Attribute Caps

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attribute Caps

Did the stat caps change sometime in the past few years?

I am 99.9% sure that I bought all possible attribute increases for one of my characters, and trained them to the maximum (200/200). At some point, those stat descriptors changed from "inhuman" to "outstanding," but I was under the impression that the actual numbers didn't change, so I assumed they were still maxed out.

However, I notice today that I am able to buy additional increases for Agility, Strength, and Dexterity, which I thought were already maxed out.

yes they did, outstanding is the new inhuman, with exceptional being the former phenominal, the values are the same, there's also great now, instead of exceptional. Nothing changed, other than the wording, as it was viewed as "ooc" to be inhuman.

Comment

Irisa - nice to see you around.

I am not aware of any raising of the 200 cap for stats. I would not trust the Story-Point attribute purchasing menu - my gut feeling is that is letting you purchase raises that will not be (or would improperly be) applied to your character. The Role-Point purchasing menu seems to still be an indicator of whether you have reached the cap.

Post something if you test differently? Mucho gracias.

Comment

From what I understand they added caps to your max stats now. So that might be what you're seeing. Not everyone is capable of outstanding anymore, so that cap might be where you would have been stuck if you hadn't passed it before the changes.

Comment

I have just had this same issue. I had maxed dex until I recently attempted to put rps into it to check and managed to add an additional 17 increases and about 23 into willpower. However when I try to run the courses it tells me I’m already capped.

i have put in a report And awaiting an answer. It was confirmed by a GM that there is an issue though but it was above his skills.

Comment

Take a look at this. It may clear up some of the confusion.

http://forum.skotos.net/forum/our-ga...77#post1720877
            Game Master Sceadu

Comment

How do stat skills work with this? If I get 90 in grip, do I still have very good dex if I have a trait that should lower my dex? or will I be at very good minus my trait penalty?

Also so I understand the ranks going up to Very Good, Great, Exceptional, and Outstanding - and I would have assumed phenominal and inhuman are next. But I have a "remarkable" stat. What in the world is that? Also I have 3 stats with a trait bonuses and penalties, but the word values didn't change, is this likely because the trait bonuses and penalties are too small to move the word levels?

Comment

Thanks for clearing this up Sceadu. As per my report there is still an issue on the courses though. I have a stat that's not outstanding which i recently put 20+ points in and each pass tells me that i'm already maxed.

Comment

Dexterity: remarkable

Woot

Comment

Hrm, I'm not sure exactly how things changed.

If I had a stat at 200 before (maxed fro what I could purchase). Which also had say, a +10 bonus from a trait, which of the following is now true:

1) I'm currently at 210 (remarkable)
                    2) I'm currently at 200 (remarkable's new starting point?) but can purchase 10 more potential increases and then course them
                    3) I'm currently at 200 but have a potential of 210 and can course them
                    4) Something else

What's throwing me off, is that there does seem to have been a change, but maybe by 1-2 points. Which doesn't make sense for a "Significant bonus" according to the trait.

Also do the three chosen word-descriptors made during char-gen also affect the shift from the base?

In other words if you chose say "stout" "enduring" and "solid" would each of these possibly give a bonus/penalty in addition to traits? If so is there any way to recall what was chosen?

Comment

2) I'm currently at 200 (remarkable's new starting point?) but can purchase 10 more potential increases and then course them

But if you manage to run the courses and get a successful increase let me know because I cant.

Comment

Originally posted by Syden View Post

But if you manage to run the courses and get a successful increase let me know because I cant.
                        oh, well... good and bad I suppose now I gotta pay again to get rp's and buy attribute points.... I see your ploy GM's!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Syden View Post

Using Sceadu's examples I understood the opposite. You only could pass 200 (or "10") to overcome a negative trait. if you had a positive trait you didn't need to use as many rps to reach 200. (eg at 180 + trait you were now 200).

The only time he talks about going above "10" is if you're overcoming a negative trait.

"Same character, now with an 8 base and reached a true 8 in agility, purchases enough potential to 10 and actually trains agility up to 10. So now they’re 10/10. That 10 gets run through the code that figures in traits and other factors and it returns an 8. That character could then go and increase that base to 12 to overcome whatever negative trait it was that was holding them back."
                          Originally posted by urek23
                          On a scale from spawning-monsters-is-an-event to three-armors-fit-in-a-sack-on-purpose, how useless am I?

Fixed12345

Comment

I had max dex and can now purchase 39... this should be interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by jkidd View Post

Using Sceadu's examples I understood the opposite. You only could pass 200 (or "10") to overcome a negative trait. if you had a positive trait you didn't need to use as many rps to reach 200. (eg at 180 + trait you were now 200).

The only time he talks about going above "10" is if you're overcoming a negative trait.

"Same character, now with an 8 base and reached a true 8 in agility, purchases enough potential to 10 and actually trains agility up to 10. So now they’re 10/10. That 10 gets run through the code that figures in traits and other factors and it returns an 8. That character could then go and increase that base to 12 to overcome whatever negative trait it was that was holding them back."
                              Yeah, but with the changes, you can now hit 10 then the bonus from the traits and other things will push you further. While you can hit 10 with the negative traits, but the penalty will drop you below that. Or at least that's what I got from it.

Comment

Working...
                              X