Attribute Caps

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ciaran View Post

Stun duration is related to willpower... not STR/END. Willpower also dramatically reduces wincers, in fact for that reason. Willpower might secretly be the most op stat in the game.
    Yeah I think it's also supposed to help reduce the threshold of getting stunned at all from moves like sap/faceslash, but even with this stat high and getting a willpower bonus from blessings or shrines, it honestly doesn't seem to do much. I definitely wouldn't consider it OP, though even with those two bonuses I'm basing my observatiion on around 200 willpower and not 230 or something so maybe it becomes more obvious that high.

Comment

Stun duration is related to willpower... not STR/END. Willpower also dramatically reduces wincers, in fact for that reason. Willpower might secretly be the most op stat in the game.
      Thanks for the info!

I wonder if it is possible to min/max roll a character for + hit like percept and dex, or the speed/str builds. I know the cookie cutter, but now I'm interested to see if others have done a Presence of Mind/Focus/Vitality setup with something like Finesse or Berserker.

Sorry to you super PvP spreadsheet folks - I find this interesting because I have not done PvP in any real story since 2000
      TEC Discord Link!

VOTE FOR TEC!

Originally posted by Dyro
      "Good RP is consistency."

Originally posted by Cloudy
      "Shiloboy wins.
      Fatality.
      Keep up the good work."

Comment

Originally posted by Ilkilyn View Post

Yeah I think it's also supposed to help reduce the threshold of getting stunned at all from moves like sap/faceslash, but even with this stat high and getting a willpower bonus from blessings or shrines, it honestly doesn't seem to do much. I definitely wouldn't consider it OP, though even with those two bonuses I'm basing my observatiion on around 200 willpower and not 230 or something so maybe it becomes more obvious that high.

No one cares about the being stunned part of it. The fact you can face tank a game ending wincer critical, with the right rank in willpower+athletic and keep trucking in a 1v1 is what makes it rather strong. Even Ciaran without athletic barely notices the affect of some wincers that use to make him sit in an room for 3 days.

In fact, to be honest. The stun reduction is almost useless for anything outside of certain NPCs and actually needs massive buff. But, it's TEC combat and nothings ever going to change so, that's not going to happen.

Comment

TEC combat and nothings ever going to change so, that's not going to happen.
          War. War never changes.

Comment

Actually war constantly evolves. Today we can accurately aim a missile to the head of a quarter using a satellite or drone. Two hundred years ago we were standing in lines and firing at each other. Four hundred years ago we were hitting each other with swords. 3000 years ago we were throwing spears at each other. Completely off topic but just thought I'd add that.

Comment

Originally posted by herdias View Post
              Actually war constantly evolves. Today we can accurately aim a missile to the head of a quarter using a satellite or drone. Two hundred years ago we were standing in lines and firing at each other. Four hundred years ago we were hitting each other with swords. 3000 years ago we were throwing spears at each other. Completely off topic but just thought I'd add that.
              The ways we kill each other changes, not war. The phrase means there will always be war and we will never learn from it.

but back to caps, I feel like with the stat skills basically at one point making everyone roll strength/endurance and just spending a couple thousand sp to basically almost be even with people who rolled speed/dex the cap change was needed..before dumping 12k or so rps into strength and hp my speed/dex char basically had minimal possible advantages. Strength has always been a stat I considered a secondary priority but I do love that my character can carry more now and do a bit more damage.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyril View Post

The ways we kill each other changes, not war. The phrase means there will always be war and we will never learn from it.

but back to caps, I feel like with the stat skills basically at one point making everyone roll strength/endurance and just spending a couple thousand sp to basically almost be even with people who rolled speed/dex the cap change was needed..before dumping 12k or so rps into strength and hp my speed/dex char basically had minimal possible advantages. Strength has always been a stat I considered a secondary priority but I do love that my character can carry more now and do a bit more damage.
                As someone who continuously sees Crits "Not enough power" "Try again with that wet noodle weapon" "Enemy falls over laughing at your weak attempt" I cannot wait to do the courses a few times and bump up that stat.
                TEC Discord Link!

VOTE FOR TEC!

Originally posted by Dyro
                "Good RP is consistency."

Originally posted by Cloudy
                "Shiloboy wins.
                Fatality.
                Keep up the good work."

Comment

Originally posted by Shiloboy View Post

I wonder if it is possible to min/max roll a character for + hit like percept and dex, or the speed/str builds. I know the cookie cutter, but now I'm interested to see if others have done a Presence of Mind/Focus/Vitality setup with something like Finesse or Berserker.

Sorry to you super PvP spreadsheet folks - I find this interesting because I have not done PvP in any real story since 2000

+ dex builds are very strong right now. You can PM me if you have questions with trait combo information.

Comment

Working...
                  X