Constructive Feedback on Culling Event

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scolve View Post

Without giving too much away, this is being accounted for.
    Big Brother Iridine is watching.

Comment

Originally posted by krisslanza View Post

Big Brother Iridine is watching.
      I don't have to watch, the poison does it for me.
      GM Scolve

Comment

Originally posted by Scolve View Post

I don't have to watch, the poison does it for me.
        I knew it, it's NANOMACHINES!

Comment

They are looking at each death to make sure you don't die of OOC reasons before giving you a vet char. You throw yourself at leech spiders, no VC. I imagine the same for if you never log on til the end.
          Like, you log on each day before the event but then suddenly stop once you get there. I imagine no VC for you either.

I get that Isgrimmur, but other people do have lives outside of tec. The poisoning bit while not logged on would suck. Maybe a case-by-case thing? "You logging onto your isle character is consistent for how you normally play, sweet. you're safe.". "You play a million hours a day, but suddenly can't put 15 minutes into them over a week. Leech spiders and no VC. have fun." That would be extra work, I know, but suffering so much because of life things seems unfair.

Was meant to send this hours ago.

Comment

Actually Lusama, if you die by leech spider you do get a VC package, since my toon and a few others died via leech spider. But I do imagine you have to try and get away from it and not sit there and talk to it as it bleeds you dry.
            I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image.
            Steven Hawkings

Comment

Yeah, I think that comes under what I read about how you can't just go there an die. You need to try and survive and not die from something that seems OOC.

Comment

Leech spiders OP

Comment

That's exactly why they are there - eaten by local wildlife is one of the largest 'dangers' of the island. They are the 'huge/black alligator' of the island - they're the 'big bad' in specific areas. Other areas are much much safer, or have different 'big bads' to watch out for. Be aware of your surroundings.
                  Game Master Tale
                  Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad. Creativity is putting tomatoes in a fruit salad to make mango salsa. Philosophy is wondering if that means ketchup is actually a smoothie. Common Sense is knowing that no, ketchup is not a smoothie.

Comment

Fire-breathing goats finally...finally You are all Doomed
                    "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

Comment

No no no. 50' tall fire-breathing Windwardian gargantuan dire badgers. With incredibly fluffy tails. And neon pink painted claws (the size of swords).
                      Game Master Tale
                      Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad. Creativity is putting tomatoes in a fruit salad to make mango salsa. Philosophy is wondering if that means ketchup is actually a smoothie. Common Sense is knowing that no, ketchup is not a smoothie.

Comment

What is love.
                        Baby don't hurt me no more.
                        (Why don't you love my goats, toat's my goats)
                        "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

Comment

Originally posted by Tale View Post
                          No no no. 50' tall fire-breathing Windwardian gargantuan dire badgers. With incredibly fluffy tails. And neon pink painted claws (the size of swords).
                          At least it doesn't have dire gazebos.

Comment

The culling event generated a lot of interest in the game again and brought people out of the woodworks to get a new character and try something new. Diving into that, I believe the event broke down the huge barrier to entry most returning players and new ones experience. The veteran character pay off was often cited as a reason for getting involved again. Food for thought, but perhaps this is a data collection opportunity to assess if lowering skill requirements and making it easier to get into some of the more interesting areas of the game would help retain and increase the player base. Increase SP gain or decrease training requirements, for example.
                            Nothing much to say.

Comment

Originally posted by Ssjflint View Post
                              This isnít a criticism or anything, just some suggestions for next year and then on... I mean we havenít even been doing this a day yet, so Iím sure there will be more things to discuss before itís done.

1. I like the concept of the event. Iím just not sure it can be a yearly thing. As it stands, a lot of the characters who joined are 10+ year old alt throwaways. This is not a bad thing, if this got people to get on their alts and sub, itís only good for the health of the game. Iíd also say that the majority of people who joined donít want to win anyways. Itís not really in my characterís mental programming to suicide to a spider, either. I think maybe bi-yearly or a smaller venue could work... but I donít see 100+ signups a year.

2. The starting spot. What was stopping someone from sitting outside of the ship and murdering everyone who got off after them? That would be bad sportsmanship, imo so I decided not to do it. If the island is used in subsequent events, maybe the boat could be anchored at sea and the slaves could tender people out to different starting spots on the island?

3. The size. Iíve been trying to get my bearings. Iíve mentally mapped an entire quadrant of the area, but I can just wander off in one direction for hours.
                              Bluestacks Kodi Lucky Patcher Iím impressed with the scale, but Iím afraid as the player count dwindles we wonít be able to find other players to Ďinteractí with. Maybe a shrinking map/forcefield like PUBG? I know Iím kinda pushing a magical idea here...

4. Scrying orbs or something in the city, so people can watch some of the highlights?

Iíll add to the list if I can think of anything else. Again, I love the event thus far. Iím more thinking about the future (not that I plan to sign up again anytime soon).
                              Here we are in the new year 2019 and your criticisms I think they did not take seriously and perhaps did not apply in the game, although it is true and I personally liked but nevertheless I hope to be implemented earlier this year
                              Thank you for the initiative
                              Greetings

Comment

Working...
                              X