Hoplite synergy skillset

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hoplite synergy skillset

I would like to see created a Hoplite Skillset, that is simply a synergy to the current spear damage, and the current stance from spears, to be put into the skillset,with other skills like this...

Hoplite Stance
    Hoplite Spear Jab
    Hoplite SPear Stab
    Hoplite Spear Overhead thrust
    Hoplite Shield bash
    Hoplite Shield rim bash
    Hoplite Mastery (Gives cineran blademastery, crit bonus to all hoplite attacks)

Each of these skills in the skillset, gives the same bonus at rank 100, on each one, that the Stab and Twist in pardelian gives to stab and jab... but for all the moves on the hoplite skillset, so it's simply a synergy, to increase damage, since really currently hoplites suck.

In other words, simply put... instead of Pardelian Stab and twist,

The legion or the Cult of Ereal hoplites, like with Parlin, he could have a trainer to teach this synergy to the Cult of Ereal hoplites... only.

IT's basically stab and twist damage bonus, put into the moves that you rank to 100 in this skillset, made 4th slot if you were spears, acms, shields, hoplite

A hoplite ought to be able to stand against a whipper, since neither have weapon blocks....

And be equal..

for the time and energy to train another skillset, it should be slightly better than spears, so that in combat, you could beat a spearsman, in the dummy room, with same skill ranks, plus the 100 synergies completed, every time.

Comment

Isn't there already a hoplite stance?

Comment

There were changes to make hoplites suck now?
        Also hoplites already have it pretty easy against whips especially if you know brawling.

Comment

Originally posted by lykatos View Post
          There were changes to make hoplites suck now?
          That a real question or trying to inform me that there were changes? If a question, I was unaware of any changes but don't follow it closely.

Comment

Originally posted by yezrah7 View Post
            The legion or the Cult of Ereal hoplites, like with Parlin, he could have a trainer to teach this synergy to the Cult of Ereal hoplites... only.
            Parlin isn't a hoplite. Nor does Parlin use a spear.
            Fact is... there are no cult of ereal hoplites.

Comment

Tried to push for this a very long time ago... before the hoplite stance was even around

http://forum.skotos.net/forum/our-ga...fighting-style

Granted at least now there are enough moves to be used one-handed with a shield, just not as interesting. I would hope hoplite stance gives a bonus to these one-handed attacks and maybe shield skills, but I've never tested it as I havn't had a spearman in ages

Comment

Originally posted by ToothlessRebel View Post

That a real question or trying to inform me that there were changes? If a question, I was unaware of any changes but don't follow it closely.
                No, I was asking, because the OP made it sound like hoplites weren't viable or were ineffective. As of earlier this ear when I was doing using it, they were amazing (but boring) and the only downside was that you needed brawling to make them really work.

Also the stance gives a bonus to every (spear and shield) attack that can be used while one handed. I'm not sure if the OP has tried it out or understands how it works, but they made it sound like the skillset was nerfed.

Comment

the guy wants to do a lot of stuff, and request a lot of stuff, that's already in the game, and available for doing.

Comment

Originally posted by ArchMagi View Post
                    the guy wants to do a lot of stuff, and request a lot of stuff, that's already in the game, and available for doing.
                    I thought he meant moves to go along with the ones he listed? But rereading it you could be right because everything he listed is in game and the "mastery" by description is pretty much hoplite stance since it gives bonuses to those moves.... so yep

Comment

Working...
                    X