X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guilds & Organizations of the Republic

The Legions:
    The Iridine Republic has two well-blooded veteran legions, Legio I and Legio II. As with any force of any size, neither legion is allowed to camp within the city or too close to its walls. Legio I occupies the Vetallun Fort about a mile and a half from the city proper, and Legio II occupies its own camp about a mile out from the city.

Blackvine Militia:
    This group holds it as their responsibility to guard and help rebuild Blackvine, a small coastal town north of Vetallun. They are affiliated with Legio I, but have their own training and leadership.

The Iridine Constables:

The constables of Iridine, together with the elite Phoenix Guard soldiers, keep the peace in the city proper, and theirs is not the easiest of tasks.
    Both are trained in proficient use of weapons and people-handling, and both have strict requirements for those who wish to join their ranks. The constables are in the City of Iridine’s employ to help assure the safety of the streets. They lead investigations, make arrests, and help those that have been victimized. They hold regular recruitments, so, if you are interested ask around for when the next recruitment is.

Divortium Auxilii:

The Auxilii hold it as their duty to welcome newcomers to the City of Iridine. They aid newcomers in the ways of Iridine, give them information on where to begin their new life, and often offer useful gifts. If you’d like to join their ranks and welcome newcomers to Iridine, ask any Auxilii member when the next recruitment will be.

Guild of Locksmiths:

The GoL is a fellowship of locksmiths in the City of Iridine. If you aspire to be a locksmith and would like the benefits of a society of locksmiths this is the guild for you. You can ussually find many of their members within Apula's lock shop located north of the Bronze lane marker.

Healers of Light:
    The Healers of Light are a professional guild for healers. They offer training and supplies to new and experienced healers alike in an effort to assure that as many healers as possible are responsibly trained.

Monlon Volunteer Guard:
    The mission of the Monlon Volunteer Guard is to assist the Iridine legions in guarding Monlon, the holy city of the Republic. If you feel the call to guard this seat of Ereal, contact Malezzerai for more information on recruitment.

The Harbor Rats:
    Do your hands twitch every time you see a pouch unguarded? Do you find it impossible to refrain from perusing other’s belongings and ‘transferring’ the ownership of certain items? If this sounds interesting and you’d like the opportunity to join a larger group that looks after its own, offers a place to sell one’s acquisitions, and a safe haven when things heat up, perhaps The Harbor Rats are for you. They are one of many of Iridine’s competing crime
    organizations, with turf in the city’s Harbor District.

Umbra Alati:
    The southern quarter of the steps is home to a garish array of acrobats, actors, and prostitutes and marked by the characteristic Alati black circle with a silver or gray A at the center. During the day, the streets are alive with the riotous colors of these professions, a sharp contrast to the squalor of the streets themselves. Being close to the neutral zone, and offering a number of desirable services, the Alati welcome outsiders to the fringes of their turf. Off of Forum Mico, east of Forum Axonus, the visitor can find entertainment of all kinds, for a price. The forum itself has a public platform that performers can rent for a small fee. Indeed, Forum Mico is awash in the sounds of revelry both day and night. But, keep a tight hold on your pouches, lest some nimble fingered waif lightens your load for you.

There are darker rumors about the Umbra Alati, and, indeed, those that wander beyond Forum Mico talk of the Umbravis, enforcers of Alati territory, quietly but firmly directing them back to the fringes of Alati turf. Stories abound of hooded figures accosting those foolish enough to delve deeper into the Alati turf; and some speak of these hooded figures nimbly springing up the sides of buildings, and disappearing into the shadows. What is truth and what is the over active imaginations of victims of an alley mugging, who can say?

Black Centurions:
    Just north/northeast of the Steps portcullis is the territory of a gang known as the Black Centurions. The edges of the territory are very strictly controlled, patrolled regularly by teams of gang members who observe all coming and going with alert gazes.

The Black Centurions use the symbol of a centurion's crested helmet in profile in black on a red circle. It has been observed that most gang members will wear some sort of strip of black cloth knotted about the left wrist for identification among themselves. One would think this an easy method to copy, and thus infiltrate the gang, but real gang members have been unerring in ferreting out impostors and teaching them the error of their ways. This leads one to the conclusion that there must be some other means of identification from one gang member to another. What that is, remains unknown. This gang carries themselves with a certain martial formality, their movements marked with the grace of skilled warriors. They walk boldly in their territory, alert and poised for action. The great bank in the center of the Centurions' forum is rumored to gladly give loans to qualified individuals for almost any reason whatsoever, but there are whispers of a higher price extracted should any individual fail to repay them on time.

The Black Centurions also run a bustling market with many and varied goods for sale, goods both domestic and foreign, and if the buyer refrains from asking too many questions, he or she may be allowed to see a good deal more than what is currently on display.

Despite the rumors of their activities, the Black Centurions display an odd respect for their fellow Step denizens, as long as they do not interfere with or antagonize them. Black Centurions have been known to protect denizens from their territory when riots sweep the area, sealing off the streets with barricades and manning them much like a legion against rioters and looters. With such disparate activities, one can only guess which to be rumor and which truth.

Vestis Formatae
    The Vestis Formatae was formed many decades ago by a premiere tailor at the time, Anigel. Since the inception of the Vestis Formatae there have been many trials and tribulations, but for good times and bad the Vestis has progressed to become the most famous tailoring group in the Republic of Iridine. Tailors come and they go, but the Vestis Formatae remains the shining beacon of light for all clothing needs. Whether the client is a wealthy patrician or a refugee needing donations, the Vestis tailors take it upon themselves to turn out the highest quality garments possible. Those of more militant skill often seek to join the group of guards employeed by the Vestis Formatae. Those guards not only protect the tailors of the guild, but also offer their services to other reputable guilds as needed.

