Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What if we had open PK, but you could pay 30$ to get your character back.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What if we had open PK, but you could pay 30$ to get your character back.

Do you think Skotos would make a lot of money?

They would, if I wanted to resurrect my character with all the ooc hatred being brought ic.

ba-da-ba! *ahem....* Elowynn....

No but for real... What about this option.

I think this option, would make people be less of a prick.... for sure.

However, we could have still the @request + rolepoint option of permakilling someone.

Oh, and IG Consequences from public execution, remain permakill also....

This way, you maybe can sorta "perma kill" people.... by continously killing them until they stop wanting to purchase their character. (as long as you can get away with it, without being caught and jailed and brought to court, because in game consequences still apply)

As it stands... I wouldn't pay 30$ for any of my publicly known characters right now. Lol....

no (123456)

Comment

Hey Archmagi, werent you the guy complaining about our GM's not being paid?

Support this proposition.

It works like Taxes.... no one likes them, but just because you dont like them... doesn't mean they're not good for the system.

Or just stop acting like you really care if they're paid.

Comment

Originally posted by yezrah7 View Post
        Hey Archmagi, werent you the guy complaining about our GM's not being paid?

Support this proposition.

It works like Taxes.... no one likes them, but just because you dont like them... doesn't mean they're not good for the system.

Or just stop acting like you really care if they're paid.
        Can we please not pretend that Skotos would forward any money they profit from to the GM's? Can we also please not pretend thats why you want such a retarded system?

Comment

Originally posted by Ciaran View Post

Can we please not pretend that Skotos would forward any money they profit from to the GM's? Can we also please not pretend thats why you want such a retarded system?
          Ok, Ciaran, you're true to say that's not why I want the retarded system. I agree they wouldn't probably pay the gms if they got more money.... It's hard to not say stupid stuff when I"m trying to argue with Archmagi, because i'm just pulling straw anywhere i can to argue.. lol..

But, how often do you hear about people being comatosed? Like, never......

I'm not sure if allowing an open pk system where you had to pay 10$ for a resurrection, or keep your character dead.... would really increase crime that much.

And, with such a system, I'd still if I create my banditry organization, only knock people out and take the gold out of their sacks.

I'm not sure how the game would be hurt by that system, except I know some individuals might get hurt, if they be a prick too much, it might start getting expensive.

or if they're being a griefer, it might be an easy way to put them to an end.

But, since in game consequences still apply; the penalty for killing a foreigner or citizen would apply, and still detour people from doing it.

I think generally things would continue as they have for a long time, with just a few more deaths every now and again, but someone coming back from twilight to tell the tale.ar

But yes, I do say stupid stuff when trying to argue with archmagi, to act like i got the upper-hand.. lol...

Like, oooo so you don't really care about GMs being paid, when you complained about them not being paid?

as if I cared if they were paid, after saying in another place, so what if they're paid?

it's like everything archmagi says strikes a nerve where i got to reply and try to 1 up him beause he's always trying to 1 up me.

Comment

Iíll pay $30 for you to stop posting in broken sentences

Comment

Ok, Ciaran, you're true to say that's not why I want the retarded system. I agree they wouldn't probably pay the gms if they got more money.... It's hard to not say stupid stuff when I"m trying to argue with Archmagi, because i'm just pulling straw anywhere i can to argue.. lol..

But, how often do you hear about people being comatosed? Like, never......

I'm not sure if allowing an open pk system where you had to pay 10$ for a resurrection, or keep your character dead.... would really increase crime that much.

And, with such a system, I'd still if I create my banditry organization, only knock people out and take the gold out of their sacks.

I'm not sure how the game would be hurt by that system, except I know some individuals might get hurt, if they be a prick too much, it might start getting expensive.

or if they're being a greifer, it might be an easy way to put them to an end.

But, since in game consequences still apply; the penalty for killing a foreigner or citizen would apply, and still detour people from doing it.

