Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What if we had open PK, but you could pay 30$ to get your character back.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really do want, a Copy/paste of TEC on Skotos.net that is free to play, with open PK.

And a reason for people to spend money.... that if you play for free, you have just about the same equal opportunity as those who spend lots of money, but for a reason for people with lots of money to want to spend their money.

Basically, it would be this.... You can buy ranks, you can buy stats, and all it does it make you awesome 1 vs 1.

This gives the freebie players important reasons to join guilds that their main focus is to play / team together, and go out hunting in large groups, so if someone is attacked, they can yell and all the low stat characters can join together.... by having a few players who lead the guild, that are really good.

Like, some people with lots of money, can be the guild leaders and appoint other leaders, who have high stats and ranks, that they bought.... to fend off the others who are buying them.

This gets rid of the need to buy your character back from death; if you can start a new name and new character, but buy your ranks to equal the ranks of the last character who died.

That's a better system.

Basically, we can create... a game where you can die, but start back over with a new char, and have purchased all your ranks and stats back... (it's basically equal to resurrection; but with the benefit of anonymity because you get a new name.. ) [Yes, and you can't buy ranks you never earned... You can only buy ranks back; of characters who died.... ] (maybe, 30$ cost to get 100% ranks back and stats back.... open pk, might cost 1 death a month.. could cost 2, or 3 if you're unlucky and unsafe....)

Players who don't have money, have to grind those ranks back out..... But, there will exist guilds that protect you as you train on hunting grounds; like hunting grounds with player constable/guards/legionaires.

However, there should be lots of no-mans land....so that you need to walk across the gameworld, with your friends in a party; to be truly safe.

I like the idea of a constant... danger lurking...... a constant, O NO ! I Could die..... the rl adrenaline rush is fun to me.

when my char Prudentiae, was attacked on the road the other day by a bandit archer walking from crossroads to vet.... my heart was beating really hard.... and I escaped, but it was fun.

I don't mind being at the receiving hand of banditry I find it really fun... and scary.

Comment

Hey..... without another new thread... lol

Sorry guys, I'm only employed 2 hours out of the day... working 1 hour teaching english for 8$ an hour, at one place, and teahing english another place for 1 hour; Crazy thing is... my rent is 60$ per month, electric was 16$ by running the a.c. last month.... and free wifi. I eat a lot of rice... and anyways, 8$ per hour, x 20 days per month working; is 160$.... and yes, I could techinically survive on that; working only 1 hour per day... here in Cambodia. It would be, rent and food, an walking to work, and a freebie account for TEC the rest of the day. I got so much free time I can't stop posting on forums.

I'm finishing my BA degree soon with GI Bill... got 2 years left. I spent way too much time doing other things, and now at 30 am finishing my BA. lol... But, I get like 900$ per month for 9/11 GI bill for housing allowance... and with rent and electric total 75$ a month and i can live eating about.. 1-3$ per day. I'll be saving a good amount.

Can we have neckguards created in TEC?

I think this could be fashioned... forget the chest piece is not roman, the neck piece sounds fashionable...

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/gcJiB6lvkEg/maxresdefault.jpg

But that neck piece kind of stinks, because i can see how you might still feel the blow applied to your neck.

I know a better piece of armor that is totally cool from an anime I saw.. that had a neckguard built into the chest armor... I wish i could find a pic.... because it's epic the way it was built. I don't think any country or anyone RL ever had that armor, but it was anime designed and it was the best idea for neck protection I ever saw, because if hit on the neck, the chest armor took the blow, and you would feel it against your back chestpiece, catching the blow...

Kind of like this, but my paint skills stink, and also the physics of pressure points and dimensions of armor; like the way aerodynamics work; with the right angles built into the armor with the neck guard extend off the chest piece, the blow at the neck, is absorbed by chest and back.

https://ibb.co/fRkqzR

Sorry my paint skills stink.

Comment

two points, in reverse order... neck guards already exist, they're on certain helmets... or use an iron collar.
        And what you said in the post before already exists. You can buy story points, convert them to role points, spend role points on stat upgrades, or general skill points, beef yourself up with stat boosts and or gsp to pay to win, just takes more than a month, since you can only buy so many story points per month. There are also plenty of areas in the current game that are "no mans land".

And finally... guilds already exist, which you can join or create, to have the very thing you're asking for.

Do you even play TEC, or just sit in a corner all day grinding up thief skills?

Comment

You are very persistent Yezrah...

