Announcement

Collapse
1 of 5 < >

Forums Reversion

The cloud server that hosts the main Skotos web site and the forums experienced a hardware failure on Saturday morning that unfortunately led to severe database corruption. Several attempts to restore it failed.

This led us to our backups, but the timing was a bit unfortunate. Since the failure occurred on a weekend morning, we didn't see it until after a new backup occurred, which contained the corrupted data, and which removed our previous daily backup. This forced us to our weekly backup, which was unfortunately at the end of its time: six days old.

So, the forums are back, but we had a six-day reversion.

This should not have affects on the rest of the site, since the majority of our data is saved in our main-user-database or our games, all on remote machines.
2 of 5 < >

Forums REversion

The cloud server that hosts the main Skotos web site and the forums experienced a hardware failure on Saturday morning that unfortunately led to severe database corruption. Several attempts to restore it failed.

This led us to our backups, but the timing was a bit unfortunate. Since the failure occurred on a weekend morning, we didn't see it until after a new backup occurred, which contained the corrupted data, and which removed our previous daily backup. This forced us to our weekly backup, which was unfortunately at the end of its time: six days old.

This should not have affects on the rest of the site, since the majority of our data is saved in our main-user-database or our games, all on remote machines.
3 of 5 < >

Forums REversion

4 of 5 < >

Forums REversion

5 of 5 < >

Forums REversion

See more
See less

GM and SG Kudos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kudos to Senses for the new loot command option. Things like this that improve tedious things in the game are much needed. Thank you.

Comment

• Sweet event earlier! Awesome stuff

Comment

• Kudos to whomever spawned us some super bandits during muster made it fun, plus stola’s.
        "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

Comment

• kudos to whomever has been playing Quail, Kered adores her.

Comment

• Thank you Tale, Panzor, Senses and whomever else for all the minor fixes!

Comment

• Senses Thank you for a perfect choice of fixes.
              Bring it on you lovers of flame it turns my crank.

Slave to RP.

We believe in euthanasia here in TEC. We'll kill you any time, just ask.-Tale

Comment

• Thank you to the staff for activity in Franlius lately. Making PC actions out there feel meaningful and alive. Kudos!

Comment

• Kudos to Analog for all the mini hints from red hand , appreciate the love

Comment

• Kudo's to Analog for tonights even, the trio of festvi's where outstanding, plus who doesn't love tons of bandits

Comment

• Kudos to Analog for their story arc of events that climaxed tonight with the Talent Show. Good job getting so many involved through out the entirety of the arc.

Comment

• Very grateful for all the Gamemasters involved in making cyber Monday happen. I was constantly checking in from work for new sales every hour and it gave me something to look forward to. I took advantage of multiple sales myself, danke. Also, to the SGs who keep the game world feeling alive for me when I can attend. I thoroughly enjoy going to these events and feeling like part of a story. Happy holidays.
                        war eagle

Comment

• cyber monday? Were these sharonpa boxes on sale?

Comment

• Naw. They were OOC sales like bundled GSP, Increased storypoint conversions, half off stats, in game auction? The highlight of the auction was some rustic ship that had been missing from Tuchea years ago, it sold fairly cheap. I think there were like two or three domus, too.
                            war eagle

Comment

• Kudos to Tale for helping me last night with some DISKY issues. That was fun

Comment

• Originally posted by ChomperSauer View Post
                                Naw. They were OOC sales like bundled GSP, Increased storypoint conversions, half off stats, in game auction? The highlight of the auction was some rustic ship that had been missing from Tuchea years ago, it sold fairly cheap. I think there were like two or three domus, too.
                                Funny, if a joke. Dang it, if not.

Comment

Working...
                                X