No announcement yet.

Cut and Lift :PICKPOCKETING

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I went 7 ranks in it.. and saw no change, and dinn't want to self-train anymore.... and waste SP... thats why i asked...

Comment

Originally posted by Zenerai View Post

Uh.. now that someone ACTUALLY answered his QUESTION. I'm pretty sure he knows where to go next.
      I would tend to expect that someone who can figure out how to take one sentence of a post out of context and quote it would have enough reading comprehension to understand what that one sentence he took out of context meant.

Comment

The Answer is no. At least that was the cast like 6 years ago when I last played a thief. And I doubt they've changed something like that in the past 6 years. All pickpocketing stealing skills can get down to a 1:success and when rolling 1:90-100 you will auto-fade/retreat but this threshold never went lower than 90 in all my testing. This includes quick grab which adds a roundtime to the victim and gives you a chance to run away but despite many people telling (trolling) me saying that at grandmaster quick grab you could grab weapons... this was not the case. For moves which can be hidden such as slice and the various weapon lifts, you get a major bonus to bypassing perception checks, BUT I still have been warranted/seen by players even when rolling 1:90+

Despite all my experience with thieves though I never figured out if rolling a 1:100 to shave a sen down was any better than a 1:2. Always hoped it would be like a crafted lockpick and give a bonus but none of my testing ever seemed to be affected by the roll.... but with how success can change literally every second with certain skills (palming in a closed off room can go back and forth between 2-3 numbers for instance), who knows if that testing was accurate.

Also NPC constables seem to nearly always see your moves even while hidden and even when rolling 1:90+. I have had them not see it before, but I'm talking like 1 in 20 chances. Best to avoid NPC constables. For players, cut and lift should always be silent if successful. Slice seems to be highly affected by ranks to the point that at high ranks, even rolling like a 1:15 and getting the echo that you've dropped the item can still result in it being silent. Remember each player in the room rolls perception checks separately though, so one player might see it, and another might not.

Comment

Originally posted by Ilkilyn View Post
          The Answer is no. At least that was the cast like 6 years ago when I last played a thief. And I doubt they've changed something like that in the past 6 years. All pickpocketing stealing skills can get down to a 1:success and when rolling 1:90-100 you will auto-fade/retreat but this threshold never went lower than 90 in all my testing. This includes quick grab which adds a roundtime to the victim and gives you a chance to run away but despite many people telling (trolling) me saying that at grandmaster quick grab you could grab weapons... this was not the case.
          You used to be able to be able to steal weapons, but people got mad that there was no defense against it outside of falling back. Then it was switched to where bladed weapons would then cut your hand, but non bladed weapons could be stolen... then finally it was changed to where they couldn't be wielding for you to steal it.

Comment

Originally posted by Lantraste View Post

I would tend to expect that someone who can figure out how to take one sentence of a post out of context and quote it would have enough reading comprehension to understand what that one sentence he took out of context meant.
            I would tend to expect that someone who asked a question would receive a valid answer TO THE QUESTION instead of explaining why they won't answer the original question. Get outta here bruh.. you are losing this entire thread. No one in here likes your shitty ass answer and attitude toward the subject. So please, go somewhere and let us help the guy if you don't want to buddy.

Comment

While on the topic of pickpocketing questions. If a person learns pickpocketing from another player do they get palm or just pickpocketing?

Used to know the answer to this.

Comment

Originally posted by hereagain View Post
                While on the topic of pickpocketing questions. If a person learns pickpocketing from another player do they get palm or just pickpocketing?

Used to know the answer to this.
                They gain palm. I just did this a few months ago.

Comment

Only if you learn with General Skill Points (GSP) though. If you learn with old pickpocketing SP you only gain the basics.

Comment

Thank you for the answers.

Comment

Working...
                    X