Blessed/Forged Question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blessed/Forged Question

Has anyone not had a weapon quality increased one level after being reforged/blessed? I recently bought an excellent quality weapon and took it to the Nehal to be reworked. After being reworked it was still excellent quality. Was a first for me not to have it increased a level. I sent an @report in and was told that weapons don't always get moved up a quality level.... Isn't that the point of the reworking? To increase quality/damage? Just curious, thanks.
    TRproclaim power!

Originally posted by Armataan
    Did I just get told Synodia was a better RPed character than Culexus?
    Originally posted by Bucaria
    The player of Synodia should be made a GM, he seems to have no favorites and hates everyone equally.

From GM:

No, it is not new. It depends on how the quality is set at item spawn. Every
    excellent quality item does not have the same exact quality. The reforge
    process will upgrade the quality by a set amount. If the original quality was
    too low, then the item would not be bumped to the next level.
    TRproclaim power!

The player of Synodia should be made a GM, he seems to have no favorites and hates everyone equally.

Comment

So how do I know if when buying an item is low excellent or high? Is that important? Is my excellent to excellent reforged is as good as a excellent to superior reforged? How do I tell if an item is low superior or high superior?
      TRproclaim power!

Comment

Just like stats, "word levels" are only different thresholds for a set of possible value. 1-5 may be abysmal, 6-10 may be terribad, etc. There is always a little wiggle room in between. If something adds +5 points of quality, but you were 6 points away from the next threshold, then nothing will have seemed to change in that regard.

No, you cannot tell a low-level excellent from a mid-level excellent. Just as you can't tell for stats in most cases. Trial & error, research can very much a part of the process. People prefer buying specific weapons/armor from one place over another because qualities can vary - this has been true for years, and is nothing new. Not all Shopkeepers are as forthright and beneficial as others. This is where research, trial & error, and information sharing can be very important.

Also, adding a bit of a quality bump isn't the only benefit to having a weapon treated or reforged, or even the most beneficial thing. It's just a minor bonus.
        Game Master Tale
        Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad. Philosophy is wondering if that means ketchup is actually a smoothie. Common Sense is knowing that no, ketchup is not a smoothie.

Comment

Originally posted by Tale View Post
          Just like stats, "word levels" are only different thresholds for a set of possible value. 1-5 may be abysmal, 6-10 may be terribad, etc. There is always a little wiggle room in between. If something adds +5 points of quality, but you were 6 points away from the next threshold, then nothing will have seemed to change in that regard.

No, you cannot tell a low-level excellent from a mid-level excellent. Just as you can't tell for stats in most cases.
          Maybe people from Windward could actually put use to their skill in this regard?

Metal Affinity : Bonus to crafting and mining skills related to metal and metal ores.

Comment

my gladsmen has outsanding speed.... I thought that was max...

But my other char, he had the word-level oustanding, and ran the courses, and got another increase, after outstanding...

is there a top end and low end oustanding?

like, if my gladsmen takes his speed from outstanding and put more rps into it, will i get another second rt drop?

because, honestly this two handed axer with reflexes seems just as fast as my character..... using a gladius with outstanding speed...

Comment

outstanding starts at 191... and ends at 200... or might be 190... either way, outstanding is about 10 points, so yes, there's a low and high end outstanding. There's also stuff after outstanding now depending on how you made your character.

Comment

Originally posted by yezrah7 View Post
                my gladsmen has outsanding speed.... I thought that was max...

But my other char, he had the word-level oustanding, and ran the courses, and got another increase, after outstanding...

is there a top end and low end oustanding?

like, if my gladsmen takes his speed from outstanding and put more rps into it, will i get another second rt drop?

because, honestly this two handed axer with reflexes seems just as fast as my character..... using a gladius with outstanding speed...
                Just wanted to check that you where aware of the word changes recently, outstanding became the inhuman.
                Tale responds from afar, "Decided to give out t-shirts to all the people I murder. Three so far. This way you can all say, "Tale murdered me! .....and all I got was this stupid t-shirt!!""

Comment

Originally posted by Felisin View Post

Just wanted to check that you where aware of the word changes recently, outstanding became the inhuman.
                  Yes.. I was aware of that, but after I acheived "outstanding" word level... i ran the course and got another increase in my stat that was already outstanding..

so i was wondering if there's like outstanding 1-10 (low and top outstanding)

and maybe that's why my outstanding speed gladsmen is the same speed as a two handed axer with reflexes... because there must be a speed drop at higher outstanding or something... i dunno

Comment

Working...
                  X