From the dawn of time when fig-leaves might be all a person wore to the present turn of fashionable silks and suedes, a tailor must constantly be learning more to adapt to the changes. The Vestis Formatae offers the strongest training program for their tailors to ensure they are the best they can be.

The Brotherhood.

While many believe the ravanites died with Thryn they are back and stronger then ever, nearly every guild and organization is seeded with Ravanites that are bent on control of all Iridine, the toppling of the temple of Ereal, and their main goal- To bring Moonfall on the lands of Midlight. The brotherhood is very secretive and and tight lipped but has dealings in nearly everything that happens in Iridine.
    Last edited by Herdias86; 05-31-2011, 03:04 PM.

[Left intentionally blank to add other guilds.]

If you're a leader of any of these please PM me with a better blurb as I just took all these from the helpfiles for quick access

Hopefully these will be stickied for newcomers, reference, etc.

Comment

Time out Herdias!

Before you put too much work in compiling all the horizontal arms of the game, can we focus on one arm and actually add depth to them?

These little blurbs about each organization are great and all but they're only interesting if they were in conflict with one another. What, plot-wise, is the difference between the Constables, Legio, MVG, and BVM? Aside from jurisdictions, are their any playable conflicts? Aside from battling endless spawns in their area and stomping on the occasional player-character outlaw, what are their current motives and political maneuverings?

Yeah there's an obvious conflict between Constables and thieves, but is that conflict balanced enough to be interesting? Do we have players on both sides that can create their own roleplay instead of solely relying on events and GM initiatives?
      Signature.

Comment

I get what you're saying...And that's why I left myself a second thread. (Can only put 10000 characters in a post.) I'm also on my way out the door for school. Like I said....if any of these Org leaders are willing to give me an updated "What -they- want their org blurb to say" or if anyone wants to add in conflicts, alliances, etc. PM me and I'll gladly edit. I merely snagged these from the players guide and formatted them for easy reading since a lot of people don't take the time to read it. (It has a lot more to offer than the IG help files.)

Comment

Will someone from the CL stable, the Vestis Formatae, and the Traveant Militia please pm me with a blurb for their orgs please?

Comment

Your also missing the Silver Wolves, The Badgers (dont think its technically a guild but hey), The Brotherhood and the tailors guild (cant ever remember the name of it). Plus Im sure theres more but i cant think of them right now

Comment

Badgers and SW will be added later today. Just added Vestis Formatae. I have no idea what the Brotherhood is other than the creepy event blurbs they have. So if their org leader could pm me as well that'd be great.

Comment

The Badgers
                The Badgers are a non-affiliated casual organization whose goal is to provide newcomers and those new to their trades with a network of trainers and training partners. They provide basic armor and equipment as needed, but mostly focus on hosting events and group hunting sessions. Led by Leonias and Miri, they work with local organizations and sponsors to provide incentives to their honorary members. Where there's adventure, a Badger is not far behind!

Comment

Flophouse Synodia add it.
                  TRproclaim power!

Originally posted by Armataan
                  Did I just get told Synodia was a better RPed character than Culexus?
                  Originally posted by Bucaria
                  The player of Synodia should be made a GM, he seems to have no favorites and hates everyone equally.

Comment

If you ever played Synodia any more maybe.

Comment

Be careful what you wish for :P
                      TRproclaim power!

Originally posted by Armataan
                      Did I just get told Synodia was a better RPed character than Culexus?
                      Originally posted by Bucaria
                      The player of Synodia should be made a GM, he seems to have no favorites and hates everyone equally.

Comment

No love for the cult?

Comment

Originally posted by Abbot. View Post
                          No love for the cult?
                          Both Cineran cult, and Iridine cult. Is this list suppose to be inclusive of only player controlled orgs, or all orgs? Just opportunities currently available, or all RP opportunities that take place around groups?
                          Originally posted by MrSelfDestruct
                          I thought it was just a rumor that it was all number-crunching and competitive training in a game with no logical endpoint since characters are ostensibly immortal and can always get better.

You mean it's true?
                          Originally posted by Phwoar
                          Maybe I'm just becoming some tea-sipping hippy, or maybe I'm sour because my main uses cesti, but, why sacrifice a character idea for the sake of some hypothetical edge in some imagined combat situation in the distant future?
                          Originally posted by Elowynn
                          Rupert is like the Snowden champion of TEC.

Comment

As of right now, I have up there what I "think" is all the orgs players can join that are recognized and/or player run. I left the cult out because...do we acctually have a player run SoE or CoE anymore?

Comment

Originally posted by Herdias86 View Post
                              As of right now, I have up there what I "think" is all the orgs players can join that are recognized and/or player run. I left the cult out because...do we acctually have a player run SoE or CoE anymore?
                              We have a player run cult, and we have a player participant SoE.
                              Originally posted by MrSelfDestruct
                              I thought it was just a rumor that it was all number-crunching and competitive training in a game with no logical endpoint since characters are ostensibly immortal and can always get better.

You mean it's true?
                              Originally posted by Phwoar
                              Maybe I'm just becoming some tea-sipping hippy, or maybe I'm sour because my main uses cesti, but, why sacrifice a character idea for the sake of some hypothetical edge in some imagined combat situation in the distant future?
                              Originally posted by Elowynn
                              Rupert is like the Snowden champion of TEC.

Comment

Working...
                              X