No announcement yet.

GM and SG Kudos

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The last few nights have been so great. The Fran fun was especially good because people of all skill levels got to participate. I love not knowing what's going to happen. Thank you thank you.

Comment

• Praznor! What a guy!

Not only did he start some beef over thoughts, but he WAITED the entire time it took for us to catch the ship to Franlius. When we finally got up there we had such a blast!

I streamed the experience and you can find the link over at the Logs and Streams thread. I hope he goes back and watches it as well.

PCP

Comment

• Originally posted by PhilippeCP View Post
        Praznor! What a guy!

Not only did he start some beef over thoughts, but he WAITED the entire time it took for us to catch the ship to Franlius. When we finally got up there we had such a blast!

I streamed the experience and you can find the link over at the Logs and Streams thread. I hope he goes back and watches it as well.

PCP
        Woohoo, got butt kicked the whole time but was indeed fun kudos indeed!!
        blank kills you with blank's bare hands.
        You are slain.

Comment

• I Just want to say, having him twinge for the next two days to try and train anything was still well worth the time today. Today was the most fun I have had in game in quite some time. I know others were around when we used to have 200 plus online back in the day and there was all the time something going on somewhere that you could jump into. With the smaller player base I know it is harder but there are people that try to get things going.
          blank kills you with blank's bare hands.
          You are slain.

Comment

• Kudos to Sceadu for that fast account related response. If you see this thanks again!

Comment

• Originally posted by z_isom86
              Negative Kudos for the GM staff. There have been three characters stuck in the sewers in the steps for THREE DAYS with no action taken to fix the situation. Great job team!
              The statement above is quite inaccurate. The problem was addressed and the deliberate mechanics at play in that situation were encountered again by the players involved. Characters are at risk for in-game actions and we do not make it a point to assist in-character situations that can be resolved without staff assistance. In this case, we did provide help, but that was a special circumstance and does not indicate a trend in future occurrences where a bug or glitch is not involved.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pranzor View Post

The statement above is quite inaccurate. The problem was addressed and the deliberate mechanics at play in that situation were encountered again by the players involved. Characters are at risk for in-game actions and we do not make it a point to assist in-character situations that can be resolved without staff assistance. In this case, we did provide help, but that was a special circumstance and does not indicate a trend in future occurrences where a bug or glitch is not involved.
                I believe in this case the situation would have resolved itself with enough time. That may in fact be what happened, I might never know. This is an iffy question, I realize, but was the existing time limitation to this situation a factor in this decision? I mean was that fact that this particular room would eventually have exits the reason this was not considered a bug? I am OK with the the fact that there may be flat-out trap rooms, makes it exciting to me. I disagree with the original poster, there was a response the first night and it was known by at least one of the characters that their actions may have resulted in the same result. That was fine, and completely the fault of the characters. They made this choice based on the player's knowledge of second "exit" (which lead to the same place before but may have changed due to this scenario). One character did try to prevent another from making the same mistake a second time.

Also, it is my understanding the third character was not affected when the "problem was addressed" and that particular character did not encounter the deliberate mechanics a second time. This would understandably increase their frustration with the situation. The fact that the characters were given a second chance and repeated their mistake in a slightly different way I think was conveyed to this unaffected character. They perhaps should have known that some response did happen.

I realize that it may be difficult to address this particular type of issue. You cannot tell a player they are wrong if it would give away something they are missing but could resolve the problem. In this case, as I stated, I believe just time would have fixed the issue. A statement of "this was intentional, planned for, or has a resolution" would have been acceptable. I believe that the fact that the communication from the staff to the players involved was either limited or did not exist is the biggest problem. There was no response to direct communications (proclaim) and the @report system one of the least transparent systems for players. As of right now, it is likely unknown if any reports filed in this event were addressed at all from our perspective. Being silent simply gives the players a feeling of being ignored or under served.

I hate that I felt I had to chime in here. Personally I have nothing but praise for the staff and even if sometimes things take longer than I would like I feel like my requests and reports are eventually responded to and handled at or above expectations. In this particular case though I do see how a feeling of abandonment could occur. I can also see how this would lead to someone thinking that the GMs are simply not around, and for a period of this long that's significant. I know that things can be addressed when staff come online, and that it may not be when these characters were also online. Some sort of message (even OOC like @mail) could have been delivered though, so that this person didn't have to end up feeling as they do.

I don't expect a response to this. In the end three people didn't find the immediate resolution that was available to them. Either the most oblivious three people ended up here, or the resolution is more well hidden than you thought. I don't expect a response because there's no way I could know all the sides of this situation nor do I really want to.

Comment

• Huge Kudos to Pranzor for an error we encountered in RV.

Fast response on a limited timeframe. I'm very excited to see what comes of it!
                  Luck! - You can't do that while you are stunned.

combat <me>
                  If you have any doubts as to your own fighting ability, try the 'skills' command.

Comment

• How I feel about all the heretic spawns and masked hordes and hundreds of bandits with bears:

http://www.oceansofosyrus.com/upload...f1916e2eca.jpg

Comment

• Or it's Pranzors way of saying "Happy Halloween week!"

Comment

• Kudos to Cyradis for helping me work through something with a new faceplate!

Comment

• Kudos to Pranzor for a quick fix on a simple bug today. Thanks!
                          Luck! - You can't do that while you are stunned.

combat <me>
                          If you have any doubts as to your own fighting ability, try the 'skills' command.

Comment

• Kudos to Pranzor for addressing my (very numerous) typo reports - and for taking the time to respond that they're fixed.
                            Last edited by GinaDana; 12-27-2016, 10:28 PM. Reason: A typo in my forum note about correcting typos. Lame sauce, Gina.

Comment

• Very cool "reed weaving" event! Thanks to the GM/SG (Cilaeno?) for staying late to get it all done. People were so creative, and I haven't seen that many folks together in a long time. Hope to see more!

Comment

• I got coma'd during the last server maintenance.

Sceadu was great. He got Maliken back up and running in no time.
                                Meant a lot to me.

Thanks dawg,
                                Philippe

Comment

Working...
                                X