Announcement

Collapse

ZEALOTRY Users: Critical Notice on Continued Use

Edit: Our new HTML5 client (Orchil) is now open for beta testing in The Eternal City and Grendel's Revenge. Feel free to try give it a whirl at http://test.skotos.net/orchil/

Edit: We have made great strides toward a new HTML5 client, which should offer a replacement to Zealotry. We're hoping to release that in the very near future, but in the meantime, using Pale Moon remains the best method for ensuring there is zero interruption to your game playing during the transition.

As of November 14, Mozilla will be auto-updating all copies of Mozilla Firefox to Mozilla 57, a new edition of their browser that will disable all legacy add-ons. This will probably include the majority of the plug-ins that you use on Mozilla, including the Skotos Zealotry plug-in.

This is a big problem for us because Zealotry is the most stable of our clients at this time, and the one that we believe is in the widest use. There's unfortunately no easy way to update it, because we'd have to rewrite it from practically scratch, using their new programming system.

There are tricks that you could use to to prevent Mozilla updates, but we don't particularly suggest them, as you want to have a clean, secure browser. Fortunately, there are two alternative browsers that will support Zealotry. Each of them branched off of an earlier version of Mozilla Firefox, and each of them continues to be updated for important security issues.

Pale Moon Browser

The Pale Moon browser is our suggested replacement. It is a totally separate browser that branched off of Firefox some years ago. It will continue to support the classic plug-ins.

To install it:
  • Install Pale Moon (Windows & UNIX only)
  • Install the Zealotry XPI on Pale Moon
  • Restart the Pale Moon Browser
  • Play on Pale Moon

The official version of Pale Moon only supports Windows and UNIX, but you can also get a slightly less official version of Pale Moon for the Mac. We've tested it out and it looks like it's clean and works correctly, but use your own level of caution in working with the Mac variant.

If You Have Errors

Some users are experiencing "Content Encoding Errors" when using Pale Moon and Zealotry. As best we can tell, this is due to an incompatibility between Windows 8.1, Pale Moon, and Plugins. If you have this problem (or any other), we suggest instead using Mozilla's extended-release version of Firefox, which branched at Firefox 52. It's expected to remain supported until at least June 28, 2018, by which time Mozilla is planning to jump their ESR to a post-plugin phase. This is therefore a short-term solution, but we expect to have full release of our New HTML5 client well before that.

To install it:
The Big Picture

Our larger-scale goal is to introduce a new client that will be usable on any browser and make our games generally more accessible. We've had a HTML5 client in process since last year, but are currently hitting roadblocks that make a deployment before November 14 problematic. We've also just started a second project, which would be more specifically focused as a Zealotry replacement, without worries about new bells or new whistles. Both of these possibilities are being done out-of-house, by Skotos players, but they're receiving our highest level of attention for whatever support they need, as this is all our top priority.

So, consider this a short-term fix, but in the meantime if you use Zealotry, please download one of the alternative browsers and test them out ASAP.
See more
See less

Guilds & Organizations of the Republic

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it really appropriate to have this kind of information available on the more secretive orgs like the thieves guild and the so-called Brotherhood? The policy used to be pretty strict that any detailed info on those orgs had to be found out IG.
    Don't tread on me.

Comment

Originally posted by Hordini View Post
      Is it really appropriate to have this kind of information available on the more secretive orgs like the thieves guild and the so-called Brotherhood? The policy used to be pretty strict that any detailed info on those orgs had to be found out IG.
      Speaking on behalf of the TG, i'm completely fine with what's posted about the organization here.
      Originally posted by MrSelfDestruct
      I thought it was just a rumor that it was all number-crunching and competitive training in a game with no logical endpoint since characters are ostensibly immortal and can always get better.

You mean it's true?
      Originally posted by Phwoar
      Maybe I'm just becoming some tea-sipping hippy, or maybe I'm sour because my main uses cesti, but, why sacrifice a character idea for the sake of some hypothetical edge in some imagined combat situation in the distant future?
      Originally posted by Elowynn
      Rupert is like the Snowden champion of TEC.

Comment

The info on the TG was directly out of the players guide. Thus common knowledge. Someone sent me the blurb for brotherhood. I personally have never heard of them ig so i asked them if they thought it was appropriate and they wanted it added.

Comment

Originally posted by Herdias86 View Post
          The info on the TG was directly out of the players guide. Thus common knowledge. Someone sent me the blurb for brotherhood. I personally have never heard of them ig so i asked them if they thought it was appropriate and they wanted it added.

Alright, I guess that's fine if the org members are cool with it.
          Don't tread on me.

Comment

Yes, the blurb on the TG is very revealing. It should be taken down immediately and replaced with a similar description to the HoL.
            Originally posted by Zenerai
            I'll be back at some point in the future.

I'm pulling my card and won't be playing for a while.

Comment

The info on TG and BH doesnt tell much anyway, it gives a brief outline of what the org is about and that's it, this simply allows a player to decide wether they want their character to persue this avenue of rp and that's all, nothing to really complain about. I swear sometimes I think people complain about the ooc'ness of things just for the sake of it

Comment

Originally posted by Zeo View Post
                The info on TG and BH doesnt tell much anyway, it gives a brief outline of what the org is about and that's it, this simply allows a player to decide wether they want their character to persue this avenue of rp and that's all, nothing to really complain about. I swear sometimes I think people complain about the ooc'ness of things just for the sake of it
                zomg this is full of ooc info! delete zeo's post!

Comment

What about the Sinestrals and the Shrikes? And the Milwaukee Ravenlarks?

Comment

Originally posted by Herdias86 View Post
                    As of right now, I have up there what I "think" is all the orgs players can join that are recognized and/or player run. I left the cult out because...do we acctually have a player run SoE or CoE anymore?
                    I certainly haven't been faking it for the last few years.

Lack of GM support is an issue, but the Cult of Ereal does have PC members

Comment

Oh, don't forget the Monlon Vigiles and the Rock Valley Watch!

Comment

There are more cults than just Ereal that are player operated, as well.

Travaent Militia
                        Cruentus Laureola
                        Silverwolves
                        All have @org.

The Collegia HAD @org until Seppoko & Vitalia Aerex removed it from them against the will of the entire membership.

Originally posted by VinianQuartz
                        HAIL CULEXUS

Comment

Diamond Eye has @org now as well.

https://www.mmaexpose.com/FighterDetails.aspx?fID=70

Comment

Hey, I've been busy almost every weekend lately and I was wondering - which of the active orgs keep tight, attendance-required schedules?

Also, which are the more casual, RP oriented? And which are the really PvP focused that deal more heavily with the mechanics and competitive aspects of the game?

Just don't want to get kicked out cause I can't make a few meetings (especially after a three month recruitment period), or get involved with something I don't know enough about (mechanics).
                            Signature.

Comment

It wouldn't be breaking any rules if we got another list of the current active orgs IG right?

Comment

I would say it should be fine I personally allow you to say
                                The Traevant is active and back to bad dancing
                                The Brotherhood of Traevant-Medivh Server

Traevant Militia First Speaker

Jerkface

Comment

Working...
                                X