Comatose (How to get out of it?)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comatose (How to get out of it?)

How do you get out of comatose? Back in the old days, you could use a LUCK! Point and if you were in the ward, and used a LUCK! point, it would make you wake up.

This time, i was in the ward, and I used a luck point! And it said, "My miraculous twist of fate," WHICH WASTED MY LUCK POINT! Because, I was already admitted to the ward, and all that luck point did, was admit me to the ward again, wasting a luck point!

So, I don't understand how to wake up from comatose anymore, because being admitted, if you use a luckpoint, it only WASTES THEM, and makes you admit yourself again, again again, again, no matter how many you use, it admits you to the ward again, so I lost out on RP'S and lost out on LUCK POINTS by wasting them, trying to wake up from comatose.

Annoying new mechanic, really....

As far as I'm aware you're incorrect. It never ended the coma early, but would get you to a coma ward where you would recover.

The way to get out of it is one of the following:
    1. Wait 48 hours.
    2. Luckily have a player acolyte notice you and perform the correct ritual.

Also, this is one of the things that's pretty easily found. Try
    Code:
    ?coma
    , and it'll tell you this. It'll also tell you about
    Code:
    @coma-time
    Last edited by ToothlessRebel; 08-09-2017, 07:14 PM. Reason: Add in the obvious.

Comment

Ok, I guess I was wrong... I just dont' remember it ever taking 48 hours... from back in like year 2000 and before that.... I thought you could LUCK out of it.

Comment

Don't be alarmed when your character is all screwy upon waking either. There is a coma sickness time that is roughly equivalent to the amount of time the character was comatose. It can be pretty severe, lack of strength (like you can't carry more than 10-15 pounds at first) and the loss of the ability to think or hear thoughts.

Comment

You most certainly used to be able to use a Luck! point to recover from a coma. That was changed some time back. Unfortunately as well, since you used multiple luck points you will have to coordinate with a GM to get your items back. The first luck! would bring you there with your stuff. Now that you used another luck! point when you were naked it's going to register that as you having no gear/items. So when you ask for your stuff you will get nothing back. Be cautious and I'd send a GM a message now rather than later.

Comment

You can either wait it out, or stay logged in, and an acolyte from bright hope will come wake you up.

Comment

Comas weren't out in 2000, you could luck back from death.

Comment

Originally posted by lykatos View Post
                Comas weren't out in 2000, you could luck back from death.
                I know in the early 2000's sometime, there was luck! from comatose... like Zenrai said... but yea.. .

All I know is..

I woke up

AND I DIDN"T GET MY GEAR BACK, just like Zenrai said..

Zenrai, seeing as you had this problem already..

Did the GM give your gear back? are they able to find the gear?

OR do i have to give them a full list of missing items?

I had some borrowed gear.... so i really need to get it back.

Comment

Ask the coma ward attendant for your gear back. If they don't have it, it's possible someone stole it off your wrecked half dead semi-corpse before donating you to Hospice as a science project.

Comment

Originally posted by Elowynn View Post
                    Ask the coma ward attendant for your gear back. If they don't have it, it's possible someone stole it off your wrecked half dead semi-corpse before donating you to Hospice as a science project.
                    I'm 100% certain no one looted me, because I had people I trust that were near my corpse...

I got nothing back from the attendant.... the sack was empty.

Comment

LOOK AT THIS.... something happened to my stats???? It said this earlier today....

Health Points: 110/127 Fatigue: 51% State: conscious

Load: 22 lbs.
                      Encumbrance: You are bearing a moderate load.

Position: standing

Attributes:
                      Agility: fairly good Appearance: slightly below average
                      Charisma: very poor Dexterity: very good
                      Empathy: below average Endurance: above average
                      Judgement: slightly above average Memory: slightly above average
                      Perception: good Reasoning: average
                      Speed: exceptional Strength: slightly below average
                      Willpower: fairly good

NOW IT SAYS THIS...... What in the hey?

Health Points: 127/127 Fatigue: 32% State: conscious

Load: 22 lbs.
                      Encumbrance: You are bearing a moderate load.

Position: laying

Attributes:
                      Agility: very poor Appearance: slightly below average
                      Charisma: very poor Dexterity: very poor
                      Empathy: below average Endurance: very poor
                      Judgement: slightly above average Memory: slightly above average
                      Perception: good Reasoning: average
                      Speed: very poor Strength: very poor
                      Willpower: fairly good

Comment

My stats, were fine.... even after waking from comatose... until all the sudden, now they say this

Comment

To prove something is strange, it says I have VERY POOR ENDURANCE, and 127 hp... that's impossible.. .something is faulty with my char stats sheet.

Comment

This is what I was warning you about. It'll be pretty severe at first, then it will level off in a day or so. Getting put in a coma sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by yezrah7 View Post
                              To prove something is strange, it says I have VERY POOR ENDURANCE, and 127 hp... that's impossible.. .something is faulty with my char stats sheet.
                              Use "help coma" in game to learn more about your situation.

Comment

Working...
                              X