A curiousity to me about bandits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A curiousity to me about bandits

Before I get to my question, I'd like to say please do not respond to anyone elses response. I am not looking to see who agrees with who or why someone elses opinion is stupid. I want a collection of responses to this question only, please:

What makes you want to have a bandit character?

I don't care if you have one or not, think for a moment and ask yourself 'why would you' and please jot down your ideas. Thank you.

For me it adds conflict and danger which is lacking. A lot of people want to be buddy buddy and are afraid to do anything that might risk their character or OOC friend circle. Playing a character someone or a group of people hate makes it an enjoyable experience.

Comment

I can't rightly speak for bandits, but I get a thrill out of playing an obnoxiously loud, crude and obscene character. I would imagine it would be the same feeling that the players of bandits (or even Culexus' player) get. I tend to find them more exciting than the average character, regardless of how damaging they are to OOC circles.

Comment

Instant storyline.

Bandits are dynamic. They create threads themselves, rather than having to latch onto others, or weave into others.

New tapestries are formed from the threads bandits bring together.

Old tapestries that a bandit tears to shreds become dozens of new ones.

They are new breath, rather than recirculated air. Passive characters can give interesting roleplay, and create beautiful portraits but it requires effort and careful attention. Bandits are wrecking balls, but destruction and creation are entirely linked.

And although it breaks your rules, Lexi is entirely right. I alienated myself from several OOC niches when I created, and pursued, Culexus. I created and pursued him in the exact way I would with a bandit. He is, in a way, the same sort of character. In my eyes at least.

- This was all stream of thought.

Originally posted by VinianQuartz
        HAIL CULEXUS

Comment

What would any good story line be without villains?

And who wants to play a good guy -all- the time?
          (All right, some of us do.. and that's okay.. but you gotta understand it's horribly boring to many people).

Comment

Its just fun being an asshole nobody likes
            TRproclaim power!

Originally posted by Armataan
            Did I just get told Synodia was a better RPed character than Culexus?
            Originally posted by Bucaria
            The player of Synodia should be made a GM, he seems to have no favorites and hates everyone equally.

Comment

I have a lot of problem with conflicts because I inevitably feel for the player behind the other character. I'm not saying this should be the standard, it's just a quirk of my personality. So, if I made a bandit, it would be an over-the-top, cartoonish super-villain. I would probably prey on newer/weaker characters, but then contrive some way to give them back more than I stole. I like when I, and all the players I interact with, are having fun and participating; so a Leo-bandit would have to adhere to that philosophy.

(And thus, in a real-time game, it's basically impossible for me to do that. Which is why my efforts at villainy skew more towards storylines and disposable characters.)
              I used to be a gladiator like you. Then I took a round-strike to the neck.

Originally posted by Cracked.com, on "Pottermore"
              But if there is real, player vs player dueling enabled, a whole realm of emergent-gameplay opportunities open up that can be used to wreck everything for everyone. We already know how this will play out - wrecking a community isn't a new hobby, not since the Vikings invented player-killing in the eighth century

Comment

I would love to be a bandit solely to earn money, the wrong way.Also the fear of bandit is enough to make people scream.Hide and seek with police is a regular exercise for bandits.Last but not the least, i will eat all chocolates and pizza free.
                technology news blog

Comment

Originally posted by Eliase View Post
                  I would love to be a bandit solely to earn money, the wrong way.Also the fear of bandit is enough to make people scream.Hide and seek with police is a regular exercise for bandits.Last but not the least, i will eat all chocolates and pizza free.
                  Can't argue with this logic.
                  I used to be a gladiator like you. Then I took a round-strike to the neck.

Originally posted by Cracked.com, on "Pottermore"
                  But if there is real, player vs player dueling enabled, a whole realm of emergent-gameplay opportunities open up that can be used to wreck everything for everyone. We already know how this will play out - wrecking a community isn't a new hobby, not since the Vikings invented player-killing in the eighth century

Comment

Everytime I turned a good character in to a bandit, it was because I was bored.

Comment

When I turned one of my first charc. into a bandit it was because Koppe made me.

https://www.mmaexpose.com/FighterDetails.aspx?fID=70

Comment

Originally posted by Tweninger View Post
                        Everytime I turned a good character in to a bandit, it was because I was bored.
                        I had this exact thought about my main today.
                        Originally posted by Felisin
                        Too many carebears in this game
                        Originally posted by Felisin
                        This game is less about RP and more about epeen and griefing.
                        On the Introduction of Magic into TEC:
                        Originally posted by Sandestin
                        Seriously, as much as Araminta would love to throw fireballs at Rubico, you know that's not gonna happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Daelun View Post
                          When I turned one of my first charc. into a bandit it was because Koppe made me.
                          Haha. You're welcome buddy.

Comment

Excitement. TEC is one of the few social games you can play with good combat AND permanent consequences.

Bandits are more interesting because when you die, you die.
                            Originally posted by glenh
                            Maybe a new 'general' skill called "wait". Which allows you to wait for boats/caravans etc. Each rank could give you a 1% chance not to miss it so at rank 100 you'd be best at catching the boats whilst AFK, and it would also provide a benefit to ranking it up.

Comment

This thread generated good responses. Thank you. A question though.

Originally posted by mr_unlucky View Post
                              Excitement. TEC is one of the few social games you can play with good combat AND permanent consequences.

Bandits are more interesting because when you die, you die.
                              Why can't you do this with non-bandit characters? Bandits aren't the only possible villains.

Comment

Working...
                              X