Announcement

Collapse

Downtime Report: Wednesday Night

We had an abrupt and unannounced downtime for all games and services starting sometime after 9pm PT on Wednesday evening. This was due to a massive power outage at our cloud computing facility of the sort that redundant systems are supposed to ensure never happen. After about an hour they were able to diagnose that the power was out. It took a few more hours for them to start restoring service.

At this moment, everything is back up except for Ironclaw and TEC. At the rate they're restoring things, I hope those will be back up in the next 15-30 minutes, but it's entirely in their hands.

As is typically the case with a sudden reboot, TEC and GR have to be rolled back. This is already done with GR. The TEC rollback should be just a few hours due to the more recent backups recently instituted, but I need to get the machine back before I can verify that.

Update: Ironclaw and TEC are now back too. The TEC rollback was 2.5 hours, from 9.30pm PT (when everything crashed) to 7.00 pm PT.
See more
See less

"Top Tier Weapons?"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Top Tier Weapons?"

I was reading a post, and I heard the usage of this phrase regarding PVP and weapon choice, and the idea that some weapons are "Top Tier" or better for PvP than other weapons.

I'm curious which weapons are these supposed better PVP weapons... because, making a new char, of course I want to take advantage of that, until these weapons get their nerfing.

And I do want to know, of the 3 styles of gladius; which style is best for PvP?

Here's the thing about "best" you'd still need to train for years, and have the best stats to ever hope of becoming the best. Current player favorite is staves, but that could change in an hour to be two handed axes, or heaven forbid... brawling...

Best bet, take what you find fun, and become the best in that, rather than worrying about picking the best weapon for pvp, since that could change at a moments notice, and still require a ton of effort to be the best. Meanwhile, if you pick what you find fun, you'll still be having fun.

Comment

For me to pick what i find fun, it would have to be something superior at pvp.... lol.

Comment

Originally posted by yezrah7 View Post
        I was reading a post, and I heard the usage of this phrase regarding PVP and weapon choice, and the idea that some weapons are "Top Tier" or better for PvP than other weapons.

I'm curious which weapons are these supposed better PVP weapons... because, making a new char, of course I want to take advantage of that, until these weapons get their nerfing.

And I do want to know, of the 3 styles of gladius; which style is best for PvP?
        Staves, spears, two hand axes and pard. Honorable mention to OHA and clubs. Every other combat skill set falls into the "balanced against each other" or "lol don't learn that" category.

That's not to say that those weapons can't lose to others, but they generally have more advantages than disadvantages in PvP situations.

Comment

Snowballs are the new top tier.

Comment

actually, snowballs dont even work right.... when I try to Pelt <person> with snowball.... it says, you can't do that.

Comment

it was probably disabled, since christmas is over. Worked yesterday.

Comment

Can I ask about brawling Knee break. Does it leave the character stunned long enough to attack again, before they become unstunned?

and, is the chance of knockdown the same with knee break and stomp?

Random, but on the topic of PvP combat skills.... sorta.

Comment

I feel like giving you bad info, because you seem like a griefer more than a roleplayer, but instead I'll just not give any info.

Comment

That's funny you say that, because just like you think of me, and hate my type, I feel the same about you and your type.... the pansie so-called "roleplayer" who is really a hypocrite, and not a role-player at all, because he gets butt hurt when he gets beat up in the game and looted.

I think you're a griefer because, you keep us who like to take the role-playing side of combat, from having any fun. You grieve me.

Go "Roleplay" somewhere else.

You sound like someone for Castle Marrach.
                    And I'm Grendel's Revenge. :P

I hate the people who made up and choose to use the word "griefer" really....
                    and most the people who you would call to be griefers, I think make the gameworld fun.

If you dont like "Griefers" you should get some friends in game, and role-play go kick their A$#

And you know who I miss.... Eddie playing on his hunter blowing his horn from the Toga roof, and Taci.... Yes, Taci.... Lol.

And, Thryn always making bandit chars... I miss that player too.

People who use the word griefer, act like they ride a high-horse on "roleplaying" and complain when combatant roleplaying happens to them.... and call those players "Griefers"

Look what happen to Jesus Christ.... This is just the reality we live in buddy... I don't care how non-combatant you are.....

