No announcement yet.

My Official Final Complaint.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The exact borders of Tuchea are not very well defined. Ask a Tuchean and he will say as far as the Safelands to the south, the Cantasir mountains to the east and the whole of Kingsheart Island. In practice the Kingdom controls little more then the western coast of the mainland, the eastern coast of the island and the banks of the river Amen. A societal trait of Tuchea is a dislike to being far from water for any extended period of time. For this reason, the heart of the kingdom is generally wild and uninhabited. Almost all major settlements are on the coast, with one along the Amen River. On the other hand, the population of Tuchea thrives, all of their cities are dynamic, busy centers. In fact, the kingdoms cities are overpopulated.

In the past this was remedied by great campaigns bent on domination and acquisition. Because of their reputation as skilled sailors, Tuchean pirate ships, as well as ships of the royal kingdom, are a feared sight. A leaning toward a horde mentality has had as a consequence that Tucheans have little regard for human life, their own as well as that of their foes. This has cost them dearly in the past.

When the Tuchean plundering forces met with the superbly trained and well organized legions of the Republic of Iridine, the result was an incredibly lopsided and short war. Defeat soon turned into a rout as the kingdom forces were left leaderless with no knowledge of how to recoup their losses. As a result of the war with Iridine, Tuchea was forced to concede the island of Selm to the Republic; it has since been renamed Windward.

RIP

Comment

I don't know if that post is suppose to debunk the idea that Tuchean's can be good at combat....

Because I think it strongly supports the idea.

Comment

It was more to show you how one should write a paragraph.

Comment

I'm going to take this IC Syden. lol... with my newb. be fraid.

how dare you mock my writing skills.

Comment

you want some pvp reason for tucheans? Only character that can start with tridents. You want a pvp reason for tuchean resistance? Herbalism was a thing, still kind of is a thing, and there are diseased rats, and other storylines that involve things that would take advantage of a tuchean's resistance. You want to say not everyone's into rp? Fine, play a pvp game. Meanwhile, this is an rp game, and if you can't rp, even really really badly, you will get punished. Nowhered, banned, various other things...

On the flip side, look at all the traits, and how many people are top tier fighters... like four...
            There are a vast majority of people who are here to role play, and most people do not try to min-max their character, and will in fact, take stupid traits that do nothing for their ability to fight, but do give flavor to a character concept they are trying to make. Take you for instance, you were trying to make a broker. A broker is not made for war, a broker is a rp character.

Comment

Whoa whoa whoa.... Archmagi... as soon as you said "Storylines" You lost me..... those things don't really hardly exist in my game world.

I'm not saying I don't roleplay at all, but I don't create characters for non-pvp roleplays. I don't choose traits like Enhanced hearing, and Weather prediction because I want to be a druid.

That flip side reality you live in, I don't live in.... I do not create characters with traits for roleplay... I never will.

I believe you that people do that.... and you can have what I'm asking for, and what you want at the same time... these realities are not in conflict.

You can make tuchean's good for PVP, and at the same time, create one because you want a story line that you survived a deadly disease.

There's no war here.

You can play on your imaginary gameworld, and I can enjoy PVP at the same time.

These two completely different desires we have for playing TEC, can similtaneously exist!

your world doesn't have to make my world suck. Thanks.

You can make Tuchean's PVP viable, and still use their reistance traits for fanstasy roleplays that have nothing to do with PVP.

You can balance the PVP between races, and still use those same races that are balanced, for alternate, roleplaying reasons...

Stop bringing me your unnecessary conflicts.

have blademastery, so you can cook the fastest minced pork pies!

have at it Archmagi! No problems here man!

Hey check it out, Archmagi is using Adrenaline rush, to help his success fighting bears! woo hoo....

Comment

Show me a player with Luminescent and Absolute Time Sense, because he time travels....

Dude that would be fun in TEC...

Go back to a time when Syden's ranks were 30, and to whatever his stats were at that time; and fight him FAIR AND SQUARE! EQUAL MATCH UP!

Finally my OOC vengeance brought IC!

SUCCESS!

I'd win, because I'd catch him at the opportune time.

Comment

Quote from Archmagi

"most people do not try to min-max their character, and will in fact, take stupid traits that do nothing for their ability to fight, but do give flavor to a character concept they are trying to make. "

This statement, will not hold up in TEC court.

It's a contrary fact, that MOST PEOPLE do not choose stupid traits that do nothing for their ability to fight, (or make money) simply for "roleplay"

Most people, don't do that.

They might choose traits beneficial to making money, over PVP... like mule's back to carry more loot, or trader's tongue.

But other than that...

No, Most people do not choose stupid traits that do not benefit them in PVP, or for making money.

No one in the game makes a character with Vitality, or Abosolute Time Sense, Enhanced Hearing, Weather prediction, Iron gut, packrat, lucky, luminescent, focus.... etc.

I have made a luminescent char before hoping to get magic.. but it was short lived.
                  And, lumiescent and focus are more popular than the others, for some people hoping to get magic like i once did.. but yea, they're usually not long lived.

Comment

I can guarantee there are characters in the game right now, with those traits.
                    And you're the one who added or make money, you wanted to talk pvp, anything to make money is a stupid trait that does nothing for their ability to fight.

Comment

Can a character with those traits, created and existing before reading this post...

Please post here?

Comment

I have multiple characters with traits like those and have had countless others throughout the years. ArchMagi is right, a lot of us choose traits to supplement our character's backstory and RP.
                        The position being taken is not to be mistaken for attempted education or righteous accusation- Only a description, just an observation of the pitiful condition of our degeneration.

Oh doom and gloom, oh doom and gloom, the GMs are fools and do not realize what a position they have put us in. They could not possibly have thought of all of this already, for they are but tiny brained fools.
                        Keep on keepin' on, can ya dig it?

Comment

Luminescent is actually a really strong trait when used correctly.
                          ​​

Comment

Originally posted by Stonespyder View Post
                            I have multiple characters with traits like those and have had countless others throughout the years. ArchMagi is right, a lot of us choose traits to supplement our character's backstory and RP.
                            Ok. I lose.

HOWEVER! I think you and Archmagi, are not the majority.

Comment

But, even I have made a few oddballs, for fun, but not for long term. Like, my luminescent char i once had.

Comment

Originally posted by Syden View Post
                                Luminescent is actually a really strong trait when used correctly.
                                ​​
                                What can it be used with?

And if it can be used as you say, then I believe there are reasons to be luminescent, but still...

lots of useless traits still exist that could be revamped and made more useful.

Comment

Working...
                                X