No announcement yet.

"Top Tier Weapons?"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, on that point I agree. You can't pick it up and compete in PVP with the older players at all....

But that's why Felisin mentioned that people have been getting attacked in the pits, and sewers...

Muwahahahahh

and I turned this into my PVP game.

Comment

Originally posted by yezrah7 View Post
      Ok, on that point I agree. You can't pick it up and compete in PVP with the older players at all....

But that's why Felisin mentioned that people have been getting attacked in the pits, and sewers...

Muwahahahahh

and I turned this into my PVP game.
      Just maybe target people who are not recently returned, that is my only grip there.

To be honest the new round of thief/troublemakers ingame have given the game a bit more content.. So I actually Kudos that.
      Tale responds from afar, "Decided to give out t-shirts to all the people I murder. Three so far. This way you can all say, "Tale murdered me! .....and all I got was this stupid t-shirt!!""

Comment

Well, knowing who is newly returned, and who is just another old-players alt.... is hard to know.. and likely impossible to know, from just seeing a character walking around in game... He might even be a really old char, like I saw Daydro back in the game..... but a returning player.

But anyways.... Whatever costs the gameworld is suffering from my crime and villainy roleplay.... I am suffering more.

You might be knocked out for awhile and take 1-2 hours to fully recover, but I'm sitting in a jail cell when I get caught for 7days or more....

You might lose some pretty armor, but I have a chance to lose my life.

Those who suffer at the hands of villains do not suffer as much as the villains themselves....

I've had 3 characters publicly beheaded, and 1 was killed by the B.C. But, those 3 were killed for banditry and crime.....

Which is why I'm often starting over with new newb chars....

Plus, with all the enemies i might create for my crimes, I have the chance of having bad things happen to me, by vigilantees and things like that.....

so i'm suffering more than anybody...

not that I'm complaining, i'm just saying.... from a player persepctive, the crime roleplay suffers more than the suffering that it dishes out...

Unless you're really good and never get caught....

I dont expect myself to ever get on that level.

Unless these few friends of mine, keep training their chars, and we form a posse, and begin doing it... then we'll see what kind of spree we can have before we all get caught and killed...

maybe if we steal enough gear and stash it, we can exchange returning all the loot we stole, for our lives, to be made slaves, or something like that..

muwahahahah

Comment

Yezrah, the life of a criminal is a lonely one, but the criminal aspect is needed in this game in my opinion especially with all the legio and constables active. Personally I try and target people that I think would like to pvp, and I typically give them some sort of chance to rp / return their items unless my character has an ic reason not to. Just some things to keep in mind to separate your self from a typical griefer.

Comment

why would he want to do that? He is a typical griefer. He only plays one kind of character.

Comment

Originally posted by ArchMagi View Post
              why would he want to do that? He is a typical griefer. He only plays one kind of character.
              That's not entirely true.... i have a character who's never assaulted anyone, never been a prick to anyone, he's a nice guy, and he's my main and oldest character.

It's my newb char that's assaulting people, and I've got a rl friend, and a person i met through tec who will be joining me soon in banditry... muwahahahah

maybe we'll go legit at it once we hit 100 in everything.

to you archmagi, a pickpocket is a griefer...

we went into this already, but... you were the guy talking about RL short bow dmg..

and as I said, there are RL punks, pricks, jerks, thugs, brutes, robbers...

ever seen those videos on youtube of kids just walking up and knocking out old people?

yea i mean.. that stuff happens RL....

consider my newbie criminal char and my friends (i have 2-3 new recruits) those kind of people and enjoy the RLness of TEC.
              Last edited by yezrah7; 01-14-2018, 04:40 AM.

Comment

nah, a pickpocket isn't a griefer, a griefer is a griefer, no matter what profession skill they took, be it tailoring griefer, or healing griefer, or yes, even a pickpocket griefer. The why behind the actions determines if someone's a griefer, more than their skills. And yes, there are serial killers in real life, and idiots too. And frankly, if you want us to view your characters as serial killers, that can be arranged, short lived characters though.

Comment

you grief me calling me a griefer...

