No announcement yet.

Increase Spawn Rate = Encourage Group Hunting

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So after more testing i can definitely say that the balance in Franlius is broken.
    Recent changes don't encourage group hunting in any way.
    It's just as hard to kill cinerans in a group as it is alone.
    If not harder as they are more likely to overrun you as more NPCs spawn with more PCs in the area.
    It's constant retreating from large groups.

Original request was to encourage group hunting.
    I'm sorry to say but the changes done to Franlius failed to accomplish that.
    There's nearly nobody fighting in there, except a few dedicated individuals.
    With so few people in that hunting ground it's difficult to find a hunting partner and thus there's rarely any group hunting at all.
    Tone down spawn rate or increase the rewards, in order to make up for the increase in difficulty.

Comment

I agree, Franlius blows.

Comment

I am glad I m not the only one I stopped going I look forward to tales new death trap at some point
        "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

Comment

Too hot, too cold, too soft, too hard, All I hear is crying
          TRproclaim power!

Originally posted by Armataan
          Did I just get told Synodia was a better RPed character than Culexus?
          Originally posted by Bucaria
          The player of Synodia should be made a GM, he seems to have no favorites and hates everyone equally.

Comment

Itís mild and perfect in new england
            "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

Comment

My recent excursions to Franlius are best summed up like this. "I feel thin, sort of stretched, like butter scraped over too much bread." Otherwise, life is grand. Nice weather in the great state of Washington too.
              Nothing much to say.

Comment

Please read the Minor Changes thread in the Staff News forum for details on the recent changes made to Franlius and the BHC, as well as a few other places and things.

Game Master Tale
                Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad. Creativity is putting tomatoes in a fruit salad to make mango salsa. Philosophy is wondering if that means ketchup is actually a smoothie. Common Sense is knowing that no, ketchup is not a smoothie.

Comment

Originally posted by Tale View Post
                  Please read the Minor Changes thread in the Staff News forum for details on the recent changes made to Franlius and the BHC, as well as a few other places and things.
                  Thanks for all the hard and work and effort you're putting into everything Tale. It does not go unappreciated. I raise a glass of Brother Thelonious to you!
                  Nothing much to say.

Comment

Thank you Tale.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tale View Post

Except it's something to do with practice tailor items, so the Aux and/or dumps are not inundated with plain homespun hair ribbons and pouches.

But yes, collecting suitable items like player-skinned meat, player-caught fish, etc is definitely the 'fasted' and 'cheapest' way to gain rep in Franlius if you're not a woodsman, healer or locksmith. Donating player-made weapons and foraged roots also work (usually required woodsy skills, but not necessarily if you find a big pile of them somewhere), or donating your time do to healing missions in Franlius, or helping to retrieve POWs if you're a locksmith grant rep as well, however.
                      Can someone explain this? Doesn't have to be Tale. I'm generally curious though about some of the changes with outdoors.

Comment

• At the refugee station in the town you can donate those items to an NPC. This grants you reputation in Franlius, and allows you access to recognition in game and special shop items at the Franlius store. These items can be very interesting, like faceplates or vouchers for weapon reforging.

Comment

Working...
                        X