Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How about a way to address permanent bans to certain buildings?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How about a way to address permanent bans to certain buildings?

I'm not one to normally complain, but my character apparently is banned from the auction house. I tried to attend the event and the mechanic at the door prevented me from entering. Couldn't hide and sneak in. Couldn't wear a cover and go by. No constable or player character and bypass it.

My character is 7 years old and I don't remember what would have caused the banning. When I asked for help, I was told that since there is no innkeeper, the ban is permanent. Seriously?

It'd have been nice to participate in an event with so many people, but a stupid mechanic (that a player cannot fix without GM help) kept me from it. Great way to keep people paying, I mean playing.

Hey, if you don't want consequences for your actions, don't do actions that cause them. You probably did something that deserved it, and the fact that you were trying to sneak in, and wear covers to go in, is kinda evidence that you're not the kind of character that wouldn't have caused a problem.

Comment

I know a lot of people got banned for fighting bandit NPCs there. But that was more than 7 years ago.

Comment

That's a horrible reason for being banned, and I'm sorry it wasn't addressed at the time. If that's the actual reason it happened, then I take back my previous comment, if it's not, then it was something else.

Comment

Shop keepers will ban you from shops if you're wearing a face cover and cause trouble. Like how do they know who I am? Now I find that pretty stupid.
          TRproclaim power!

Originally posted by Armataan
          Did I just get told Synodia was a better RPed character than Culexus?
          Originally posted by Bucaria
          The player of Synodia should be made a GM, he seems to have no favorites and hates everyone equally.

Comment

Originally posted by ArchMagi View Post
            That's a horrible reason for being banned, and I'm sorry it wasn't addressed at the time. If that's the actual reason it happened, then I take back my previous comment, if it's not, then it was something else.
            I believe the ban was from an event years ago, which included fighting NPCs. I've gone over all my notes and can't seem to find any other reason. There hasn't been a worthwhile auction in a long time and with all the people that were on, I thought it would be fun to interact with everyone.

I tried the sneaking and the cover after being told "there is no innkeeper so the ban is permanent and will stay". I even offered to RP the situation with whomever to get in. Constables couldn't help and the GMNPC told me to take it up with the city. Just a dumb mechanic.

Comment

Hey, if you don't want consequences for your actions, don't do actions that cause them. You probably did something that deserved it, and the fact that you were trying to sneak in, and wear covers to go in, is kinda evidence that you're not the kind of character that wouldn't have caused a problem.
              What a d*** a** comment.

Comment

The system is automatic and there is not many options to have them addressed, Felisin has been banned from Septima's for many years now... I was banned because I fought off a bunch of NPC's that where spawned by a GM. It makes no sense ingame for Felisin to be banned, but an automatic banning system will do that.
                Tale responds from afar, "Decided to give out t-shirts to all the people I murder. Three so far. This way you can all say, "Tale murdered me! .....and all I got was this stupid t-shirt!!""

Comment

Originally posted by TsunamiJack View Post
                  I'm not one to normally complain, but my character apparently is banned from the auction house. I tried to attend the event and the mechanic at the door prevented me from entering. Couldn't hide and sneak in. Couldn't wear a cover and go by. No constable or player character and bypass it.

My character is 7 years old and I don't remember what would have caused the banning. When I asked for help, I was told that since there is no innkeeper, the ban is permanent. Seriously?

It'd have been nice to participate in an event with so many people, but a stupid mechanic (that a player cannot fix without GM help) kept me from it. Great way to keep people paying, I mean playing.
                  The first course of action should be to file an @report and request that the ban be removed. If the staff member deems it appropriate, then a mini event can be setup to say your apologies and explain your actions. If the NPC accepts the apology, then the ban might be removed, but there is no guarantee. It is unlikely to be addressed by simply posting in the forums when there are specific means (the @report system) of addressing such issues. Also, repeated attempts to enter the establishment when banned is likely to just completely upset those that set the ban and will likely not result in the ban being overturned.

Comment

Working...
                  X