Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bearhug

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Bearhug

    When did Bearhug get nerfed...and why? I'm not ranting or anything, I'm just wondering if it was just ridiculously over-powered or something that caused the number of hugs to be limited....
    [color=dark yellow]Verbal Crushings[/color]
           &nbsp ;[color=dark yellow]Now Serving #[/color][color=royal blue]7[/color]



  • #2
    Originally posted by Enlightener View Post
    When did Bearhug get nerfed...and why? I'm not ranting or anything, I'm just wondering if it was just ridiculously over-powered or something that caused the number of hugs to be limited....
    It was ridiculously overpowered. Shizdain crapped on one too many people with it and it got nuked. Such is tec, we live here in nerf town.

    Comment


    • #3
      Can you explain the "overpowerness" of it? Was it the fact you could use it so many times in a row? only?

      I mean, is it still good the same in success and usefulness and all that, but like flickfeint can't be used over and over again or what?

      Can you explain the mechanics of the nerf and the difference between before and after?

      Comment


      • #4
        before you didn't squeeze and release, and have to regrab them, now a bearhug is a waist clasp, but if you bearhug again, while in a waist clasp, you squeeze them, and let them go.

        Comment


        • #5
          Being the person that got it nerfed, I can hopefully clarify exactly how and why it was nerfed.
          Bear hug originally was only avoidable by dodge. There were no shield or weapon blocks for it. If, by some miracle, you were able to complete the grapple while they were still approached, there was a good chance it would succeed. It is now at this point a double edged sword. Both combatants have zero defense against one another. The first person to knee break wins that fight.
          There are now three layers of defense against it, which makes it completely un-viable in any real pvp situation. They have to be berserk against you, and not able to hit you during the duration of the grapple attempt in order to actually land it.
          The other change is that you used to be able to continually squeeze until they broke free. It would do a decent amount of damage and fatigue. Now if you squeeze, it releases them. This wasn't that big of a nerf, as there are still plenty of other ways to damage the opponent once you have a hold of them. You can knee break, head slam or head butt, reverse plummit and get 2 attacks in before that stun ends. Very damaging, but again. Very unlikely to be able to get to this point anymore now that the move is even easier to avoid.
          Hope this answers your question.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Rinduck View Post
            Being the person that got it nerfed, I can hopefully clarify exactly how and why it was nerfed.
            Bear hug originally was only avoidable by dodge. There were no shield or weapon blocks for it. If, by some miracle, you were able to complete the grapple while they were still approached, there was a good chance it would succeed. It is now at this point a double edged sword. Both combatants have zero defense against one another. The first person to knee break wins that fight.
            There are now three layers of defense against it, which makes it completely un-viable in any real pvp situation. They have to be berserk against you, and not able to hit you during the duration of the grapple attempt in order to actually land it.
            The other change is that you used to be able to continually squeeze until they broke free. It would do a decent amount of damage and fatigue. Now if you squeeze, it releases them. This wasn't that big of a nerf, as there are still plenty of other ways to damage the opponent once you have a hold of them. You can knee break, head slam or head butt, reverse plummit and get 2 attacks in before that stun ends. Very damaging, but again. Very unlikely to be able to get to this point anymore now that the move is even easier to avoid.
            Hope this answers your question.
            I think the question here is, how did you manage to get it nerfed when people can just fall back when Ankletrap still only goes against one layer of defense itself and doesnt have a long pause. That's the true question. I'm sensing some bias against your weapon. Then again, you did fatigue the crap out of people with it.

            Comment


            • #7
              The only good thing about ankle trap is that I can land it on anyone but the consequences afterwards? None. You can stand up before my roundtime is up which basically makes the move useless. Make it like sweep where I can knock you down for 6+ seconds and i'll be happy.

              Stop hating on ankle trap, no-one is going around destroying everyone with a whip anymore because they suck.

              /endrant
              .

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Ciaran View Post

                I think the question here is, how did you manage to get it nerfed when people can just fall back when Ankletrap still only goes against one layer of defense itself and doesnt have a long pause. That's the true question. I'm sensing some bias against your weapon. Then again, you did fatigue the crap out of people with it.
                It was nerfed before the addition of backwards rise as a command from the ground. If I could knock someone down with stomp, it was possible to follow it up with a bear hug. Now, all you have to do is backwards rise and you're away from the grapple. The move is completely useless now, outside of fighting NPCs or afk people.

                Ankle trap was OP now it's extremely UP. The GMs don't find a middle ground when they nerf a move, they just hammer it into the ground. It's still useful for group combat though, just not 1v1. Whips are extremely powerful when paired with a companion. Maybe that was the point. Like bows, they're trying to make it a secondary weapon.

                Comment

                Working...
                X