Cut and Lift :PICKPOCKETING

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cut and Lift :PICKPOCKETING

I have achieved at 5:91 roll.. and auto-fade... but from rank 19-25 I noticed no difference in auto-fade results...

I'm curious, if i took it to 30 or 40 or 50... would the auto-fade continue to become easier? yes or no?

Like will it ever be 5:89 ??

Try it and find out. A lot of this stuff isn't public knowledge for a reason.

Comment

Originally posted by yezrah7 View Post
      I have achieved at 5:91 roll.. and auto-fade... but from rank 19-25 I noticed no difference in auto-fade results...

I'm curious, if i took it to 30 or 40 or 50... would the auto-fade continue to become easier? yes or no?

Like will it ever be 5:89 ??
      If you ever figure it out, please let us know and not be a dick like the person above! Thanks homie

Comment

Find out IG....thanks
        TRproclaim power!

Originally posted by Armataan
        Did I just get told Synodia was a better RPed character than Culexus?
        Originally posted by Bucaria
        The player of Synodia should be made a GM, he seems to have no favorites and hates everyone equally.

Comment

No you wont auto fade any better than what you are currently.

Comment

Originally posted by mikeand View Post
            Find out IG....thanks
            Are we really asking him to find out about mechanics for a skill that everyone knows exists in-game? He didn't ask about the actual "secret" moves.
            <Tivan thinks aloud: No offense, I'd rather take it from behind by an eyeless humanoid from twilight...guess I'll get them myself.>

Haggard squeaks to MindThrasher, "My only regret about lanc dying...is that Kjel was at the toga.."

Fidellus whispers something to Lucarnes.
            Carefully reading his lips, you make out the words "I liked it, but I have a thing for blondes in catholic school girl skirts

A woman in a slinky red nightgown flirts to you, "Bears are repulsive."

Comment

We all know Synodia is a cunt, it's why I ignore him/her/it now.

Comment

check out this website, for all your pickpocketing, setup and streetsmarts needs...

https://web.archive.org/web/20050205....net/~rune789/

TRproclaim power!

The player of Synodia should be made a GM, he seems to have no favorites and hates everyone equally.

Comment

yes it's a blast from the past.
                  TRproclaim power!

Comment

Originally posted by Kjel View Post

Are we really asking him to find out about mechanics for a skill that everyone knows exists in-game? He didn't ask about the actual "secret" moves.
                    For this, yeah. PP is a skill set based on secrecy and being able to make like-minded friends or find the right spot to meet your Skype buddies for lessons. Healing or outdoors? Sure. Share away. Threads like this used to be taken down quickly though.

It's also a question that he could have answered on his own with a few more SP invested in his experiment. Glad you all spared him five minutes of palming.

Comment

In a game that regularly has less than 20 people online who cares about who asks what when?

Comment

The "everything must remain secret forever" rule made TEC exciting in the early days. Misinformation and hiding mechanical knowledge made it suck as it aged.

Comment

Originally posted by lykatos View Post
                          The "everything must remain secret forever" rule made TEC exciting in the early days. Misinformation and hiding mechanical knowledge made it suck as it aged.
                          You're making a straw man out of my post when clearly it was in reference to one particular skill set. For the set in question and a couple of others that fall along the same lines a little secrecy would actually go a long way to improving things. Having knowledge like trainer locations for criminal skills out there and readily available has already damaged the necessity to make relationships among seedier characters. Since telling him to spend a little more time to figure it out on his own was way out of line, would telling this person to find and ask another thief in game really be too much to ask? There are plenty of people who could have told him IC'ly, "No, once you're able to steal without screwing up there's no need to work on it further" had they been asked. That same interaction could have and likely would have led to further opportunities for his character. Now he's left with an answer from somebody on a forum and no clue where to go next.

Comment

My response wasn't directed at you and just about this particular skill set, so you can end your little crusade here. The person asked a simple mechanical question, they didn't ask about trainer locations or how to find things. It was a mechanics question, asked in the mechanics forums... if you didn't want to help him with it then don't. Sometimes people want clarification on how things actually work, and would have still required brackets to be completely answered(which some GMs really hate). His question was no different than, "If I take forging to 100, will I find more resources?" or "If I take leg strike to 100 will the knockdown rate improve"... just because it involves pick pocketing doesn't suddenly make their question taboo.

There are plenty of things in TEC where the descriptions of skills and help files make them appear to do things that they don't actually do in game. Also, things change and don't always go announced and unintended bugs happen as a result of other changes. There have also been times when GMs actually read the forums and actually make changes based on posts similar to this.

Comment

Originally posted by Lantraste View Post
                              Now he's left with an answer from somebody on a forum and no clue where to go next.
                              Uh.. now that someone ACTUALLY answered his QUESTION. I'm pretty sure he knows where to go next.

Comment

Working...
                              X