Constructive Feedback on Culling Event

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Talax View Post
    Was I the only one who thought this was supposed to be Hunger Games not Survivor ?
    Yeah, that's what I kind of thought. I spent like, 3 hours last night just walking in two directions. This island is huge.
    A bit overly large, I always felt, but that's a personal nitpick that I think TEC is way too big for how few people actually play it. Especially when I feel like I'm stuck in a loop, somehow, because I can't actually tell if I'm moving anywhere, since it's just so BIG...

Comment

I am really enjoying it.

There should be a Top 3 prize or something like that. like Vet Character Level 11 or something. To discourage people from offing themselves by NPC etc.

Comment

Originally posted by FIREMAGE View Post
        I am really enjoying it.

There should be a Top 3 prize or something like that. like Vet Character Level 11 or something. To discourage people from offing themselves by NPC etc.
        The whole point is for a new start... and some of us didn't want to die to NPC's but unfortunately we couldn't escape it

I honestly went in for the win.

Comment

It's not in my programming to play to lose, but I don't want to win either.

Comment

As this place is SO massive, with SO much to explore and discover by players, and SO much built by previous and current GMs for everyone's exploration and enjoyment...

How about a no-save 1-2 IRL week(s) for everyone to end up with only the stuff they're wearing, on the island? A fritzed burst of light from the Tower of the Heavens sends everyone into a hallucinogenic dream-state? =P

Someone or other important's son snuck onto the island and now needs a crew of volunteers for a search and rescue? =P

Comment

I am kinda curious what's stopping someone from just waiting until the end of the event to log-in.

Since it's survivor and I've spent a long time wandering around, I'm getting hungry.

It would be easier just to not play that much and wait it out.

Comment

Originally posted by FIREMAGE View Post
                I am kinda curious what's stopping someone from just waiting until the end of the event to log-in.

Since it's survivor and I've spent a long time wandering around, I'm getting hungry.

It would be easier just to not play that much and wait it out.
                I've been curious of that myself. Like when it gets down to the last couple people, and it's 2-3 chars in a 100k room area... does it just come down to starvation and NPCs? First one to the boat? How is the poison going to work? Is it possible there's not going to be a winner?

Be cool if there was a volcano or something on the island and things got a lot more dangerous at the end. I'm sure the GMs will think of something cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Ssjflint View Post

I've been curious of that myself. Like when it gets down to the last couple people, and it's 2-3 chars in a 100k room area... does it just come down to starvation and NPCs? First one to the boat? How is the poison going to work? Is it possible there's not going to be a winner?

Be cool if there was a volcano or something on the island and things got a lot more dangerous at the end. I'm sure the GMs will think of something cool.
                  I'm in the same boat man. Kinda excited to hear how it all unfolds. I hope when it is all done we get a little rundown of how the ending went down!
                  TEC Discord Link!

VOTE FOR TEC!

Originally posted by Dyro
                  "Good RP is consistency."

Originally posted by Cloudy
                  "Shiloboy wins.
                  Fatality.
                  Keep up the good work."

Comment

I found a really neat area loaded with unbelievable riches. Then I killed myself on accident. Don't do that.
                    Originally posted by urek23
                    On a scale from spawning-monsters-is-an-event to three-armors-fit-in-a-sack-on-purpose, how useless am I?

Fixed12345

Comment

You take a few bites of a cooked rabbit. The cooked rabbit is completely raw!

You tricksters!
                      Tale responds from afar, "Decided to give out t-shirts to all the people I murder. Three so far. This way you can all say, "Tale murdered me! .....and all I got was this stupid t-shirt!!""

Comment

Originally posted by jkidd View Post
                        I found a really neat area loaded with unbelievable riches. Then I killed myself on accident. Don't do that.
                        This seems to be the recurring theme of the Island for most folks

TEC Discord Link!

VOTE FOR TEC!

Originally posted by Dyro
                        "Good RP is consistency."

Originally posted by Cloudy
                        "Shiloboy wins.
                        Fatality.
                        Keep up the good work."

Comment

Out of curiosity, how bad were the skill checks to climb things for some people? I had like, 70's. So that took a little bit.
                          The sheer scope of the island is insane, it feels like it's bigger then the entire city of Iridine, so perhaps 'island' isn't the right word... I didn't really find anything of interest myself though. But boy that place has some nasty bugs (not code ones).

Comment

Originally posted by Shiloboy View Post

This seems to be the recurring theme of the Island for most folks
                            I've been looking for a death trap, but haven't been lucky yet.

Comment

My only major beef with this event is a lot of folks logged in and played since day one. And I'm talking hours here, while others, popped on, played for a half hour and logged off when nothing happened. Or didn't bother to log on at all. I think the poison should effect you faster with the lack of playing you do. Have it pool in organs faster. Its unfair to the folks who wanted to explore the island, face death and eventually die, while a bunch of folks couldn't be bothered to even try an compete in the event, and were just there to get the VC due to poisoning at the end. I understand folks have a life outside of TEC. Work, family, etc, but at the same time this should have been taken into consideration at the onset and had the poison act fast if people didn't put x amount of hours a day into the event.
                              I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image.
                              Steven Hawkings

Comment

Originally posted by isgrimnur View Post
                                My only major beef with this event is a lot of folks logged in and played since day one. And I'm talking hours here, while others, popped on, played for a half hour and logged off when nothing happened. Or didn't bother to log on at all. I think the poison should effect you faster with the lack of playing you do. Have it pool in organs faster. Its unfair to the folks who wanted to explore the island, face death and eventually die, while a bunch of folks couldn't be bothered to even try an compete in the event, and were just there to get the VC due to poisoning at the end. I understand folks have a life outside of TEC. Work, family, etc, but at the same time this should have been taken into consideration at the onset and had the poison act fast if people didn't put x amount of hours a day into the event.
                                Without giving too much away, this is being accounted for.
                                GM Scolve

Comment

Working...
                                X