Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bump.

Comment

Perhaps adding GROUP attack mechanics to the game? I understand the whole multiple approached makes it easier to hit etc, but perhaps some mechanically more potent attacks that you can ONLY do with other people (like Pardelian has an attack that can only be done when two people in pardelian stance are engaging a target). I don't know, but thinking creatively about this subject might be something that needs to be done. Rather than telling us why you can't do things that are suggested perhaps you should think about some other way to get a similar impact on the game play. Maybe MORE spawns isn't the answer. Maybe the answer is something completely different that gets to a similar result?
      Top Mud Sites - http://bit.ly/VoteTEC
      Mud Connector - http://bit.ly/TECMudCon
      Vote daily!

Comment

As it is the spawn rate in the Traevant is massively high, turn it down a hair. make the underground open and group combat maybe no more traps
        The Brotherhood of Traevant-Medivh Server

Traevant Militia First Speaker

Jerkface

Comment

Originally posted by Elowynn View Post
          Hi Tale/Pranzor/staff that worked on adjusting hunting areas to have spawn rate increase with number of player chars in it - thanks very much. I just want to offer some feedback, after months of trying to experience these places with characters of various combat ability. TLDR: I think Franlius and possibly BHC as well needs to be adjusted to spawn slightly less.

My experience:
          Two Docks-level characters in BHC = ok, but rough. Too much spawn to loot at all. When we want to loot, we make a dedicated effort to do it at the end and have a bit of a tricky time leaving.
          Three Docks-level characters + one NE-Fran level character in BHC = doable, but very rough, and the one NE-Fran level character seems to be a burden to us rather than a help. This is something I think we should avoid, as we we should encourage high level characters to want to spend time with characters less combat capable than they, right?

Approximately similar experience in the Franlius docks.

Places like the Traevant, the Oaks, RV seem like they could benefit from more spawn.

I love that the spawn increases for the # of peeps in it. But I think a slight tweak for less spawn would be great so that it's not an overwhelming spar anytime we want to bring a couple of less-experienced friends along.
          I have to agree with this. Tone down Franlius a notch please.
          Not much though.

Comment

I agree with Kered. I was in the Traevent solo the other day and there was 15+ baddies by the time I finished the first pack.

Comment

Too easy....Too hard... Never happy...

Why are you soloing in a group hunting ground? Sounds like it is too easy still.
              TRproclaim power!

Originally posted by Armataan
              Did I just get told Synodia was a better RPed character than Culexus?
              Originally posted by Bucaria
              The player of Synodia should be made a GM, he seems to have no favorites and hates everyone equally.

Comment

I truly enjoy the craziness of the docks, it adds some excitement when you start getting swarmed and have to retreat. It has never been to dangerous except for when my internet died and I got knocked out and the time several of the marines ended up being PNPCS and came down when we retreated and laid down lol.

Comment

I cannot solo the docks or bhc nor would I try. I stopped going to Fran because Iím dock bound and not interested anymore.
                  The Brotherhood of Traevant-Medivh Server

Traevant Militia First Speaker

Jerkface

Comment

Originally posted by mikeand View Post

Why are you soloing in a group hunting ground? Sounds like it is too easy still.
                    quoted for truth.

Comment

Originally posted by Kered View Post
                      Please no more fire breathing goats that take out ten people at once thanks!
                      I disagree whole-heartedly. If there is one SIMPLE thing this game needs, it would be more fire breathing goats.
                      Originally posted by Marren
                      YOU CAN'T HIDE CRAZY WITH MAKEUP, I PROMISE YOU.

Comment

Originally posted by mikeand View Post

I play at work and may need to quit at any time, or at home and have 4 kids any may need to quit at any time. I gave up trying to hunt in groups a long time ago as I'd be that guy who sleeps as soon as you all get out there and then wakes up 2 hours later once everyone's done. Because of this I haven't been to Franlius in over a RL year since I'm locked out of the other 4 areas and the docks is too hard to solo.

Comment

plenty of places to hunt by yourself, Ilkilyn, group hunting grounds are for groups, more challenging to provide fun for multiple people, solo grounds are good fun for people who can't manage to be with groups. Like all of Rock valley, those barbarians, and lions and stuff, good fun.

Comment

Originally posted by ArchMagi View Post
                            plenty of places to hunt by yourself, Ilkilyn, group hunting grounds are for groups, more challenging to provide fun for multiple people, solo grounds are good fun for people who can't manage to be with groups. Like all of Rock valley, those barbarians, and lions and stuff, good fun.
                            yeah I spent the first 5 years of Gydon in Rock Valley, I'm pretty burnt out of the whole place. My point though was answering the "why are you trying to solo a group hunting ground". That's why. Because I've done everything else I can alone. I wander to the BHC alone because I'm like f-it never going to be able to go otherwise, so might as well try. I'm also still wondering why people are surprised solo people want to do Franlius ... it's an item mall... I have to kill Franlius mobs to be able to use it Otherwise I have to buy armbands at 25 talents for 300 or overpay for the items themselves. Such is the price of being a solo player I hear you saying. Yeah, I hear you. Simply answering why.

Comment

You know there's more than combat to get rep for the franlius item mall... you can give them stuff instead of killing people, so you can make use of it that way, yeah it takes longer, but it doesn't require a group. And the stuff you give, is generally free... except tailored items, that's just dumb, and super expensive, for almost no rep.

Comment

Originally posted by ArchMagi View Post
                                except tailored items, that's just dumb, and super expensive, for almost no rep.
                                Except it's something to do with practice tailor items, so the Aux and/or dumps are not inundated with plain homespun hair ribbons and pouches.

But yes, collecting suitable items like player-skinned meat, player-caught fish, etc is definitely the 'fasted' and 'cheapest' way to gain rep in Franlius if you're not a woodsman, healer or locksmith. Donating player-made weapons and foraged roots also work (usually required woodsy skills, but not necessarily if you find a big pile of them somewhere), or donating your time do to healing missions in Franlius, or helping to retrieve POWs if you're a locksmith grant rep as well, however.

Game Master Tale
                                Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad. Creativity is putting tomatoes in a fruit salad to make mango salsa. Philosophy is wondering if that means ketchup is actually a smoothie. Common Sense is knowing that no, ketchup is not a smoothie.

Comment

Working...
                                X