Announcement

Collapse

Multiple Downtimes for All Games [Updated: Rest of Phase 1 Times]

Unfortunately, the whole computing world is facing a major crisis right now thanks to Intel and other major processors missing critical security flaws in their architecture. As a result, our ISP is doing a set of emergency updates to all of their hardware. We are getting about a day's notice on this, and we're told that they're going to need to patch each machine multiple times, which very inconveniently means multiple downtimes.

Our TEC and GR games have always been the most vulnerable to downtime, so I'm going to take the care to cleanly shutdown and restart those.

GR: Sunday, Midnight (all times are PT) DONE
TEC: Monday, 10PM

Expect the games to go down 10 minutes before the downtime, to be safe.

The other games tend to be cleaner, so I'm going to let them restart on their own:

Lovecraft: Monday, 9PM
Lazarus: Monday, 9PM
Web Site: Monday, 11PM [this will affect all logins & usage of the new TEC client]
TEC Client: Tuesday, 9PM
USERDB (site login): Tuesday night, midnight

The upgrade windows have all been less than 30 minutes to date, so you can expect games and/or services will be back up within 35-40 minutes of the hour.

I believe this is now a complete list of the first phase of updates, but there will be a second in the near future.

Shannon
See more
See less

Coma Ward Suggestion - Tithe

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coma Ward Suggestion - Tithe

While it's nice that the Acolytes can rouse from a coma now sometimes they're not around for the entire duration of a coma.
    I suggest that a new ability be added to the coma ward that allows players to pay a "Donation" or tithe to have a character roused early. This should only be availible to someone other than the coma victim. Perhaps have a tiered pricing structure that "bumps" the victim up on the priests rounds.
    Example:
    No tithe - 48 hours
    Insignificant tithe - 100 denars - 1 hour off coma time
    Minor Tithe - 500 denars - 5 hours off coma time
    Small Tithe - 1000 denars - 10 hours off coma time
    Large Tithe - 2000 denars - 20 hours off coma time
    Generous Tithe - 5t - 40 hours off coma time
    Extremely Generous Tithe - 10t - Near instant coma revival.

Coma sickness would still be applied after the character is roused but it would allow a player who has friends the ability to get back into the world and RP the coma sickness instead of just a no-fun 48 hour no-play time.

Acolytes would still be able to make their rounds as usual.
Working...
X