any more. Muchless could he prove it.

It just sucks, to be working so hard to turn my character arond, trying to join the legio and make something out of him. And be thrown in jail for something so stupid.
    Right when I actually start trying to be better, is when the past came back to bite me in the arse.

Yeah - Knarc shot a guard, or two. And I KNOW for a fact whatever I say on here, will be brought IG like things I have said in the OOC welcome area have already been.

But, for this particular event which I am sitting in jail for, I have witnesses that I was with them, far away from the city and unable to commit the crime that had taken place. And not only that, but there's another archer IG that will willingly admit to doing the deed that my character is now sitting in jail for.

All I can do is ask, and beg... Be kind! Give my first character, and love of the game-- a trial! Give him a chance! Maybe he can turn his life around and become one of the greatest Archer heroes in Iridine.

Basically - my characters story in short.... Yes, I attacked a guard.
    But for the first time in Knarc Denot's life.. his conciance - which I cannot spell - "that little voice in his head" Kicked in and said 'This isn't worth going to jail for! Why would I attack someone like this - And turned himself in to a nice player constable, and told him his wrong doing... then a day later- He was accused of Killing a guard - Now.. Knarc may have knocked one unconsious, But he served his time for that.

I know this thing is long, possibely pointless. But My character is at the mercy of Iridine. It sucks to know, people I've probably shot in the past will be there to root him on, to gett'n his head chopped off! I just am going nutz, with no character to play out of 5 character slots, Knarc is the only one I truly enjoyed.
    Give him a trial! Or let him be free !

I want to personally thank, a certain constable with his great OOC efforts to gett'n rid of my character for good. You have taught me a valuable lesson, which is NEVER ever! Talk about IG information in the OOC welcome area, and believe that someone won't bring it IG. Thank you.

And I welcome anyone who want to talk smack to me , to post back. Because I can already feel it comming.

But in this long message, all I'm asking for is a simple Trial- and as soon as possible. Thanks.

Dude, I was just ingame like 2 weeks ago with Maddox and Knarc was talking to him in thoughts... hasn't been that long.

The Eternal City: Screenshots
    Facebook

Comment

Re: When will I get my trial!

Originally posted by Pyro090
      I want to personally thank, a certain constable with his great OOC efforts to gett'n rid of my character for good. You have taught me a valuable lesson, which is NEVER ever! Talk about IG information in the OOC welcome area, and believe that someone won't bring it IG. Thank you.
      I believe you mean me. If you feel that way, that's pretty sad. OOC will never be taken IG. If I was to at any point use OOC in a trial, I am just about sure the justice in charge would @report me personally, if a GM was unavailable to boot me. Yes you blabbed to me in the WA. No, I am not using any of that information IG.

I'm not going to say more on the matter. If needed, I could put my part of any trial in given two days notice (depending on a couple of days I cannot be there).
      Newpatriot frowns to you, "I don't have any open slots. "
      You ooc to Newpatriot, "Ummmm..."
      You ooc to Newpatriot, "Are they all full?"
      Newpatriot asks you, "I've got a man in all 5. Why do you ask?"

<01:28:30> "That Gay Dude": Dude, I'm not even gay.

Originally posted by Bactrian
      Your signature has been edited to remove a quote from another player. Let's not use signatures to make other players look silly, please (even if you are just quoting their own words).

Comment

Dang... 2weeks really?
        --- 2 weeks in an eternity to a TEC addict that only plays 1 character-- yes I know people have tried to tell me to play more than one - I mean, I do have 5 character slots....
        But the only reason I was paying for a Premium, was for more RP to get Knarc nice things-
        But, since Knarc has been in jail, I have started a new char... about 4 new chars, every 24 hours, for the past 2 weeks.
        None of them can satifiy me

-- As for you Tris.... No response, only a question--
        Why reply - Feeling guilty?

Comment

While it's nice that you want your character to change for the better, you seem to also be trying to ignore his past and the reputation he gained.

Sorry, he may be nice now, but he still will pay for what he did before. It will stick with him forever, and don't expect him to be treated fairly by the people he griefed for most of his existance.

Life is tough isn't it?
          Relevant to most forum threads.

Comment

Originally posted by Pyro090
            -- As for you Tris.... No response, only a question--
            Why reply - Feeling guilty?
            Do I feel guilty having my character prosecute others? Yes. I try to justify it in my own mind that these people ruined other people's RP anyway.

Do I feel guilty about what prosecuting Knarc could bring the character? Yes.

Why do it? Because in an environment such as TEC, the justice system is in place to make consequences of commiting a crime more realistic. Someone needs to do it.

I stated before that I feel guilty every time I prosecute a character and think of what the outcome of the trial may be. Threads like this do not help. Sorry Knarc, I may not like it, but my character does what he does, and will not care about anything said in this forum.

Sorry in advance.

Edit: As for why I replied in the first place. You claimed a constable was OOC. I felt it was necessary to step forward and prove that comment wrong. This thread is useless, and all information on trials and such can be kept IG. Why bring it here?
            Newpatriot frowns to you, "I don't have any open slots. "
            You ooc to Newpatriot, "Ummmm..."
            You ooc to Newpatriot, "Are they all full?"
            Newpatriot asks you, "I've got a man in all 5. Why do you ask?"

<01:28:30> "That Gay Dude": Dude, I'm not even gay.

Originally posted by Bactrian
            Your signature has been edited to remove a quote from another player. Let's not use signatures to make other players look silly, please (even if you are just quoting their own words).

