No announcement yet.

Arrow Costs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is now possible to retrieve arrows from corpses. You can see how many arrows are in a corpse using the INSPECT command. If you notice a corpse has arrows in it, you can then just PULL CORPSE to attempt to retrieve the arrows. There is a small chance that you will break an arrow while attempting to retrieve it. Also note that not all arrows that strike the target are currently stored on that target. That is another issue we will look into and see if it needs to be changed.
    Game Master Sceadu

Comment

Thanks for addressing this guys and so fast as well.

Comment

Thank you, GMs!

Comment

Yes. Thank you very much for creating a quick, viable solution. On both fronts.
          This isn't a bakery. We aren't gonna sugar coat sh*t for you.

Tell a lie often enough and with enough conviction, it will become truth to all who hear, and say, it.

Comment

Has anyone gotten this to work yet? I've shot about 10 arrows into a boar and 5 into a rabbit, with no arrows to pull. Also, an NPC will 'lose' the arrows stuck in it when it attempts to flee. Is this going to continue being the case?

Comment

I had a character that used to make arrows before the arrow shops opened. It was a nice business. There were plentiful arrows to be made for archers. Bartering and trading of arrows existed without exchange of coin.

I know that archers don't like to lose arrows.

My solution would be to give hunters the ability to craft arrows that archers really want. That way, an archer hunter could make his or her own arrows without the huge loss. Seriously, if hunters could actually make the arrows that archers wanted, there could be lots of ways to trade them without actually IG coin.

My present character has made hundreds of barbed tipped arrows that no one wants because they don't have metal tips or bodies. Basically, I make them for skills points in the hunting set and discard them.
              A man in a bright orange mask in the shape of a sunburst gently strikes a small brass gong with a leather-wrapped rod.

Comment

I haven't been able to get this to work.

Comment

There was a small bug that was not allowing the arrows to transfer from the creature to the corpse. Should be fixed now.
                  Game Master Sceadu

Comment

Just shot up a bunch of thugs, no arrows on/in them.

Comment

Tweaked again. Seems to be working now. Thanks Sceadu.

Comment

So once you buy your 20/50 arrows, your set for life now? /lol to the hunting lore people.
                        Argued with GM Tale on forums.
                        Character wakes up with 2hp and 2 fatigue, mangled face.
                        Skotos didn't care.

Originally posted by Elowynn
                        It's not a good sign if glenh makes more sense than you, L.
                        Originally posted by Tale
                        My apologies to Glenh.

Comment

Hardly. Shot 20 or so testing the latest fix. Got 2 back. It's 'something' but you're still going to go through alot of arrows.

Comment

Originally posted by Dink View Post
                            Hardly. Shot 20 or so testing the latest fix. Got 2 back. It's 'something' but you're still going to go through alot of arrows.
                            Nice. I agree give hunting lore people access to making top tier arrows.
                            Argued with GM Tale on forums.
                            Character wakes up with 2hp and 2 fatigue, mangled face.
                            Skotos didn't care.

Originally posted by Elowynn
                            It's not a good sign if glenh makes more sense than you, L.
                            Originally posted by Tale
                            My apologies to Glenh.

Comment

Did some tests in Monlon today on a ruffian and rogue.

This is what the "pull corpse" command looks like; (there is a spelling error in the command it says atempting instead of attempting.)

You begin atempting to pull an iron-tipped arrow from the corpse of a rogue.
                              The iron-tipped arrow starts to slide free, but hangs on a bone and breaks.
                              You are no longer busy.
                              discard arrow
                              Are you sure you want to throw a ruined arrow away? (y/n)
                              y
                              You discard a ruined arrow.
                              pull corpse
                              You are no longer busy.
                              discard ruin
                              y
                              pull corpse
                              Telorc pulls an iron-tipped arrow free from the corpse of a rogue.
                              The iron-tipped arrow slides free.
                              You are no longer busy.
                              drop iron
                              You drop an iron-tipped arrow.
                              pull corpse
                              You are no longer busy.
                              drop iron
                              pull corpse
                              You are no longer busy.
                              discard ruin
                              y
                              pull corpse
                              You are no longer busy.
                              drop iron
                              pull corpse
                              You are no longer busy.

Pull corpse for each arrow.. painful I wish this was a command for all the arrows. It takes 5 seconds to recover or attempt to recover each arrow.
                              Also there seems to be a 25% chance they break pulling them out just for the tests I did.

First Test
                              Subject : Ruffian
                              Arrows to knock out: 27
                              Arrows Recovered: 4
                              Arrow Cost: 368 Denars
                              Loot recovered
                              -Stiffened leather armor
                              -Neckpouch with Large deep blue stone and large smooth light green stone

Second Test
                              Subject : Rogue
                              Arrows to knock out: 22
                              Arrows Recovered: 14 (not sure why so many more were recovered this time and it took around 2 minutes of pulling arrows from the corpse to recover these)
                              Arrow Cost: 128 Denars
                              Loot recovered
                              -Battered Bronze Knife
                              -Sturdy Leather Armor
                              -Coffer (not opened yet)

Third Test
                              Subject : Ruffian
                              Arrows to knock out: 15
                              Arrows Recovered: 11
                              Arrow Cost: 64 Denars
                              Loot recovered
                              -Fur-lined leather armor
                              -Small gray opaque stone

On a side not I did notice that if you "inspect corpse" before trying to take arrows out you get WAY more, if you dont you get like 4 otherwise you get most except a few that disappear and the ones that break.

Comment

Working...
                              X