Make concealment great again!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Make concealment great again!

Can we get hoods/masks/faceplates made great again? Bring back concealed thinking when wearing one. Get rid of auto-intercepting law keepers. This should help drive value back into these items and make hoods and masks not totally useless.
    TRproclaim power!

Originally posted by Armataan
    Did I just get told Synodia was a better RPed character than Culexus?
    Originally posted by Bucaria
    The player of Synodia should be made a GM, he seems to have no favorites and hates everyone equally.

Perhaps a toggle-conceal command to turn off/on the think-net and who list concealment.
    TRproclaim power!

Originally posted by Armataan
    Did I just get told Synodia was a better RPed character than Culexus?
    Originally posted by Bucaria
    The player of Synodia should be made a GM, he seems to have no favorites and hates everyone equally.

Comment

I could not agree more

and reduce the power of NPC Constables and stop out of nowhere constables.
      Tale responds from afar, "Decided to give out t-shirts to all the people I murder. Three so far. This way you can all say, "Tale murdered me! .....and all I got was this stupid t-shirt!!""

Comment

Itís bad enough that hoods are banned but the mechanics that are in place make them completely useless. The only time people wear hoods now is when they meet with the TG.

Bring back the moments where you would shit yourself as a person in a hooded cloak runs past you.

Better yet, seeing as though the senate is making everything fun again, allow the ownership of hoods!

Comment

I like the idea of the conceal thing. People 'who' stalk and it would be nice when you think that you're not off the who list. You might get your vet package, get yourself a shiny new faceplate, beating on slaves in the ludus, think out to a friend than bam. someone smashes 'who', you're not on it so they know you've got a faceplate. Easy target lined up.
          I can't say much on hoods though. I wasn't really around enough back then to get much of a fear from them roaming around.

Comment

They should probably just disable the WHO list and instead list only the amount of players available online, but that would probably just end up making a few people mad. They should also probably bring back the ability to emote while hidden while they're at it, because that was just fun when people weren't misusing it. In response to the original post, I don't disagree, it's a good idea.

Comment

I concur with mikeand. I also agree with Felisin. As a long-time player of constables, the constable AI is out of control and gives us PC constables not much to do. I miss actually trying to track down and catch people because the NPC Constable AI handles it 99% of the time. Some of the most fun I had as a constable was tracking down a pouch snatcher and then chasing them after issuing the warrant. It made for a good chance at excitement and some RP and really made it important to work in pairs when patroling.

Additionally, and importantly, it gave criminals a chance to get away and keep playing rather than being a nearly automatic jail sentence.
              Nothing much to say.

Comment

Agree......
                Blame Skotos.

Signatures should not exceed the length of this.

Comment

I agree with all that and then some!
                  Blame Skotos.

Signatures should not exceed the length of this.

Comment

Things like this could be rolled out in steps. Allow hoods to be worn outside of town and watch the dynamic build with that. Maybe the PG goes away or just pats down those in a cover? Disable the push-back power for constables. I had one unlucky toon with many inhuman stats (including agility) where an NPC constables was able to pushback his faceplate. So dumb.

Maybe start offering disposable masks in town. They wear out after a day or just break like the paper ones when you take them off. You can keep the mask yank feature and allow people to still try and uncover folks.

Maybe then stop making it a crime to wear a faceplate but require all NPC interactions to take place when the plate. Maybe random patdowns by the NPCs but no jail time?

Comment

They removed the who list once... there was a great revolt. Two days later it returned in it's current form.

Comment

You would not believe it, folks, but there is in fact a place in the gameworld where you will be bothered much less for wearing a cover. A magical place of hope and wonder!

I feel a great many issues of criminal interest, pvp encouraging interactions and so forth would be positively affected if effort was made by GMs to make the Steps an interesting place to be. There isn’ít enough to make people go there currently.

Make the Steps great again!

Comment

My favorite part of the steps is the sewers, secondly by not going cause im tired of lanterns and torches being stole by npcs
                          "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

Comment

The only thing that sucks about the Steps is the stupid "roundtime squares" that lead to it. It would be cooler if they populated more of the area with rioters, thugs, denizens and other baddies at night.

Comment

Personally, I would love to see more automated mechanics involving the Gangs. Something similar to Franlius. Perhaps slicing/klift/slifting from opposing gangs and bringing their weapons or <insert gang item in pouches and sacks> back generate reputation, and reputation can be used to gain access to restricted sections, restricted inns/insulae/locked shacks, secret shops, gang equipment, and possibly even masks and hoods. Earning too much reputation may also black list you in other gangs to either be auto attacked by their stationed guards, or even soldiers coming out from the crowds if they hate you enough. (Increasing the importance of sneaking skills to get around without being assaulted)

I don't think turning in their armor or other items should generate reputation, as that would give an advantage to combat oriented players and i think this system should be more geared around PP, and perhaps Setups or Street Smarts if you can figure out automated "quests" where you need to distract an NPC or stalk one to see where he goes, or listen in on a conversation and report back findings.

Comment

Working...
                              X