Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IMPORTANT NOTICE: Quicksand

Notice:

Quicksand deaths, considering the complete lack of a body and the impossibility of recovery of a body in order to rush to medical attention, are not a canditate (from this day forward) for the use of luck!

The help file on luck! will be updated to reflect this as well.

Again, just so there is no misunderstanding: Quicksand deaths are permanent.

Brought to you by the 'bearer of bad news'.

Travel safely

Yay, I was the first to read this. I feel so special...

Ok, back to TEC.

The Eternal City: Screenshots
    Facebook

Comment

Okay.

And this was a neccesary change why?
      Originally posted by Mast3rmind
      Celtor and Vladmir combined are like the Legion of Doom. Or maybe the wondertwins, although I'd be worried if Celtor was as furry as Vladmir. *nods sagely*
      Xianna exclaims to you, "And even when unconscious you still attract beautiful women, you lecher!"
      Ravenlark pats you.
      Ravenlark says to you, "I promise not to abuse you in your sleep. Much."

Comment

Perhaps now would be a good time to divulge what one is to do when caught in quicksand to escape a certain death now that trial and error is out of the question.

Ailell Gavriel.

Comment

This is just an assumption on my part, but I'm assuming that it's like the situation of a body being burnt on the pyres.. There's no longer a physical body that can be "resurrected". It goes hand in hand with the new Luck! rules..

I could be totally off base, but it's just what I thinking.

BraeLynne
          "Bacchus, n.: A convenient deity invented by the ancients as an excuse for getting drunk." -- "The Devil's Dictionary" by Ambrose Bierce

Comment

Oh I get it Brae, I just wonder why it's so important that it work like that.
            Originally posted by Mast3rmind
            Celtor and Vladmir combined are like the Legion of Doom. Or maybe the wondertwins, although I'd be worried if Celtor was as furry as Vladmir. *nods sagely*
            Xianna exclaims to you, "And even when unconscious you still attract beautiful women, you lecher!"
            Ravenlark pats you.
            Ravenlark says to you, "I promise not to abuse you in your sleep. Much."

Comment

And to escape quicksand, you need to "swim" in the direction from which you walked into it in the first place..ie, if you walked in from the west, swim east..

BraeLynne
              "Bacchus, n.: A convenient deity invented by the ancients as an excuse for getting drunk." -- "The Devil's Dictionary" by Ambrose Bierce

Comment

Sorry about that Vlad.. I'm having one of those, "Let's just state the obvious" days.

Hey look! It's nighttime..that means the sun already set..

BraeLynne

Comment

Uh, Brae, if you swim in from the west, you would need to turn back around and swim back to the west. Right?

And, uh..hopefully the bugs that prevented swimming out and leaving the area or being pulled out by another person have been fixed..
                  I went to a 7-11 and asked the clerk for five dollars worth of gas. She farted and handed me a receipt.

Originally posted by kamikazehiker
                  Or. . .
                  We can all acknowledge that Jolee is right, get over it, and shut up.

A thief burst into a Florida bank one day wearing a ski mask and carrying a gun. Aiming his gun at the guard, the thief yelled, "FREEZE, MOTHER-STICKERS, THIS IS A ****-UP!"

Unwary: "Jolee rocks!"

"Of course she does, she's related to me. "

-Firetear

Comment

*stretches* Well, I like the change of pace, now I will have to think twice before going swamp hunting...going to be hard to leave those fellas alone though..
                    Last edited by Michaell; 12-07-2001, 10:17 PM.

Comment

This is a change? I thought it had always been this way.
                      I will convert you to pessimism!

Comment

Ok, say you're walking north. You stumble into a patch of quicksand. To get out, you swim south. If you walk in from the east, swim west... etcetera... you have a much better chance to get out that way, compared to just <swim>ing, which causes your character to flounder around and sink deeper.
                        Also, you can be PULLed out of quicksand, but, if the person pulling isn't strong enough, it won't work. Also you risk them falling in themselves.
                        It makes sense to me. If you are sunk and drowned deep below the surface of the ground, you aren't going to be dragged to Fiona's by some random passerby....
                        Personally, I've always thought that when your character dies, (In a luck!able situation) They should simply go into a coma/become catatonic. This status should last 24 hours. If you don't luck! your character within 24 hours, they die. (This also gives people time to drag your character to safety if they witnessed it, etc.) If you use luck!, you are dragged to Fiona/Melilia and nursed back to health.
                        However, if killing blow was used, your character would be dead.. since this would normally only happen in a PvP death. Also, if you wanted to just let your character die before the 24 hours are up, perhaps a command could be used to simply let them die. <release!> or something.
                        This would also save the hassle of some overreactive character screaming, "So and so is dead!" only to have Soandso luck! back and have to explain themselves...
                        Just my two cents.
                        The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing but burn, burn, burn like fabulous roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars..."
                        Jack Kerouac, On the Road

Comment

I've always been thinking about this...
                          I can see the sewers maybe, but the swamps and the portal aren't places people travel regularly. How does a passerby just happen upon your corpse/comatos body and bring you to Fiona/Melilia in these remote places in the Republic?

Ciciro

Comment

Um... luck?
                            The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing but burn, burn, burn like fabulous roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars..."
                            Jack Kerouac, On the Road

Comment

quicksand

Long ago and far away, it used to be that when you travelled the swamp, it was wise to carry a sapling. when you pushed the sapling, you tested for quicksand. Then you could avoid the stuff.
                              Shade

Never attribute exact words like frankness to a species which might not value it.
                              --Hilfy Chanur

Comment

Working...
                              X