Comment

Originally posted by Blackening
              While it's nice that you want your character to change for the better, you seem to also be trying to ignore his past and the reputation he gained.

Sorry, he may be nice now, but he still will pay for what he did before. It will stick with him forever, and don't expect him to be treated fairly by the people he griefed for most of his existance.

Life is tough isn't it?
              What he said.

As an aside, why must so many people cry OOC when things don't work out the way they want it to? The first thing that runs through my mind when the phrase 'OOC' pops up in one of these posts is 'cop out'.
              "Bacchus, n.: A convenient deity invented by the ancients as an excuse for getting drunk." -- "The Devil's Dictionary" by Ambrose Bierce

Comment

In regards to people being OOC, I was the constable who handled most of this IG. I also don't hang out in the WA, so I had no opportunity to hear you complain about it out there, so if you're attempting to call me OOC, it's not happening.

As for when your trial is? I've tried twice now to get your trial going quickly, but you keep sleeping before I have a chance to pull you out. Bad luck there. Your best course of action is to make it clear when it is a good time for you to have your trial. Post dates and times and the like.

Thanks.

Comment

Pft, he shot more than just one or two guards!

But no one's counting. ..Joke.

I wish you luck with your trial, seeing as how you have two of the best constables IG trying to work things out. I'm sure everything will be done and over with soon.

Comment

I am the only active Justice and I am really not supposed to take foreigner trials. My Justice has had to make sure that no other Justice is going to protest her taking this case.

She's fairly confident about that now, so I am willing to take this trial if you would be willing to cooperate with Stolidus in regards to the timing of the trial.

I am sorry, but my Justice cannot take OOC pleading into account when she makes her decision.
                    "I have always imagined that Paradise will be a kind of library." Jorge Luis Borges

Comment

Stolidus, I will leave Knarc awake all day -- as long as I can from now on - until I get on TEC and until I sleep - RL

I'm seriously waiting for this trial--- So from Now -- 6:22 P.M. Central - I will be on until 3:00 a.m. Central -unless a friend calls and I leave the house- but besides that I'll leave my char awake.

I'll put my char on the WHO list- if that will help.

Comment

Oh and Tris---

Your whoel trial is based on Hear-say ---

IG you say - My char said "I did it" practially

My char never said anything about it- except on THINK and he said things such as "Anyone seen any guards?" In a joking manner because he was being accused of it---

The only time I ever typed in the words saying I may have done it-- was in an OOC chat room.

So whatever witness you have saying I said I did it- was takin from the OOC chat room.

Cop out? --- Call it whatever you want.

Comment

IC IC IC IC IC IC IC IC IC IC IC IC IC IC IC IC IC IC IC IC IC IC IC IC IC IC IC IC IC IC IC IC IC IC IC IC IC IC IC IC IC IC IC IC IC IC IC IC IC IC IC IC IC IC IC IC IC IC IC IC IC IC IC IC IC IC IC IC IC IC IC IC IC IC IC IC IC IC IC IC IC IC IC IC IC IC IC IC IC IC IC IC IC IC IC IC IC IC IC IC IC IC IC IC IC IC IC IC IC IC IC.

*glances around for Carrot Flower*
                          Relevant to most forum threads.

Comment

And Attica--

Yes I do have 2 very good IG constable working to get me a trial

Thank you, Tris and Stolidus - I know your doing a very good job Role-playing and doin' what you can.

If I could just go back in time, I never would have asked to speak to the both of you, if I would have know this would have been the turn out. *valuable lesson* Never ask to speak with Constables to tell your story in hopes they will listen, because ---They won't --- Unless your a valuable respected person in society.

And a Vaulable lesson for all New comers to TEC -- Don't screw around on your char, if you think it's a possiblilty your going to be keeping him -- hehe

Here's my best excuse and explanation to my actions.

NO one will Blood spar an archer.. Who want's to yank arrows out of your flesh after you beat' em to KO?

So, Archers have to "blood spar" without permission which society calls, "Assault" ---

Leavin' the average Archer hated by Iridine and out cast by all.

It's hard to turn around and change your past, Actually I know now it can't be done.

But, You can change your future. If Knarc gets the chance, I'll see how well it can be done.

I don't know where this thread is going, All I know is I'm desperate to have my character back, which is almost impossible because of his past actions. But , I'm going to try my damndest to do it.

Comment

This is not the American Legal System, and even in the American Legal System, you'd be screwed.

First off, this isn't a innocent until proven guilty system. This is an guilty until proven innocent. The Constables have made their burden. Now, you have to prove that you didn't do it.

Granted, it's not as high of a burden as beyond a reasonable doubt. It's more of a ponponderance of the evidence.

Hearsay is admitted (not that it would matter in the American Justice System: Admittance by a party opponent. Read about it). Statements obtained under torture are admitted. The Iridinian Justice System isn't the American Justice System.

The presumption is that you wouldn't be in court unless you committed a crime. You have to prove that you didn't commit a crime. Not the other way around.

In fact, there are no rules of evidence to get in. The Justice can allow in whatever he/she pleases.

Originally posted by Marnevel
                              Dunstvangeet's right
                              Newpatriot (Aux) Snakes on your plane to Storm_queen, "Jesus Christ: Vampire Hunter has a lot t do with lesbians. See, vampires find out that if they wear lesbian skin they can walk around in sunlight. So Jesus teams up with a Mexican wrestler named El Santos to fight lesbian vampires. And it's a musical."

Comment

Working...
                              X