No announcement yet.

Shield Edge Bash

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You actually can get help in game, and you know it, as you yourself have received help in game, even on mechanics. It just depends on who you ask. You ask someone known for being a dingus, you'll get dingus answers, but there are plenty of people who are happy to help people.

Comment

Originally posted by ArchMagi View Post
      You actually can get help in game, and you know it, as you yourself have received help in game, even on mechanics. It just depends on who you ask. You ask someone known for being a dingus, you'll get dingus answers, but there are plenty of people who are happy to help people.
      Of course, there are plenty of people willing to help. I also know that most people have been around and recycled many times, so if you generally ask someone randomly (like I do whenever I have an ooc) theres a high chance that they have an answer or a way to figure out the answer. I also have the advantage of time-> Im off work until the 14th of this month, so I can literally just wait online for hours and hours and hours. Not everybody has that chance.

This dude he is trying to offend started his forum account in 2017. Im going to assume he is relatively new, or at least making a serious attempt to play. I think I originally joined these forums in 2012, and I've been playing since like 2000, because I finally got serious and wanted some questions answered or had ideas to spread.

I read the thread just because I wanted to learn the information myself. Had it been presented neutrally, I never would have doubted his words at all. Instead, he was actively trying to be offensive and it rubbed me the wrong way. Im not even part of the dang question!
      I literally logged out and read every single update page posted by the gms just because of his remarks. If it pissed me off, how do you think it made the OP feel? Or anyone new and trying to figure things out on their own?

Comment

From all my reading of the blade mastery pages, i think it applies to all CUT / STAB dmg...

Comment

the guy who said, it ought to only work for knives, i think that's a stupid idea... i think it's great for TWO HANDED AXES! MUWAHAHAHHA

Maybe you can ditch Whips though.. other than that... Hey why not?

*EDIT*

Ok I will edit my posts from now own like this...

HEY! I got a question...

FOOTSTOMP

Does it still knock down everytime? Or does willpower have a chance to resist the temptation to fall down?

I miss the oldschool STUN EVERYTIME headshots and saps, and knock downs...

That was fun.
          Last edited by yezrah7; 08-07-2017, 07:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by extraha View Post

Second post crying about someone answering questions while not contributing anything to the thread.

I'm terribly sorry that I hurt your feelings. Instead of providing -anything- you're just posting to argue or to honor some liberal "defend the little man" sensibilities. Whatever buddy. I'm done. I'm sure you'll have another full page reply so you can feel like you've won. It isn't like you have much else to do. Have fun!

Comment

Hey Yezrah7, instead of multiposting, can you put all your thoughts that you have within the space of a few minutes, that are in the same thread, into one post? If you've already hit post reply, just hit the little edit button, and add it to your first post? Thanks bud.

Comment

Originally posted by yezrah7 View Post
                From all my reading of the blade mastery pages, i think it applies to all CUT / STAB dmg...
                It applies to all cut and pierce damage for the weapons it applies to.

Originally posted by Celtor View Post
                Latest news

Message 491 on *news:
                To: *news
                When: 1:44 am, Tuesday, November 01, 2005
                Subject: Tweaks
                ---
                Linen belts with bronze buckles will no longer provide better protection than a waistguard.

The trait Blade Mastery will no longer affect actions where you are not able to control your blade/cutting-edge enough to demonstrate such mastery, in addition to actions which do not involve a blade at all. This includes, but is not limited to, all whip attacks, archery attacks, unarmed combat attacks and thrown items.

Bronze waistguards have been fixed. More weight, better protection.

Bronze galeri have been fixed. More weight, better protection, and the ability to be worn with the correct array of clothing.
                ---
                If there were any changes, after this... they haven't been posted.

Comment

FOOTSTOMP

Does it still knock down everytime? Or does willpower have a chance to resist the temptation to fall down?
                  No. It knocks down less if you're wielding a weapon as well. This was to give some advantage to brawlers using a brawling move. Everybody knew foot stomp and it gave every weapon a knockdown move. Now it's less common, but still widely used. Knee break is actually better if you're thinking of going with a gladius, especially Pardelian.

