X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miri_arielle
    started a topic Ask the Auxilii!

Ask the Auxilii!

In case you didn't know, at any given time there's a pretty good network of auxilii members in game to answer your every question on our aux chat line. It's newer, so some of the old returning folks may not know of it. All you do is type 'aux' in front of your text, and we'll see it. If you ask for directions or gear, we'll tell you to ask in game. But commands, mechanics questions and general help, we will gladly point you in the right direction as best we can.

Here are some frequently observed questions and their answers. Feel free to add to the list if you've got helpful tips, too.

-Count people: If you want to see a list of who is in the room, you can type 'count people.' But this is seen. If you want to do it quietly, type 'ac .' with the . OR 'ac Miri' but I don't think this works for other people, just to see who is approached to your own character.

-Collect: There isn't a shortcut that I know of to open all chests and coffers, but you can empty them all with one command. 'Collect contents <1-22> coffer empties it onto the ground. 'Collect contents <1-22> coffer into my sack' into container.

-Undress: Use this command to take off all armor and clothing. Can type 'stop' to make it end!

-@allow check <name> shows you if you are allowing this person to hug you, etc. passive check <name> likewise. You can only do that if the person is present. If you want to just clear all type 'passive none'

[[ETA: Thanks to Sceadu for this one: you can just type 'passive check' and see the list.]]

-SP calculating command for current and future skills: ssk costs

-The | sign works as 'and," so you can 'group all stone|pebble|mineral' ,or 'target brute|thug|dog|newbie'
    Last edited by Miri_arielle; 02-16-2012, 11:17 AM.

• glenh
    replied
    Originally posted by Vinian Quartz View Post
    Due to the lack of IG Roleplaying and duty time, I can't see that very minimally used option to be coming into play anytime soon. The org is essentially an IG org, with OOC mechanical assistance for Newcomers/Players. A few have focused too heavily on the OOC means, and the IG is being effected by that. A positive move towards getting IG connections to the auxilii to become a member would only benefit the new players and game world, including the org as a whole.
    It was more to share my knowledge and help people with general FAQ type questions. There characters may not require or RP towards asking people for help and so may need a hand getting an answer. I use AUX channel every now and then for mechanics questions - how do you free, how do you 1 hand wield, etc etc.

Leave a comment:

• Iosaerius
    replied
    Can there be a prompt when you delete a character to transfer your items to the Aux donation bin?

Leave a comment:

• Vinian Quartz
    replied
    Due to the lack of IG Roleplaying and duty time, I can't see that very minimally used option to be coming into play anytime soon. The org is essentially an IG org, with OOC mechanical assistance for Newcomers/Players. A few have focused too heavily on the OOC means, and the IG is being effected by that. A positive move towards getting IG connections to the auxilii to become a member would only benefit the new players and game world, including the org as a whole.

Leave a comment:

• glenh
    replied
    Why can't you join the Aux OOCly to help people with the Aux Channel only?

Leave a comment:

• AdorkableDerp
    replied
    Where's Irine? :c

Leave a comment:

• Itsarka
    replied
    Why are you looking at me like that?
    Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Telvanni Guard
    replied
    It should be made well known anyway.

@ allows you to add your name anywhere in an emote instead of just at the beginning.

Example-
    :Glancing up from his book, @ glances around with a look of disgust.
    Glancing up from his book, Telvanni glances around with a look of disgust.

Putting a name in <>s will allow you to direct your emotes. Note that it works on objects, with shorthand and is limited to one per emote line.
    This will also fail to work if the person/object is no longer in the room.
    (PS: Most objects already use the word 'a' as a part of their shorthand description.)

Example-
    :grabs <Itsarka> by the arm.
    (You see) Telvanni grabs you by the arm.
    (Others see) Telvanni grabs Itsarka by the arm.

To add a possessive, add +P after the name inside of the emote.

Example-
    :grabs <Itsarka+P> arm.
    (You see) Telvanni grabs your arm.
    (Other see) Telvanni grabs Itsarka's arm.

And you can combine these together.

Example-
    :Glancing up from his book, @ glances at <Itsarka> with a look of disgust.
    (You see) Glancing up from his book, Telvanni glances at you with a look of disgust.
    (Others see) Glancing up from his book, Telvanni glances at Itsarka with a look of disgust.

Leave a comment:

• Itsarka
    replied
    Can you all point me to a thread about the advanced emotes? Adding targets to speech and "flavoring it". I see lusa taking advantage of it. If someone wanted to PM me I would take lessons in the WA.

Leave a comment:

• Elsana
    replied
    Originally posted by Armataan View Post

Having characters that were members for 4+ years (and in my case, a primus for 2+) who were in good standing with flawless records be blown off by the standing primus when they ask to rejoin is also awesome.
    If I'm the standing Primus you're referring to, please message me. This is definitely not my view of what happened.

Leave a comment:

• Armataan
    replied
    Yes I did. Thank you for pointing that out. I doubt you realize how painful it is for me to find out I have been consistently misspelling something for decades. Though that particular one may be chalkable to being tired.

And Talax, I really don't think my reply was too far off topic, or for that matter in any way 'trolling' the thread. But sorry it offended you.

Leave a comment:

• Shadius
    replied
    Just one and done

Armataan loves to correct people, and I have no beef with that whatsoever as I find it helpful myself. BUT, you spelled -effected- instead of -affected-. Flame away.

Leave a comment:

• Talax
    replied
    Thank you for trolling by, I believe this thread is for questions and answers I almost fell to the negativity to reply instead I ask we do not prove we can take it down negative roads and we keep it focused on assisting new people.

Leave a comment:

• Atilu
    replied
    So, basically another hole in the ship? Color me surprised.

Leave a comment:

• Armataan
    replied
    In my opinion, and ignoring personal dislikes for how Raidian ran the org (because it's just personal stylistic bias), I feel that the auxilii was crippled by a severe shift in GM treatment of the membership of the org and by constant aggressive oversight that strangled the ability to properly help customers which has continued to the present day. This change also effected the trustee system. Feeling 'afraid' to answer questions that come in on aux chat because the last 12+ times you have answered those questions, a gm has yelled at you about it, really does nothing for the game. And it is STILL happening.

Having characters that were members for 4+ years (and in my case, a primus for 2+) who were in good standing with flawless records be blown off by the standing primus when they ask to rejoin is also awesome.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X