Griefers are fun... they're etiher fun to pick on and beat up with your superiorly combatant character, or fun to get a gang of a bunch of low level ranked chars to take and beat up... either way...

when a "griefer" gets beat up... those who beat them up don't get in any severe trouble, maybe a minor assault from from the constables if anything

Comment

nah, a pickpocket isn't a griefer, a griefer is a griefer, no matter what profession skill they took, be it tailoring griefer, or healing griefer, or yes, even a pickpocket griefer. The why behind the actions determines if someone's a griefer, more than their skills. And yes, there are serial killers in real life, and idiots too. And frankly, if you want us to view your characters as serial killers, that can be arranged, short lived characters though.
                    You're countering your own argument slightly. The whole term griefer implies someone using meaningless and discardable characters in an attempt to harass, troll or annoy other players. Why? Because the character is meaningless and easily killed off or deleted to start doing it all over again. The player has zero attachment to the character, which Yezrah has made clear he has zero attachment to his. So, saying they're short lived doesn't make him actually give a crap. Wouldn't doubt me that he's deleting a lot of the characters that get arrested as is to avoid serving the jail time and starting up on a new character without much of a downside. Not like he's losing very many ranks by doing so. Plus, deleting allows him to go back to being unknown till he decides to troll someone again on a new name.

Comment

In my opinion, there's no point to play a long term, (severely attached) bandit /criminal character.. you're going to be caught and killed.

I don't know who you guys think I play.. but I've never deleted any of my criminal characters yet... since i returned to playing TEC.

My criminal character has 40-50 ranks in his attacks, (some of them) and 30 in his dodges...

my friends char has 20-30 in attacks and not very good in any of his dodges yet becuause he's doing reflexes and footwork first.

and I got two more friends who recently created some new criminal characters to join us... so you should see more of us in the next few months.

Comment

You must be associating every griefer action to me or something ,just because i seem like a griefer in the forums.... like that guy Soren or whoever it was, trying to pick up and run off with beorntyh today.... that wasn't me.... you can't just associate every grief with me..

I don't consider my chars newbs.... you guys are just old as hell..... back in the day 50 ranks in attacks and 30 in dodges was somebody...

I think it's stupid you want me to wait a year or two of training , before i can be a legitimate criminal character....

There's nothing wrong with training a few months and committing crime....

Comment

I've never ever felt grieved by any criminals actions in the game.... ever... and I would say I have a good solid 10 years of playing several hours a day.... I've never complained, been hurt or offended or cried over any criminal activity in the game...

I got shot by a bandit archer today on my way to vetallun, i thought that was an adrenaline rush.... i love it.... I had to run away, but it was still fun...

and I wish some newbie char would come start annoying me or "griefing me" .... one of those chars Ciaran was talking about..... easy to defeat and easy to beat up.... totally enjoyable...

I never found grief from any "Griefer" newbs..... they're easy to beat up...

i get more grief from having extra sentences laid on my criminal characters greater than the crimes they committed..... that's probably my only grief... but i dont call constables griefers because of it... I consider that RL as hell, and it hurts too.... the law always abusing their power... beating you down unecessarily and giving you more time than the crime....

crap happens...

Comment

anyways, these hypothetical people, who only play newly created "griefer chars" are fine by me in my book.... i like a good new character to beat the crap out of..... bring more please.

Comment

Now, I think there's a misunderstanding... I don't mind legit bad characters, if they're roleplayed well, gives people something to do, like the odd heretic gives people in the cult something to do, the odd serial killer gives constables and legion something to do... Heck, Shizdain is still alive, and he's one of the worst characters in the game, almost akin to drunser, but... not as awesome.

What I do have a problem with is griefers, who are only there to cause people problems. Be them throw away, or long term.
                              From what you've been writing in the forums, you're not interested in making a character, you just want to beat people up. Which brings me back to a previous point... this isn't a pvp game, it's an rpg, with pvp elements.

Lets pretend it's D&D for a second... nothing wrong with playing chaotic evil, as long as you do it right. But there's something very wrong with being a lawful good paladin, who stabs his party in the back, without being under the effects of mind control. You sound like you want to be the lawful good paladin, who stabs people in the back, just because it's fun for you, rather than being the paladin you picked at char gen.

You want to be a criminal? great, be one, just don't be a dick about it, and role play. A well played criminal is very entertaining. A dick with a stick is never entertaining for anyone but the dick with a stick.

Comment

Lets pretend it's D&D for a second... nothing wrong with playing chaotic evil, as long as you do it right. But there's something very wrong with being a lawful good paladin, who stabs his party in the back, without being under the effects of mind control. You sound like you want to be the lawful good paladin, who stabs people in the back, just because it's fun for you, rather than being the paladin you picked at char gen.
                                Your lack of character dynamic seems limiting. Good and evil are only determined by perspective, which side of the battle field your standing on.

Comment

Working...
                                X