• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Special PKed Character Package Thing

To: a-man-in-a-daisy-mask-covered-with-long-white-petals
    When: 1:26 pm, Sunday, May 11, 2008
    Subject: Free Character Package Receipt
    ---
    You have been issued veteran package: 2.

You have been given this package because:

This package has been awarded to you due to Enaeus being PKed in the past.
    The package you were awarded was based on the age of the character.

You may create this character by selecting @play, spend rolepoints (S), create
    a veteran character (V). Further details on the specifics of the package can
    be found in the help files under ?veteran character packages

__________________________________________________ _______________

Now this IS a nice gesture and one that likely will be appreciated a lot more than an extra character slot. Though I can't exactly make the character yet, since I guess it's not a finished feature, I'm pretty excited.

Thank you GMs. Kind of sincerely, too.
    "I would have written of me on my stone: I had a lover's quarrel with the world," Robert Frost

Originally posted by Livak View Post
    Now this IS a nice gesture and one that likely will be appreciated a lot more than an extra character slot. Though I can't exactly make the character yet, since I guess it's not a finished feature, I'm pretty excited.

Thank you GMs. Kind of sincerely, too.
    stop being sarcastic.
    Originally posted by Pkticketsarefun
    LIFES A BITCH THEN YOU GET PK'd!!!!!
    Originally posted by Max Powers
    Once again, as the ole TEC adage goes: When you cannot outsmart a person, complain louder.

Comment

But I'm not.

Really I'm not. I think it's a great thing.
      "I would have written of me on my stone: I had a lover's quarrel with the world," Robert Frost

Comment

Awesome stuff.

Comment

That's a great feature.
          A woman in a shiny boison helmet with an absurdly tall dome says to a ram in Cineran, "Oh yes, hit me now, you bad bad bad sheep."
          A woman in a shiny boison helmet with an absurdly tall dome is stunned.
          A ram bumps roughly into a woman in a shiny boison helmet with an absurdly tall dome with its head!.

“Everybody in this country should learn how to program a computer... because it teaches you how to think.” - Steve Jobs

Comment

Almost makes me want to renew my account to see if I got one too.

Maybe a bit later I will.

Comment

Originally posted by Screech View Post
              Almost makes me want to renew my account to see if I got one too.

Maybe a bit later I will.
              Suggestion: Have the message e-mailed to account-holder addresses to potentially tease them back.
              Relevant to most forum threads.

Comment

I got a level 3.

I am altogether pleased with this. I hope it is implemented quicklike. I have been looking forward to veteran packages for a long long while, so finding out that I got 3k RPs toward one for free is pretty damn awesome.

Originally posted by VinianQuartz
                HAIL CULEXUS

Comment

Got a level 4 after all. It comes with a makeover.

Can't wait for them to activate it.

Comment

I didn't get anything, but then again, my character was PKed back before the kill tickets. Oh well, hopefully they'll grandfather it. If not, was years ago, so it's not going to kill me.

Comment

My old main character was trying to climb down a hill and instead rolled down to his death.. there was nothing the GM's could do at the time apparently. does this count too?
                      Originally posted by MrSelfDestruct
                      I thought it was just a rumor that it was all number-crunching and competitive training in a game with no logical endpoint since characters are ostensibly immortal and can always get better.

You mean it's true?
                      Originally posted by Phwoar
                      Maybe I'm just becoming some tea-sipping hippy, or maybe I'm sour because my main uses cesti, but, why sacrifice a character idea for the sake of some hypothetical edge in some imagined combat situation in the distant future?
                      Originally posted by Elowynn
                      Rupert is like the Snowden champion of TEC.

Comment

You could always luck back from climbing fails. So no.

Comment

Actually, I would have lucked back had I could.. back then I don't believe you were allowed to luck back for reasons like that, I don't think you could do it from quicksand either..
                          Originally posted by MrSelfDestruct
                          I thought it was just a rumor that it was all number-crunching and competitive training in a game with no logical endpoint since characters are ostensibly immortal and can always get better.

You mean it's true?
                          Originally posted by Phwoar
                          Maybe I'm just becoming some tea-sipping hippy, or maybe I'm sour because my main uses cesti, but, why sacrifice a character idea for the sake of some hypothetical edge in some imagined combat situation in the distant future?
                          Originally posted by Elowynn
                          Rupert is like the Snowden champion of TEC.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddy View Post
                            You could always luck back from climbing fails. So no.
                            Not if the last character to attack you was a PC.

Comment

Originally posted by cbaker View Post
                              I didn't get anything, but then again, my character was PKed back before the kill tickets. Oh well, hopefully they'll grandfather it. If not, was years ago, so it's not going to kill me.
                              Do we know if there is a plan to grandfather it? I would probably come back if so
                              [Difficulty: 45 , Roll: 100]
                              In an impressive show of strength, you wrench away your iron cestus from a man in a hooded cloak and send his razor-sharp iron scylesca with an engraved handle flying!
                              You are no longer busy.

You take a razor-sharp iron scylesca with an engraved handle.
                              You put a razor-sharp iron scylesca with an engraved handle in a black doeskin large sack.

Comment

Working...
                              X