I think generally things would continue as they have for a long time, with just a few more deaths every now and again, but someone coming back from twilight to tell the tale.

But yes, I do say stupid stuff when trying to argu with archmagi, to act like i got the upper-hand.. lol...

Like, oooo so you don't really care about GMs being paid, when you complained about them not being paid?
              There's absolutely nothing broken with the coma system. Outside of the fact, everyone who is annoying enough to be coma'd is ooc friends with one of the characters who can use a Acolyte skill to wake coma people and instantly spam the fuck out of their Skype. Welcome to The Eternal Skype. What you're suggesting would lead to certain characters griefing the fuck out of certain individuals endlessly till they literally couldn't afford to pay to bring back a character. Could you imagine someone like Syden/Ciaran/Felisin picking on specific players and killing them over and over to make them pay hundreds of dollars a month? In fact, your whole system would probably lead to someone doing that to you with the rate you're making friends. Not counting players like Evagrius, who want to play the game but can't afford an account so he literally deletes his characters to swap back to others. I would love to use the quote this isn't a pay to win game, but with storypoints purchases use on promos for stats and etc. I guess I would be wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Ciaran View Post

There's absolutely nothing broken with the coma system. Outside of the fact, everyone who is annoying enough to be coma'd is ooc friends with one of the characters who can use a Acolyte skill to wake coma people and instantly spam the fuck out of their Skype. Welcome to The Eternal Skype. What you're suggesting would lead to certain characters griefing the fuck out of certain individuals endlessly till they literally couldn't afford to pay to bring back a character. Could you imagine someone like Syden/Ciaran/Felisin picking on specific players and killing them over and over to make them pay hundreds of dollars a month? In fact, your whole system would probably lead to someone doing that to you with the rate you're making friends. Not counting players like Evagrius, who want to play the game but can't afford an account so he literally deletes his characters to swap back to others. I would love to use the quote this isn't a pay to win game, but with storypoints purchases use on promos for stats and etc. I guess I would be wrong.
                Broken? I never said anything was broken with the coma system. But yes, I know the system created an environment where you could potentially keep killing someone to where they couldn't afford to bring their character back, that was the point of the system. Like... the entire point of the system.

Syden, Ciaran, Felisin, could do that- But they would suffer the IC consequences.

But yes... I'm glad you understood my system. The entire system I proposed was created to basically, kill people who suck; pretty much forcing them to play an alternate character after one is ruined enough friends, with bad attitude and oppression/ annoyance/ or grievance.

Syden and Ciaran and Felisin, could all probably be taken down, if I took 1 of them on, at a time; with the build I have, and my few RL friends, in.... 3 months time, on each of our characters... spent training only 1 move really high, like Ankletrap to 200+ using my luck! points to ankletrap you a good one, and having 3 triplebashers waiting to triplebash you after you flop; then, when you stand, one each taking turn with their rank 200 sweepstrike and a luck! We coudl technically probably take one of you down like that, after only getting 200/200/1/1/1/1/1/100, all of us standing berserk, no ranks in defenses. Maybe find us one more newb to pay to train feint up to 200. Each of us, definitely need shoulder guards, iron helmets, cuirass, and shoulder ptergyies, armillus, arming jerking, harness, and leather manicas.... maximize our high defense to save us from retaliation spin/triplebashes.

Reminds of that episode of southpark, where they fought boars..... to win.

So, yea.. piss off someone like you suggested ciaran or felisin or syden could do...... and you might be suprised what newbies working together can do.

Comment

I admit the idea is terrible though for it's one fatal flaw that i see.....

if you do kill someone that way, they're likely to quit, then overall in the years to come, skotos really is losing money.

However, it would have been tons of fun to bring my ooc retaliation against the money-less freebie account character, that Archmagi plays.

Comment

Broken? I never said anything was broken with the coma system. But yes, I know the system created an environment where you could potentially keep killing someone to where they couldn't afford to bring their character back, that was the point of the system. Like... the entire point of the system.

