Outdoor Survival - Find Resource not finding anything

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outdoor Survival - Find Resource not finding anything

My char is level 11 in Outdoor Survival and 1 in Survival Foraging. Success role for <find resource> is 63. I've rolled at least 30 successful rolls above 63, in various locations around the coastal forest. Aside from one seashell and one branch, I have only seen the dreaded "After searching the area for a while, you find nothing useful".

Are resources so hard to find? Or is the respawn rate for them just very slow?

Edited: It is interesting that in the same location, <gather twigs> usually returns some results. I thought at the very least, <find resource> should return twigs too?

It's a very popular place near a trainer that often asks for things in that category, it's going to be depleted a lot. Try other places, explore a bit.

Comment

Thanks. I had covered the breadth of that forest but will try my luck further afield.

Comment

finding resources is really that hard.

Comment

My char ventured to the forest outside Blackvine to try and find a less populated area. Succeeded in getting a vivid red line drawn across his neck by a man with a vicious smile! Probably a bit too far...

Resources do seem hard to find. On some spots, I've gotten a "you find nothing useful", then succeeded in finding something a few tries later. Does the echo change when there are no resources left, like it does when finding saplings or firewood?

Comment

Originally posted by theblueslate View Post
            My char ventured to the forest outside Blackvine to try and find a less populated area. Succeeded in getting a vivid red line drawn across his neck by a man with a vicious smile! Probably a bit too far...

Resources do seem hard to find. On some spots, I've gotten a "you find nothing useful", then succeeded in finding something a few tries later. Does the echo change when there are no resources left, like it does when finding saplings or firewood?
            I can't verify that.

Comment

My outdoors character has a 1 success for Find Resources and he still has issue finding items. Usually he only finds on rolls that are rather high.
              "Bulimia makes me vomit."

"I like my coffee like I like my women, ground up and in the freezer."

Wombat responds from afar, "Consider them thwapped."

Comment

Maybe an echo when resources in an area are depleted might be useful, so we know when to stop looking?

Comment

To my knowledge it is never fully depleted. Basically there will be a certain number of certain things (like branches), then you're going to find a base item (twigs in woods, grasshoppers in grasslands, etc.) the rest of the time. Seems like ranks also help, but I can't really confirm this.

Comment

I have someone proficient in foraging and I can tell you that he has trouble finding items times. Don't fret, just keep at it.
                    The only person who is allowed to kill people in mass numbers is god himself.. and its cool because he always serenedes you with trumpets to soften the mood prior.

Comment

Yeah finding useful resources can be a pain in the arse sometimes. Gathering twigs has its own command, so would be nice if it was off of the find resources search in my opinion.
                      I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image.
                      Steven Hawkings

Comment

Working...
                      X