No announcement yet.

GM and SG Kudos

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When you make a new wilderness location, it's just "some plains" with no plants. Trying to figure out how to make background plants grow and 'seed' the area with it's own mix of foliage, canopy, etc has proven problematic for a long time. Undergrowth and canopy dictates things like hiding, and some foraging skills. And can classify areas as a forest, or a swamp, etc, which effect yet more skills.

So being able to fill in little gaps in wilderness areas (if you've ever come across an area where there seems to be a square missing for no reason, you'll understand what I mean) has been a giant pain. All because of 'plants'. Yes, the reason they're complicated is because of the half-work done to Herbalism all those years ago, but that isn't why I was referencing them.
    Game Master Tale
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad. Creativity is putting tomatoes in a fruit salad to make mango salsa. Philosophy is wondering if that means ketchup is actually a smoothie. Common Sense is knowing that no, ketchup is not a smoothie.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tale View Post
      When you make a new wilderness location, it's just "some plains" with no plants. Trying to figure out how to make background plants grow and 'seed' the area with it's own mix of foliage, canopy, etc has proven problematic for a long time. Undergrowth and canopy dictates things like hiding, and some foraging skills. And can classify areas as a forest, or a swamp, etc, which effect yet more skills.

So being able to fill in little gaps in wilderness areas (if you've ever come across an area where there seems to be a square missing for no reason, you'll understand what I mean) has been a giant pain. All because of 'plants'. Yes, the reason they're complicated is because of the half-work done to Herbalism all those years ago, but that isn't why I was referencing them.
      Yay and boo and yay!

This behind-the-scenes info is fascinating - I had no idea how much work went into something that seems so simple. If you're able to, I would love to see a thread where you post more of this type of info (without giving away secrets, of course).

Comment

• Kudos to Pranzor for the rapid fixing of a minor bug involving giving stuff to npcs from a crowd.

Comment

• Kudos to Pranzor for getting back to me on the 9lb pie at the Toga Inn and to unknown about fixing the job issue in Apula's where I was only getting 19d coffer jobs. I also got a good chuckle when I swore at Apula and (I'm assuming a GM was watching) she threatened to kick me out then proceeded to give me several coffer jobs and within seconds of completing the last one one.

Comment

• Kudos to Tale and whoever else worked on adjusting mob spawn to # of PC characters in a hunting area, discussing in the forums in a productive manner, hunting down the code roadblocks, testing it, etc.

Kudos to Wyrhtan for the new Orchil client.

Gonna subscribe just this month, cos I appreciate the work put into this game to keep it maintained with evolving needs. This stuff felt like work for TEC's future. Thanks.

Comment

• Scolve for the VCC changes <3

Comment

• Originally posted by Ssjflint View Post
                Scolve for the VCC changes <3
                You're dead already? what'd you hang yourself in the bowels of the ship?

Comment

• Massive kudos for the effort going into the Reaping.

Kudos for Scolve for the VCC store updates!

Subbed this month for this staff effort and to participate in the chop game. Looking forward to great things.

Comment

• Thanks for everything the GMs and SGs are doing for the Reaping as well as the additions to the VC store. <3 <3 <3
                    Originally posted by Felisin
                    Too many carebears in this game
                    Originally posted by Felisin
                    This game is less about RP and more about epeen and griefing.
                    On the Introduction of Magic into TEC:
                    Originally posted by Sandestin
                    Seriously, as much as Araminta would love to throw fireballs at Rubico, you know that's not gonna happen.

Comment

• Couldn't agree more. This has been the most fun I've had playing TEC since probably 2012. A huge thank you to all the staff who have made it that way!

Comment

• As someone who just returned randomly to such an awesome event I wanted to say thanks to the entire staff for putting together this event (The Culling/Reaping) and the other ones I've been able to attend since I've been back.

Tale has told us that a big part of the event and it's success goes to Cyradis. Thank you very much for your time and work on such an awesome project!
                        TEC Discord Link!

VOTE FOR TEC!

Originally posted by Dyro
                        "Good RP is consistency."

Originally posted by Cloudy
                        "Shiloboy wins.
                        Fatality.
                        Keep up the good work."

Comment

• thank you to the GMs for this awesome culling event and all the hard work that goes into it, and thank you for Tale for taking suggestions and acting on them IMMEDIATELY in the vet character store, for the first time in years I am exhausted at work because I stayed up way too late playing TEC.

Comment

• Kudos to the GM's for this culling event. Specifically Cyradis - I bugged her to death for half of it.

Comment

• Big props to all the GMs for the Culling event, especially Cyradis making it a memorable and substantial way to end an old character's story. Kudos to Tale for helping out in the VC lounge and to all those fulfilling our @requests. You guys rock, thank you!
                              The position being taken is not to be mistaken for attempted education or righteous accusation- Only a description, just an observation of the pitiful condition of our degeneration.

Oh doom and gloom, oh doom and gloom, the GMs are fools and do not realize what a position they have put us in. They could not possibly have thought of all of this already, for they are but tiny brained fools.
                              Keep on keepin' on, can ya dig it?

Comment

• Originally posted by FIREMAGE View Post
                                Kudos to the GM's for this culling event. Specifically Cyradis - I bugged her to death for half of it.
                                Cyradis is a her? *noted*

Comment

Working...
                                X