Announcement

Collapse

Downtimes: June 24 - July 2nd

We've got another batch of shutdowns coming in late June and early July, so that the machines can be repaired for the newest bug, the ZombieLoad CPU bug.

In general, the Genesis games (Grendel, TEC, TEC-Test) all have reboots scheduled for the absolute middle of the night, so I'll be taking each down the previous evening at midnight and bringing them back up the next morning at 9am.

The SkotOS games have always been more robust about reboots, so we'll let them reboot on their own, though there's some chance for an ~2 hour data loss. In any case, I'll be checking them after the 2-hour window when I can, though Marrach has a middle-of-the-night reboot, so that'll be the next morning.

The UserDB and Web reboots will cause some downtime for the entire site, but again they will hopefully come up cleanly.

GENESIS:

- Shutdown Grendel (late Sunday 6/23)

- Startup Grendel (early Monday 6/24)

- Shutdown TEC (late Monday 6/24)

- Startup TEC (early Tuesday 6/25)

- Check TEC Client (9pm Tuesday 6/25)

- Shutdown TEC-Test (late Thursday 6/27)

- Startup TEC-Test (Friday 6/28)

SKOTOS:

- Marrach (Monday early morning 6/24)

- Ironclaw (Monday 10pm-midnight 6/24)

- Lovecraft, Lazarus (Monday 8pm-10pm 7/2)

MAIN SITE:

- UserDB (Monday 10pm-midnight 6/24)

- Web (Sunday 9pm-11pm 6/30)
See more
See less

GM and SG Kudos

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kudos to Scolve for responding quickly and creatively to a Legion outing in Franlius. Thank you!

Thanks to the GM who spawned vomit yesterday. Har har.

Another thanks to Scolve for playing with spawn and opponents lately. I can't wait to see the tweaks.

Comment

• Kudos to whoever's playing these un'bear'able bandits. It's really made a mark on me. It's the kind of RP you can really sink your teeth into.

Comment

• Kudos to Scolve for funny little extras throughout the event. This was the best:

Some putrid flatulence escapes from the corpse of a Cineran axeman as it is
        disturbed.

Comment

• Originally posted by TsunamiJack View Post
          Kudos to Scolve for funny little extras throughout the event. This was the best:

Some putrid flatulence escapes from the corpse of a Cineran axeman as it is
          disturbed.
          That one was Analog, actually. I was just providing an assist in managing bandit and cineran spawns while Analog concentrated on the interactive bits.
          GM Scolve

Comment

• Shout out to the GMs for this last few story archs with all the Cinerans and what-not. Appreciated the assistance on a few things when my character was dealing with trauma IG earlier in the week. And kudos to Cyradis, she makes the game fun during the day.

Comment

• Kudos to those who helped with the bear earlier in the forums. I fun lil bit of RP.

Comment

• Kudos to the GM/SGs working together to involve the whole gameworld in events. I like that some are feeling actually dangerous - more of things that feel high stakes and dangerous, please!

Kudos to the GMs who fixed some warrants yesterday, and kudos to the players who experimented with a li'l something different at last night's event.

Comment

• Since lately people are grumpy thanks gms, for everything except shooting me in the head
                  "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

Comment

• I also want to thank GMs for joining the Discord and being part of the convo. It's nice to have a place where we can joke around and talk about in-game stuff as well.

Comment

• Giant kudos to whomever gm bombed the Tm last night with bandits
                      "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

Comment

• Kudos to Scolve.
                        Thanks for making everyone vomit at the wedding. I laughed and laughed.
                        There is no point in arguing with an idiot. They will just drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience.

Did you vote today?

I can't spell. Don't you RP with me!

Comment

• almost everyone.

Comment

• Kudos to the spiders! Super-fun, thanks for giving me a stage to play on!

Comment

• Kudos to Scolve for trying to eat everyone a few times today.

Comment

• Even if there were a little bit of wonkisms, kudos to Scolve for accompanying the shopping center mechanics (Belhrad, etc.) changes with a very expansive story-arc. Same for the aralexes.

Things were role played out, had events, tried to involve tons of different types of characters, etc., when Scolve coulda just as easily focused on only mechanic tweaks, and rolled 'em out without much further ado. Kudos for the extra effort, and for making characters that people cared about.

Comment

Working...
                                X