Announcement

Collapse

Multiple Downtimes for All Games [Updated: Rest of Phase 1 Times]

Unfortunately, the whole computing world is facing a major crisis right now thanks to Intel and other major processors missing critical security flaws in their architecture. As a result, our ISP is doing a set of emergency updates to all of their hardware. We are getting about a day's notice on this, and we're told that they're going to need to patch each machine multiple times, which very inconveniently means multiple downtimes.

Our TEC and GR games have always been the most vulnerable to downtime, so I'm going to take the care to cleanly shutdown and restart those.

GR: Sunday, Midnight (all times are PT) DONE
TEC: Monday, 10PM

Expect the games to go down 10 minutes before the downtime, to be safe.

The other games tend to be cleaner, so I'm going to let them restart on their own:

Lovecraft: Monday, 9PM
Lazarus: Monday, 9PM
Web Site: Monday, 11PM [this will affect all logins & usage of the new TEC client]
TEC Client: Tuesday, 9PM
USERDB (site login): Tuesday night, midnight

The upgrade windows have all been less than 30 minutes to date, so you can expect games and/or services will be back up within 35-40 minutes of the hour.

I believe this is now a complete list of the first phase of updates, but there will be a second in the near future.

Shannon
See more
See less

Cut and Lift

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cut and Lift

I think I brought this topic up, sometime back....

I had a character take cut and lift from rank 15 to 40 and I noticed no difference in the lowering of roll to auto-fade...

It's generally set at 90 or 91 or something like that...

So, I didn't really feel like taking it to 100, but I think that makes pickpocketing unlike most skills that have a benefit by taking it to 100, or 200.

I think it would be good, if at like rank 200 cut and lift, you could auto-fade after lifting, with at least like Success 5 Roll 55 or something like that.....

I mean, some kind of advantage.... otherwise, i might as well leave Cut and Lift at rank 15 forever, because I have 1 success at that rank, and there is no benefit from taking it any higher.

If anyone wants me to take it higher, to see if it will give me some kind of drop at 51, or 71, I guess I'm willing to try, but I would rather not, because so far, it seems quite certainly to be a waste of SP.

Someone tell me if I'm wrong, but I dont think putting extra ranks in cut and lift does anything at all useful.

Also, does quickgrab stun someone if you take it up high enough? I think that would be cool... to stun someone for 2 seconds or something if you use quickgrab, because they're so shocked by the sudden loss of their goods, in awe... they pause for 2 seconds to realize what just happened. I think I heard quickgrab does this, and if not, then I guess I dreamed about it in my sleep.. but that would be neat, if taking quickgrab higher had an advantage.. i havent' tested it yet to see if it does have one.

Anyone who knows a lot about pickpocketing and taking the skills higher and what effects it has, who could reply or pm me or something, so i know what skills not to waste my skill points on?

Also, I think it is not OOC, nor is it unfair to allow for the quickgrabbing of blades, if you wear leather plated gloves, or something of the sort...

There has to be some kind of glove, that is fashionable with iridinian smith technology.... like mail gloves, or something...

I could be wrong, but I think it's possible to wear something on your hands to grab a blade... in real life.... and should be possible for thieves..

It's not unfair, (as much as you bladed people like that you can't be grabbed from)
    because ,if Clubs, and staves, and spears, and twohanded axes, and bows, can deal with it... then so can you.

Maybe the rats could get a special kind of glove, created for their guild to give to thieves who make it in their ranks... or it could be purchasable with rps....

Comment

Hey, does the Beta Testing room, allow you to test out pickpocketing skills? yes or no?

Thanks.

Also, if anyone is interested in Beta Testing some characters, I was wanting to go through some combat skills.... and you have time to play around in the Beta testing room with me, please P.M. me.

Comment

I think there should be some updating on the pickpocketing skills that no one takes past rank 1......

Coin sharpening; could upon higher rank increase the lowering the success of your slices, and cuts, and increase the invisibility of your moves.... Like, if you become grandmaster in coin sharpening, your coin enhances your cut and lift actions; and slice, to lower success over roll necessary for being silent, or ability to fade because the pouch drops so quickly; you can just walk up, cut with a smooth edge that cuts like air, nearly making it a walk by, cut and lift and continue walking, auto fade....

A grandmaster coin sharpener, would give his coins to newbie thieves, and they would love them.. because it would help them cut and slice with lower success at low rank in the skills.

Palm..... taking Palm to grandmaster, makes when constables search you, they have to search multiple times, maybe if you take it high enough, it can become impossible for them to find you palming anything.

cut and lift .... decrease the roll over success required for auto-fading at higher ranks...

Hand off..... at Grandmaster, could literally stash or hide the object in your hand, as your handing it off.... (before the person receives) so that when you hand off..... and someone looks at you, they don't see the item in your hand... then the other person receiving, receives it... This would make that momentary delay, between hand off and receive ,when you still have the object.... as long as you're holding it out ... it appears you have nothing, perhaps beause you're holding it under your cloak, or under your arm, or behind your back, away from the onlooker.

Receive at grandmaster hides the object in your cloak, or behind your back, away from any onlookers (until you move out of the pace you're standing in.....) like mimic sign post, but for the object your holding... so that when you receive the item, and someone looks at you; they dont see you holding anything... his hands appear to be empty; while he's got your gladius, under his armpit, and his arm held straight now, hiding it... or, your dagger tucked up his sleeve.....

The items would be hidden on handoff and receive, only as long as you remain in the pace, or unless someone "searches" you, then the object would be revealed immediately.

If it's not to complicated to add this... you could make it like this also..., for example; if you're like 51 in handoff, or receive; this "Hiding" of the item may only work, for 1 or 2 looks, but on a 3rd look... they will notice the item on your person... while at rank 101, or make it 200... no matter how many times they look at you; they will never see the item; it will require passive search.

We can make thieving skills more cool... probably there's more ideas than this..

If you would do this.... GM's..... then pickpockets would have a reason to take those skills past rank 1.

Comment

Working...
        X