I mean, aren't you the guy talking about RL Short bows damage ability on the archery forum in mechanics, But you can't handle RL pricks, punks, thugs, brutes, gangs, and bandits.... and grievances?

You want to talk about RL short bow, but dont like RL grievances.... it's part of life, accept it.

Comment

I edited my last comment to rant a little more. P.S. I dont hate you ArchMagi.... I probably have played with you before in game and want you to stay around and enjoy TEC with me forever.... for real.

I just want to know what moves are good for banditry; that's why I was asking about stomp and kneebreak mechanics.

But yea.. I never really like those people who use the word "Griefer"

I don't know how some people just "role-play" and care nothing about the combat system in this game, and using it to break faces..... that's the funnest part... I feel bad for these whine babies who get beat up and have to sit in the cold baths for a few days, or lose their precious items they spent rps on....

But ICly speaking, you beat up people everyday in the game, and steal their gear.... everytime you kill a bandit or go to the treehouse... you're doing the same thing....

It's just role-playing from the opposing side of the fight.... so don't cry when it happens to you...

I'm sure there's lots of sad bandits that you killed their friend... so... yea... Karma.

If anyone doesn't deserve Karma in game right now, it's probably Parlin.

Comment

Oh... and if I can "abuse" weapon mechanics, by choosing "over-powered" weapons to help my combatant style roleplaying...

Yes, I will do it....

If I'm creating a character that thrives on fighting, and lives or dies by whether he succeeds in the fight or not....

I'm going to use the IC and OOC info I know about weapons, when choosing one for my character.

When you get ko'ed by a bandit or thug, you might lose some gear, but if the bandit or thug gets ko'd by you, he will lose his head.

Actulaly, banditry is the most costly role-play in the entire game..... You should praise people who create bandit characters, and thug characters, because they add an element to the gameworld, that costs them the loss of lots of days and hours of playing.... and lots of RL energy; is often put to death...

When you cry babies who use the word "Griefer" never really die... and keep living on to complain about getting assaulted.

Comment

Originally posted by yezrah7 View Post
                          Oh... and if I can "abuse" weapon mechanics, by choosing "over-powered" weapons to help my combatant style roleplaying...

Yes, I will do it....

If I'm creating a character that thrives on fighting, and lives or dies by whether he succeeds in the fight or not....

I'm going to use the IC and OOC info I know about weapons, when choosing one for my character.

[...]
                          If you had some insight on a pvp build, sure, you'd use it. But you don't. You're asking. And what you're asking isn't going to have an obvious answer, nor can it, because what gives a combat advantage is exploiting an area no one is prepared for. You're going to have to come up with your own idea, do your own testing, and take the dive and selftrain.

Take for example the bandit player you admire -- he knows more about TEC mechanics than the GM's. You won't find forum post started by him asking "what's the best-est weapon." But I do remember hearing sounds of fighting coming from his inn room when he was testing. Either that or sparring, it was a while ago. Or gay sex.

An IC example, the bandit that popularized CKF - Faceslash. The character likely selftrained the move and took advantage of it and the rest of the gameworld had to catch up. You can find his final combat ranks on these forums- a proof that personal initiative wins PvP.

I know I sound like I'm not sympathetic to your question. There are very few players who are still active with TEC, with PvP, even fewer who still browse these forums. You won't find the next "beat-all" in a forum post, but you may find a few helpful hints in the archived posts. End of the day you have to come up with your own idea, but you might be able to politely coax a few simple answers from the knowledgeable players that remain.
                          Signature.

Comment

It's not about wanting to be good at combat, really it isn't, it's about a sum total of everything you've posted over the past several months, and the questions you've asked about the game. Then getting bent out of shape when what you want added, either already exists, or will never exist due to other things in game that fill the role. Take for example your questions about pickpocketing, nobody generally answers forum posts about the mechanics of stealing, since stealing is something nobody likes having done to them. And other reasons. And when someone does answer your questions, if it's not living up to your world view, you insult people.

I'm actually rather glad you're one of the few people who doesn't know who I play, since I try to keep things seperate.

Comment

If there are any premium account users who would like to go to the Beta testing room with me and test through the different skill sets.....

PM me please.

Comment

Working...
                              X