Stats

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stats

This (stat) is as high as you can raise it (and its not inhuman) trying to upgrade it? I assume that each person is allowed only so high based off there set up?
    "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

max is 200 points, or outstanding.
    Max is raised if you have traits that give a plus to that stat.
    max is still 200 points if you have stats that give a penalty to that stat, but you've gotta spend more points to get there.

Comment

I'm outstanding in strenght there isnt any higher now? I feel like there was
      "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

Comment

Only if you have a stat trait like oxes grace to increase it beyond outstanding. It says "significantly improves strength" like nimble feet says " improved agility and speed" that will allow you to take it beyond outstanding ( 200 points ) , which is part of why they changed the wording. It's actually a good change because before those traits had become totally worthless aside from your initial character roll. Now people with stat bonus traits are on top.

Comment

Originally posted by Kered View Post
          I'm outstanding in strenght there isnt any higher now? I feel like there was
          The adjectives were changed. "Outstanding" is now the same value that used to be labeled "Inhuman". The change was made in preparation to the more recent change that allows for things (traits, certain IG substances, etc) to boost you above the old 'Inhuman' (Now 'Outstanding') natural limit. Someone with Ox's Grace and 'maxed' strength will have more strength than someone without the trait with the same strength value - in essence, the trait mods are calculated after your base value, instead of as a part of it like they used to be. This also means that someone with maxed speed and a trait that lowers speed will never be quite as fast as someone without a trait penalty being applied. This allows for more customization of your own stats by choosing traits, making them valuable even after having maxed a stat.

If you previously had a trait giving a bonus to strength, and 'maxed it out', it only allowed you to hit the max, minus the trait mod. So if something gave you +10, you could only train to (Max - 10), since the mod was added as part of your base value. Now you can train to max no matter what, and then the +10 would take effect, giving you a final value of (Max + 10).

So if you had previously 'maxed' a stat witch which you had a trait giving a bonus to it...you'll be able to increase it further (to base max) now.
          Game Master Tale
          Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad. Creativity is putting tomatoes in a fruit salad to make mango salsa. Philosophy is wondering if that means ketchup is actually a smoothie. Common Sense is knowing that no, ketchup is not a smoothie.

Comment

When you have reached the maximum value for a stat, will the courses tell you to stop training?
            [color=dark yellow]Verbal Crushings[/color]
                   &nbsp ;[color=dark yellow]Now Serving #[/color][color=royal blue]7[/color]

Comment

Originally posted by Enlightener View Post
              When you have reached the maximum value for a stat, will the courses tell you to stop training?
              Yes, or move onto the next stat if you have other stats available. You will receive a, "You feel like this course can offer, bah bah bah" once you have used all your points upon new successful finishes

Comment

Working...
              X