No announcement yet.

Armilustrium Cancelled

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah. Negative kudos to whoever was behind this. People did so much preparation, just to get slammed? Presumably over arcane IG politics. Griefer RP sucks.
    "But the fact is that it doesn't take long for the experience of the Numinous to unhinge the mind." - Umberto Eco, Foucault's Pendulum

Comment

Sad - this was one of the few events that I've seen in my last two months of playing that seemed 'interesting'..

Comment

Originally posted by Armataan View Post
        It sounded like you were quitting in thoughts earlier.
        Hope you stick around
        What you heard - and still hear - was shock, confusion, and extreme disappointment (my first thought was that it was a belated April Fool's joke). The mail I received is Kafkaesque.
        Why: Talius has a burr up his butt

Comment

I much preferred Talius' planned series of events to what actually transpired.

Comment

Originally posted by Bucaria View Post
            I much preferred Talius' planned series of events to what actually transpired.
            I much preferred Talius paying out the 100+ talents of prizes, than Culexus emptying his bank account to provide what he could and being unable to perform the wagon portion or the melee due to empty bank account + time constraints.

You lost so you complain. Boohoo. You'd kudos the shit out of it if you'd won. Boo hoo x 2.

BTW. Every one of Talius's events happened when they were scheduled to happen. Sans Talius. (and nobody said he couldn't show up and run them. He just chose not to since he wasn't assistant steward which was a totally reasonable choice on his part.)

Parlin and Lex just stepped up and provided what money they could in place of the hole.

Originally posted by VinianQuartz
            HAIL CULEXUS

Comment

Originally posted by TaliusNoraetis View Post
              What you heard - and still hear - was shock, confusion, and extreme disappointment (my first thought was that it was a belated April Fool's joke). The mail I received is Kafkaesque.
              Welcome to the club...
              Vinian whispers to you, "[ brb just had a naked guy fall into my backyard....WTF!! ]"

Je suis Charlie

Comment

Originally posted by Abeldor View Post
                Welcome to the club...

You told your commanding officer he ate human shit while standing in a room with a 'crowd' full of his soldiers.

How the hell are you in any club with guys who don't understand why they were fired?

HAIL CULEXUS

Comment

You told your commanding officer he ate human shit while standing in a room with a 'crowd' full of his soldiers.

How the hell are you in any club with guys who don't understand why they were fired?
                  Don't act like you were attending the scene and knew what it was about. This is iritating

That isn't a good quote of the conversation,
                  That wasn't my character's commanding officer,
                  There was no crowd.
                  Vinian whispers to you, "[ brb just had a naked guy fall into my backyard....WTF!! ]"

Je suis Charlie

Comment

Don't act like you were attending the scene and knew what it was about. This is iritating

That isn't a good quote of the conversation,
                    That wasn't my character's commanding officer,
                    There was no crowd.
                    You are right. I was not there in that room. Just the 3 of you.

That was my favorite quote from the conversation actually.

That was definitely the Consul's Aide. And the Consul's Aide is definitely a commanding officer of a Tribune.

If mechanics haven't changed since the last time I was in it, looking for a crowd definitely finds soldiers and scribes in that room. And there was definitely a whole squad outside the door flinching at the yelling.

---

But this is a digression. My point is just that I can't imagine you were remotely confused on why you got fired. Pretty sure punching your Boss in the face and pinching a loaf on the hood of his car is a clean-cut reason to be fired.

HAIL CULEXUS

Comment

You are right. I was not there in that room. Just the 3 of you.

That was my favorite quote from the conversation actually.

That was definitely the Consul's Aide. And the Consul's Aide is definitely a commanding officer of a Tribune.

If mechanics haven't changed since the last time I was in it, looking for a crowd definitely finds soldiers and scribes in that room. And there was definitely a whole squad outside the door flinching at the yelling.

---

But this is a digression. My point is just that I can't imagine you were remotely confused on why you got fired. Pretty sure punching your Boss in the face and pinching a loaf on the hood of his car is a clean-cut reason to be fired.
                      Since you want to argue, we'll argue.

A little IG clarification, if you need it, others might need it.

A Consul's Aide isn't a Consul's Aide for Vetallun Justice. Those are different positions and I am surprised that you ignore it.

And we all know that you can't hold a civilian office AND a military one. All would odd that a Constable Legate (military office) would be acting as Assistant Justice of the Forum (civilian office). It would be so odd, that it isn't allowed by the laws of the Republic of Iridine.

It has been addressed many times in the past by the GMs when the Consul's Aide for Vetallun Justice was a PC, he isn't a member of the legion but a civilian official.

So assumed that Taevon Veranus was siting on the Justice chair, it meant that he wasn't a part of the Legion anymore and certainly not Consul's Aide.

Because you can't be both: civilian and military.

I would even add that a Consul's Aide, in itself, isn't an officer... it is an errand, the voice of the Consul, so true, but only a voice (That part, at least was well played).

A Consul's Aide isn't in the chain of command.

Last detail, a Military Tribune isn't promotted IGly... he is elected inthe Senate. He shouldn't be fired like that because he had an 'argument' with another official. But we know that you all have a pretty modern view of the legion and the politics IG... so far from what it should be.

As I am good with you Amartan, I will precise the only possible event that could lead to have a person bearing a civilian AND a military Imperium: when the senate vote for a Dictator, in all other circunstances, it should be civil war.... but who cares what GMNPC do?

Je suis Charlie

Comment

but who cares what GMNPC do?
                        me! the feels are strong in this one!

Comment

Working...
                        X