Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cuirass Changes

Cool changes, Kneller.

Does the muscle cuirass cover the waist now, or can it possibly cover the waist? Most of the ones I've seen have full abdomen and hips and such. This would essentially make it a more useful piece of armor, due to lack of decent waist protection that rivals lorica/mail.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y11..._Cuirass_1.jpg

It'd be nice to have multiple options, instead of one way that is right.

Same goes for weapons in the future.

Also, is the lorica supposed to weigh 10 lbs and the mail cuirass 16? Since it covers less, are the links layered or something or was this an oversight?

Comment

So out of my mini armory... I'll check the other one later. Also the weights of greaves seem to have changed as well.
      Lorica hamata- 10
      Reinforced bronze cuirass with shoulder plates- 17
      Studded leather cuirass- 10
      Mail cuirass- 14
      Mail cuirass(2)- 16
      Mail cuirass so highly polished it hurts the eyes- 10
      Black leather cuirass- 10
      Leather cuirass ringed with bronze- 10
      Chainmail shirt- 16
      Scuffed lorica hamata with bent links- 15

Comment

The lorica was adjusted by mistake and has been readjusted.

No changes were made to greaves.

Cuirasses will not be adapted for lower waist protection. The naming is a bit inaccurate: The actual "chest" body part is, mechanically, treated as the front of the torso. The waist I suppose just means your crotch area, and there's all sorts of armour available for that.
        Active Projects:
        • Priorities
          1. Bug fixes
          2. Fixes for existing hunting grounds/NPCs (ongoing)
          3. Basran Hill story, eventual lead to ToH.
        • Side projects
          1. Malezzerai (dialogue ongoing)
          2. Armour Rebalancing (ongoing)
          3. Assisting org/event GMs with lore consistency and coding support.
          4. Additions to Monlon (TBA), Blackvine (after Monlon), Rock Valley (after BV), Steps (after RV.) Overall goal to add substance to existing regions.

Comment

Some items may reflect inaccurate properties if they are simply something else that a lazy GM in the past renamed, such as the 10-lb mail cuirasses you have up there. If you find items like this, please @report them with their names and locations. They'll need to be adjusted or replaced individually.
          Active Projects:
          • Priorities
            1. Bug fixes
          • Side projects
            4. Additions to Monlon (TBA), Blackvine (after Monlon), Rock Valley (after BV), Steps (after RV.) Overall goal to add substance to existing regions.

Comment

I'm guessing the differences in weight for the 3 listed mail armors are based on where the specific piece of armor came from? Vetallun vs Iridine vs Can't remember?

Comment

Originally posted by Kneller View Post
              The waist I suppose just means your crotch area, and there's all sorts of armour available for that.
              Critical Hit! A nasty gash to a bare-chested tattooed bandit's waist from your retalq gladius creates a trail of blood down a bare-chested tattooed bandit's legs.
              Blood trickles from a bare-chested tattooed bandit's waist.

I just want to say.

Now that I know that 'waist' means 'penis', this crit is about a thousand times more amazing.

Originally posted by VinianQuartz
              HAIL CULEXUS

Comment

Originally posted by Armataan View Post
                Critical Hit! A nasty gash to a bare-chested tattooed bandit's waist from your retalq gladius creates a trail of blood down a bare-chested tattooed bandit's legs.
                Blood trickles from a bare-chested tattooed bandit's waist.

I just want to say.

Now that I know that 'waist' means 'penis', this crit is about a thousand times more amazing.
                Everyone in Midlight is built like the angels from Dogma. Haven't you noticed there's like one real latrine in the entire gameworld, and it's in one of the oldest civilized areas? And air babies?
                Active Projects:
                • Priorities
                  1. Bug fixes
                • Side projects

Comment

Leather shoulder ptergyes now weigh 10 pounds...
                  Fortunately, mail shoulder guards only weigh 6.

Comment

Originally posted by Dink View Post
                    Leather shoulder ptergyes now weigh 10 pounds...
                    Fortunately, mail shoulder guards only weigh 6.
                    Already fixed.

Here's the problem, in a nutshell.

First GMs create a neat little equipment system. There's a general armor category, then someone adds helmets in, chest armor, etc. Someone else comes along and creates a cuirass model, under the chest armor group. Then it offshoots into plain, leather, mail, etc. Some bright-eyes later creates a lorica, but instead of putting it under chest armor and working from there, he gets lazy and makes it under cuirass too, and just modifies a few numbers.

Jump ahead a few years, and I forget about this little oddity and accidentally modify a few loricas at the same time. Not a big deal. Fix it, move it, be happy. Incredibly, though, whoever made leather shoulder pteryges put them under... cuirass. I suppose it's my fault for not checking first before I modified cuirasses, but... That this even existed did not register as a possibility in my mind.

I'll be doing a thorough check on all armor pieces I supposedly hadn't modified, just in case any more banalities like this show up.

On the plus side, it's forcing me to restructure that aspect of the gameworld and give it a long overdue cleanup.
                    Active Projects:
                    • Priorities
                      1. Bug fixes
                    • Side projects

Comment

Originally posted by Kneller View Post
                      Already fixed.

(snip)

On the plus side, it's forcing me to restructure that aspect of the gameworld and give it a long overdue cleanup.
                      Dear Kneller,

Comment

Had some waist pteryges weighing 9lbs. Dropping them and picking them back up seemed to do the trick though, so worth a try if you're carrying extra weight suddenly.

Comment

So lorica is still best protection? Even though I like/want a muscle cuirass again..
                          Argued with GM Tale on forums.
                          Character wakes up with 2hp and 2 fatigue, mangled face.
                          Skotos didn't care.

Originally posted by Elowynn
                          It's not a good sign if glenh makes more sense than you, L.
                          Originally posted by Tale
                          My apologies to Glenh.

Comment

Originally posted by glenh View Post
                            So lorica is still best protection? Even though I like/want a muscle cuirass again..
                            Yep, as long as codpieces are rare, there is no point leaving your waist open with no real protection. Waistguards are okay, but I'd rather have a lorica layered with one instead of just a waistguard. If weight isn't an issue, a mail cuirass protects against punctures slightly better than a lorica, but I haven't tested greaves versus lorica to see if they are a suitable replacement.

Comment

Originally posted by lykatos View Post
                              Yep, as long as codpieces are rare, there is no point leaving your waist open with no real protection. Waistguards are okay, but I'd rather have a lorica layered with one instead of just a waistguard. If weight isn't an issue, a mail cuirass protects against punctures slightly better than a lorica, but I haven't tested greaves versus lorica to see if they are a suitable replacement.
                              Yeah, I had a custom description muscle cuirass because I thought being thick plate it'd offer better protection overall. Never regret selling it and buying a base model lorica instead.
                              Argued with GM Tale on forums.
                              Character wakes up with 2hp and 2 fatigue, mangled face.
                              Skotos didn't care.

Originally posted by Elowynn
                              It's not a good sign if glenh makes more sense than you, L.
                              Originally posted by Tale
                              My apologies to Glenh.

Comment

Working...
                              X