I hope you understand that reading your posts is very difficult, if you want the community or even the staff to take your thoughts seriously you need to put more effort in to being coherent and digestible. Otherwise mate you are just going to frustrate yourself, you need to manage your expectations.
          Tale responds from afar, "Decided to give out t-shirts to all the people I murder. Three so far. This way you can all say, "Tale murdered me! .....and all I got was this stupid t-shirt!!""

Comment

Originally posted by ArchMagi View Post
            two points, in reverse order... neck guards already exist, they're on certain helmets... or use an iron collar.
            And what you said in the post before already exists. You can buy story points, convert them to role points, spend role points on stat upgrades, or general skill points, beef yourself up with stat boosts and or gsp to pay to win, just takes more than a month, since you can only buy so many story points per month. There are also plenty of areas in the current game that are "no mans land".

And finally... guilds already exist, which you can join or create, to have the very thing you're asking for.

Do you even play TEC, or just sit in a corner all day grinding up thief skills?
            Hey Archmagi! I was not AFK when scripting that palming i was scripting when Parigrum found me, seemingly afk!

My TECracked window, was scrolled up! to the middle... so as I looked over and saw Success 1: roll Whatever....

I didn't realize until a little after i dont know how long because, my eyes were shut, then open, then shut, then open, laying in bed with my laptop...

But! lol....

When i loooked and saw my screen was scrolled halfway up (it was early morning and i was slow waking... not sleeping, just still my eyes were tired, but i was like.. i'm awake, but eye close.... eye open.... glance at screen every few seconds, or so... unless i unwittingly dozed out between....)

THEN..... I was like snap... i'm scrolled half-way up on this window, so i scrolled down to realize, parigrum had talked to me and i was NOT AFK! I was just looking at the wrong part of the screen (scrolled up) the whole time... that he was doing that, and the alligator ate my face off...

and i would die, pressing up arrow, enter up arrow enter up arrow enter, for palm unpalm.... another time, after 20 years of TEC, and i did that LEGITLY FOR THE FIRST several of em!

But yes, I do script consitently..... i got arthritis already playing this game so long... even something like, up arrow enter, begins to hurt.. no lie.

If anyone wants a scripter, just ask in game.. everyone's got one and if you dont... then you should get one... just watch the screen and enjoy spamming the forums while your char grinds.

Comment

I really think... a more free-version of TEC. Like... Totally 100% free. Free convert sp-to-gsp.... Free 5 slots..... then!!!

pay for RPs for stat increases, or pay for pks, or gear or w/e.....

would make me happier. because i'd stop paying....

not enough rps are gained by paying to make it worth upping stats... it would take me like, 20 years. and i'm not paying money for story points.

So everyone be glad, this griefer will never be max-inhuman.

and, i dont want to pay for TEC, but... i'm forced to for necessity of slots, because stupid SP caps...... can't play this game with all the free-time i have.... as much as i want.

I just work 2 hours a day and get by on enough to survive, food, rent, and that's it. free wifi here in my apartment provided by apartment.

Comment

If you're not paying attention, because you're asleep, or taking a piss, or the screen is halfway scrolled up, and you're still doing stuff, you are effectively afk scripting, and thus, you are a cheater, and you should be permanently banned forever, on all your accounts. Thanks so much for admitting publicly that you are a cheater, who breaks the rules, as well as annoys the crap out of everyone in the forums, including the staff. Lets see if the staff will respond by banning you.

Comment

If you're not paying attention, because you're asleep, or taking a piss, or the screen is halfway scrolled up, and you're still doing stuff, you are effectively afk scripting, and thus, you are a cheater, and you should be permanently banned forever, on all your accounts. Thanks so much for admitting publicly that you are a cheater, who breaks the rules, as well as annoys the crap out of everyone in the forums, including the staff. Lets see if the staff will respond by banning you.
                  I wasn't asleep! My eyes were just burning, so I closed them a little longer between blinks..... And the screen was scrolled half-way up! That's not afk... Took me awhile to notice my screen was blinking, the same success rolls... :

AND!!! I already did my time in Nowhere for it, buddy!

I wasn't afk, but I wasn't paying the best attention, I admit that. I was even looking at my screen between long dramatic blinks......

And, NO i'm not a cheater by scripting. It's pretty much impossible to cheat.....

I have found people, several times, AFK scripting in game.... I didn't report them, because I don't give a dookie if they get 300 sp per cycle, AFK or at the keyboard! as long as they're at the keyboard sometime in the future at the gladiator games, for me to fight them!

Take 1 month off TEC, and come back, and you can get 300 sp in 1 hour. Script it AFK, or play it and enjoy the game that way; either way I don't care, it's impossible to cheat, because you can't make gains more than the other guy.

