No announcement yet.

GM and SG Kudos

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kudos to quad for the fun Event tonight....silly sharks, that's our arrest!
    You purr to RaJean, "Didn't you get the memo? Abnormal is the new normal."

Comment

• Kudos to Pranzor! Fool me 3 times is not going to happen! I won't let you down!
      TRproclaim power!

Originally posted by Armataan
      Did I just get told Synodia was a better RPed character than Culexus?
      Originally posted by Bucaria
      The player of Synodia should be made a GM, he seems to have no favorites and hates everyone equally.

Comment

• Kudos to the GM crew for yesterday. They were very generous with the freebies.

Comment

• I've noticed quite a bit more SG observation and involvement since I started playing again. Awesome job guys. You make this game fun for me again.

Comment

• Thanks for that bit of fun, whoever you are!

Comment

• Yep the woman who cried wolf was good fun. Kudos.
              Last edited by Dalos87; 02-14-2015, 03:54 AM.

Comment

• Tale, your additions to this gameworld have been AWESOME. Where you at boss?

Comment

• On that note, a request for the already awesome outdoors revamp...

A general reduction in CD w/ ranks
                  A fishing pole craft skill w/ similar mechanics to the weapon craft skills
                  A bonus to the amount of berries you collect w/ ranks

Comment

• After being gone so long and being back, albeit quietly, for the last couple of months, I just want to say good job! There have been some amazing changes to the gameworld and the current GM staff appears to be more responsive and helpful than I ever remember.

Comment

• To Tale for fixing issues that were so old I forgot I even @reported them. Keep up the good work!

Comment

• Originally posted by lykatos View Post
                        To Tale for fixing issues that were so old I forgot I even @reported them. Keep up the good work!
                        I'll paint the scene for you.

Rushed to get ready in a sleepy haze, having slept poorly. Coffee sits in a thermos, but is as yet untasted because there are no clean to-go cups, and no time to wash one. Arriving at work two hours before work shift starts because carpooling, the office chair is too uncomfortable to sleep in, so log into work computer and open TEC. Things are moving at a sedate pace, because it is well before peak play time. Not enough people to pester with spawns or random happenings. What to do.

So he opens the folder of bug reports, and selects a category at random, his eyes so blurry, he doesn't even bother reading them before clicking one. Balance Bugs, it turns out. Open the first report. Archery. Ugh. Combat. What seems to be the problem? Apparently you can handshot someone wearing a cestus and the cestus ends up on the ground. Wait...that's not right. Oh, yeah. Of course not. That's why it's a bug. Open up a notepad editor. Lets see, handshot...handshot...Can't remember the object code name for that. Fern knows it though. Call up her skill list. There it is. Open it up to see the code....where the hell does it handle disarming? Probably a parent object, lets check parents. "ranged disarm handler" Bingo. Open that up, copy it to the notepad editer.

How the hell does this even work? What does that do? This is stupid. *drinks some coffee and lay head on desk for a moment* Ugh. Ok, let's see...it does....this. Well that's dumb. It shouldn't do that. It should do....wait, how do other weapon disarms work with cestii? Damnit, who teaches spears, that has a weaponstrike thing maybe. That one guy. Crap, can't remember his name. Do a "trainer with skill X" search. Found him. Open his skills, find weaponstrike...there it is. Open that up. Nope...oh yeah, a parent. There it is. Open that, copy to notepad. Cestus...cestii...where the hell...AH! "Gloved weapons" go figure.

Alright, it's supposed to do.....this. Copy that bit. Where can it be stuffed into handshot? Tab over. Let's see...ok, I can split it there. If "gloved weapon" do Y, and if not, go ahead and do X like always. Cool, that should work. But...I should test that. Ugh, I'll have to learn bows and find something that wears a cestus. *drinks coffee and lays head on desk*

Boss logs in. Hey boss. Greetings happen. Hey...hop on the test server for a minute so I can shoot you? *logs into test server* Need you to wear a cestus and stand there so I can shoot you. *pastes in the edited code to replace the mechanics on the test server* Handshot boss. Must know point blank and some other skill to blah blah. Crap. Back to fern. Gimme those skills. Ok, try again. Need arrows. #$!^&*$^T&*@#$#^)#$^&. generate a bow string. And arrows. Thinking ahead now. *drinks some more coffee* Handshot boss. No cestus dropping. Cool, wield a normal weapon now? Handshot boss. Crap. Reload bow. Handshot boss. Success. Backup original code and paste in new code into the live server. jot down the resolved bug in a notepad to announce later. Close out bug ticket.

Next bug. Ok, what do we have here....archery. FML. Apparently you can still fire a bow while the weapon is trapped. Son of a....there is not enough coffee in this thermos. Why don't they sell thermoses that can hold TWO pots of damn coffee..

This is my morning. Repeat that about 12 times and throw in a few "That was fixed like 2 years ago"s, some "what fresh hell is this? why in Ereal's name would anyone code something that way? SENSE, it makes NONE", and "I'm pretty sure that's not even a thing anymore. close the ticket, say as much, and have them re-report with new information if necessary"s and you'll have this morning in particular.
                        Game Master Tale
                        Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad. Creativity is putting tomatoes in a fruit salad to make mango salsa. Philosophy is wondering if that means ketchup is actually a smoothie. Common Sense is knowing that no, ketchup is not a smoothie.

Comment

• Would make an awesome video! I'm sure the ones where someone claims there is an issue, but the problem can't be found/duplicated are even more exciting treks.

Comment

• Originally posted by lykatos View Post
                            Would make an awesome video! I'm sure the ones where someone claims there is an issue, but the problem can't be found/duplicated are even more exciting treks.
                            Man rides half asleep to work.
                            Man lays on desk.
                            Some text scrolls on a screen.
                            The sounds of coffee being slurped from a large thermos.
                            More text.
                            Man lays back down.
                            For a moment, he sits up and looks excited.
                            Text scrolls, slides from one window to the next.
                            His head rests in his hands.
                            Muttered cursing.
                            The scene fades out on an empty thermos.

Yep, we're a special breed to think that's an awesome movie.

Comment

• Kudos to Tale for all the recent changes. All marked improvements. Is it me or is your coding improving? You haven't broken the game in a while

Comment

• Originally posted by ToothlessRebel View Post
                                Man rides half asleep to work.
                                Man lays on desk.
                                Some text scrolls on a screen.
                                The sounds of coffee being slurped from a large thermos.
                                More text.
                                Man lays back down.
                                For a moment, he sits up and looks excited.
                                Text scrolls, slides from one window to the next.
                                His head rests in his hands.
                                Muttered cursing.
                                The scene fades out on an empty thermos.

Yep, we're a special breed to think that's an awesome movie.

Some heart-breaking violin music, slow fade-out jumpcuts, make it black and white, put "Fin" instead of 'The End" at the end, and we got ourselves an Indie film. We should see if Kevin Smith will direct.
                                Game Master Tale
                                Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad. Creativity is putting tomatoes in a fruit salad to make mango salsa. Philosophy is wondering if that means ketchup is actually a smoothie. Common Sense is knowing that no, ketchup is not a smoothie.

Comment

Working...
                                X