Syden, Ciaran, Felisin, could do that- But they would suffer the IC consequences.

But yes... I'm glad you understood my system. The entire system was created to basically, kill people who suck; pretty much forcing them to play an alternate character after one is ruined enough friends, with bad attitude and oppression/ annoyance/ or grievance.

Syden and Ciaran and Felisin, could all probably be taken down, if I took 1 of them on, at a time; with the build I have, and my few RL friends, in.... 3 months time, on each of our characters... spent training only 1 move really high, like Ankletrap to 200+ using my luck! points to ankletrap you a good one, and having 3 triplebashers waiting to triplebash you after you flop; then, when you stand, one each taking turn with their rank 200 sweepstrike and a luck! We coudl technically probably take one of you down like that, after only getting 200/200/1/1/1/1/1/100, all of us standing berserk, no ranks in defenses.

Reminds of that episode of southpark, where they fought boars..... to win.

So, yea.. piss off someone like you suggested ciaran or felisin or syden could do...... and you might be suprised what newbies working together can do.
                    If you think you would only need only 200 ranks in ankletrap to take down someone with our ranks, considering Syden is a whipper with -max- stats and probably 1150/500 ankletrap now and still has trouble landing it in some situations, it just shows how uninformed you on in your babbles. Ankletrap is broken as shit, but it isnt that broken. In fact, go ahead and try that and you would likely get 1v3'd, it would be well worth the lolz. In fact, here's a little number crunch for you, Syden has a 50+ to ankletrap Ciaran with 1150/500, outstanding perception and extraordinary dexterity, not to mention the need to roll over by 20 + to even trap someone? PS: Not to mention each of those characters have the ability to hide in various locations in a worse case situation? You are aware that with findcover and simple hiding you can hide in almost a firm 85% of the gameworld? Consider me more worried about Syden deciding to ko me than you.

Do yourself a favor and stop spamming the forums for once in your life. You have done nothing but claim you care about TEC while making it and the playerbase look like its packed full of idiots if anyone checks our forums.

Comment

the sad thing about trying to kill people who you think suck... is that those people, other people think are great....

like I remember years ago, people trying to kill Danasei.... and I played a bandit archer named Theodulus, or Knarc, I can't remember now which one....

But I was like.... what the??? Why are they trying to kill Danasei? like... what did he ever do to anyone? He's in the AUXILLII!!!

Danasei was nice, always nice, always helpful, and always giving my griefer newbs cool gear

I was like.. man... what would anyone want to kill Danasei.... it just didn't make sense.

Sometimes, the people you think suck, other people love.

Comment

If we were all honest.... TEC COMPLETELY FREE is what we really want.

The suggestion, was purely intended to cause to happen what Ciaran warned would happen.....

people would inevitably, not have money and stop playing their character.

that was the system intent, design, and reason for existence.

However, they could create an alt that nobody knows, and try not to anger people..
                        And I think this would make Iridine a nicer place to play in....

Comment

If we were all honest.... TEC COMPLETELY FREE is what we really want.

The suggestion, was purely intended to cause to happen what Ciaran warned would happen.....

people would inevitably, not have money and stop playing their character.

that was the system intent, design, and reason for existence.

However, they could create an alt that nobody knows, and try not to anger people..
                          And I think this would make Iridine a nicer place to play in....
                          Since when do you care if TEC is a nice place? In fact aren't you constantly ranting, "TEC IS TURNING INTO CM. FUCKING ROLEPLAYERS!". Aren't you the one griefing noobs in the ludus by stealing from them and running with no roleplay just to be a troll? Can you please at least keep your argument consistent if you're going to ramble on a daily basis? And, I thought the listening the congress and politicians flip flop was bad.

Comment

Oh man I can't wait until April.

Comment

Originally posted by Syden View Post
                              Oh man I can't wait until April.
                              What's happening in April? Are we finally quitting this game and saving ourselves the misery?

Comment

Working...
                              X