So.. who cares if they're AFK besides the fact its' against policy, but give them some nowhere, and keep their money coming in, and keep them online, because their chars are fun to beat up! Whether they're afk when you find them scripting; or if they're at the keyboard when at the games!

I dont care.

Neither should you. It's not hurting you. it's not like im getting more sp per cycle than you... and if you have fun typing it out; i don't. i literally have arthritis from that junk. I script like crazy... 99.999% of the time i'm on TEC... I'm scripting... basicaly between questions on THINK NET about mechanics that nobody wants to answer.

I write my own scripts, and basically script every activity of the day. I script walk to my combat site, and script walk to the baths, and script walk back to combat after rested, and script walk to get food and water when hungry and thirsty... now what?

If we could get 10000 players that scripted as much as I do... I would be happy.

easy to KO, because they don't know to run away when you got more than 1 person attacking them.... AND.... they have nice gear!
                  Or.... the 1% of the time they're actually at the keyboard.. it's kind of fun to interact with other real people.

TEC needs more scripters, if not more players. It would still give me a lot more stuff to do.... and crime to commit.

Maybe, before cycles and purchase-able Story Points existed..

I could understand a hatred against scripters, because they can grind forever much more than someone typing at a keyboard..... and get 100000 sp per week rather than the 300. But with cycles.... there's really no getting ahead.

and money becomes basically pointless at a certain point in the game, you got your armor, you got your weapon, you got a domus.... you got a bunch of useless junk after that. there' definitely an end-game with money.... if you already learned past the money costing teachers, or have a friend to teach you everything you need.

I guess you could techinically buy fancy looking armor... but I never ever had a taste for that.... like, designer clothes.. but if you fanccy that stuff the your end-game doesn't quite exist like if feel like mine does... but i just care about armoring every hole with the most strong defensive armor; and getting my cover and weapon. After that... nothing is cool to me...

However, if i could get some of the things I've @requested in the past... that would be worth money and roleploints....

I had the idea for an invention.... Some boots that you could put a dagger in and it wouldn't show the dagger, and you could use stealthy draw. That'd be cool.

Or, a cloak that if you ruffle it; it says "You see a tall broad man" and if you pull and straigten it, it says "you see a tal muscular man"

That would be sweet....

But i dont get the cool stuff I want.... my requests just get dismissed.

So hey Archmagi, let's just end it with that? Obviously my personality gets me crap and hatred from the GMs and staff, enough that I probably can get anything cool that I ask for, even though I pay, and have played just as long as anyone else.

So, that's about as good of a ban as you can get..... besides banning me for not having broken any policies.

Comment

Think net is not for mechanics questions, it's an in character channel, and people are not supposed to emote on it either.
                    use AUX to ask your mechanics questions.

Other than that, you cheat by scripting while not being there to respond to changing situations, you can think you're not cheating, or that you're there, but you weren't there, you cheated, get out of my gameworld, cheater.

Comment

Think net is not for mechanics questions, it's an in character channel, and people are not supposed to emote on it either.
                      use AUX to ask your mechanics questions.

Other than that, you cheat by scripting while not being there to respond to changing situations, you can think you're not cheating, or that you're there, but you weren't there, you cheated, get out of my gameworld, cheater.
                      Nah I didn't cheat. I was there at keyboard, and my window was scrolled up. Ummm.... Yea, I think it's ok to ask on Think, if certain armors can be worn with other armors, without trying them on to save money; Aux isnt always online.

And, I'm paying for this gameworld, your not. It's technically my gameworld.

Comment

asking if armor can be worn with armor is not what I consider a mechanics question, and I agree, is fine to ask.
                        asking how do you light a lantern, is a mechanics question.... how to mechanically do things, like speak, or move around, or emote, are mechanics questions. Can you at least agree that those should not be on think net?

Comment

asking if armor can be worn with armor is not what I consider a mechanics question, and I agree, is fine to ask.
                          asking how do you light a lantern, is a mechanics question.... how to mechanically do things, like speak, or move around, or emote, are mechanics questions. Can you at least agree that those should not be on think net?
                          Yea, I never asked questions like that because there's some out of character nature to them; like.. in real life, you would never ask how to light a lantern...

Well actually you would, if there was a turn nozzle on the side of the lantern that turned the oiled rope up; to give more rope if it had some burnt out at the top.... something like that.... then i guess it could be an RL question...

I dunno I wanted to try to agree...

Comment

Working...
                          X