From Japes on 13 Aug 2013:

- Chance of foot stomp causing a fall is reduced if the attacker is wielding a
                  weapon, and if the attacker is wielding a shield. Both penalties are
                  cumulative.

Comment

Originally posted by lykatos View Post
                    Blade mastery was changed to only work with "weapons where you could control the cutting surface". Nothing more detailed was ever really explained. Then later on Tale only listed knives when someone else asked about it. But with just about anything mechanics related in the game, you'll rarely get a straight or correct answer from a GM. Of course unless it gives you an advantage... then it will be nerfed.

As far as new changes, none have been announced since Japes left, and they only real changes are usually accidental ones due to the code being cleaned up or modified.
                    Ok Bro...

That is very very important for me to know...

Where did Tale say it works with knives, and does it work for knives only?

If so, I have built a character completely useless, because I created a gladsmen with hand of fate and cineran blade mastery...

I do not want to waste blade mastery, it's better for me to start over now as a kniver, than to use blademastery with a gladius if it doesn't work and that's why it's very important someone gives me the answer about this, because I don't want to waste my time, building this gladsmen, when blade mastery doesn't work for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Ultimatius View Post
                      anything that is bladed, Rivak. Unfortunately you have to be strictly cineran to use it....

so yes, the gladius is bonused up by blade mastery.

This is what ULTIMATIUS said, on another post in the list of posts about Cineran Blade Mastery.

Comment

That is very very important for me to know...

If so, I have built a character completely useless, because I created a gladsmen with hand of fate and cineran blade mastery...

I do not want to waste blade mastery, it's better for me to start over now as a kniver, than to use blademastery with a gladius if it doesn't work and that's why it's very important someone gives me the answer about this, because I don't want to waste my time, building this gladsmen, when blade mastery doesn't work for him.
                        Eh, you either want to play the character or not. Does this trait really make that much of a difference?

Originally posted by yezrah View Post
                        Where did Tale say it works with knives, and does it work for knives only?
                        He very well may have SAID it. Perhaps while standing around in the WA. The quote he provided was from the IG forms, and can still be accessed. Celtor either typed the message ID incorrectly or they were modified since, but it's there. I would personally trust that lykatos keeps up fairly with these things and is likely correct. If you wish, read the message yourself.

Code:
                        @read 490 on *news

Comment

I replaced my rant with thank you... to the man below who said "you're right" and removed my rant.... for thanks that he agreed.
                          Last edited by yezrah7; 08-10-2017, 12:57 PM.

Comment

You're right. Have a nice day.

Comment

Mechanics aren't the end-all for this game in the slightest. Many of the very best and most effective characters have traits/stats/other crippling mechanisms that, in the end, don't really hold them back at all. I would say the very best things you can do as an RPer is to build a reputation for yourself with your character's behavior, rather than number spam.

However, I do feel there is some secret OOC community of mechanics knowledge, and that shouldn't be. The wiki and forum-search are great back sources, but new posts on forums are often the most accessible way to ask very specific questions. The forums are also the most highly visible way for outsiders to peek into TEC and get a feel for the community.

In the interest of knowledge sharing, my understanding of Blade Mastery is: it applies to slashing damage.

The best way to confirm is to test ourselves. My knowledge of this is about 1-2 years old. If anyone has tested more recently, an update would be appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Elowynn View Post
                                However, I do feel there is some secret OOC community of mechanics knowledge, and that shouldn't be. The wiki and forum-search are great back sources, but new posts on forums are often the most accessible way to ask very specific questions. The forums are also the most highly visible way for outsiders to peek into TEC and get a feel for the community.
                                I think this is by design, misinformation, secrecy and silence from the GMs keeps it this way. A lot of things are easy enough to test, and others are impossible outside of throwing a bunch of numbers and building a theory around it. When the Wiki was announce I thought that would be the end of it... but nope.

Comment

Working...
                                X