best armor layering

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best armor layering

Can anyone tell me what the best current armor layering is for max protection and no concern with weight? Trying to assemble a bit of a newbie guide for a friend that just started playing.

Last I checked this was one of those things you are suppose to figure out in-game (I may be wrong)

Find some folks and start asking around

Eventually you'll run into someone who knows something!
    TEC Discord Link!

VOTE FOR TEC!

Originally posted by Dyro
    "Good RP is consistency."

Originally posted by Cloudy
    "Shiloboy wins.
    Fatality.
    Keep up the good work."

Comment

I haven't been able to test it since the squamata came out, but before that a hamata layered with leather was your best option if you could get your hands on a specialized waist guard. If not, a muscle cuirass layered with leather gave you slightly better protection. Nothing really protects you 100% against attacks, but you can give yourself a bit of resistance(lower hp loss) to some attacks. If they are just fighting NPCs, a lorica and some leather greaves is fine.

Comment

This does not provide a "max" armor build, but does talk about armor. http://forum.skotos.net/forum/our-ga...mbat-character

Comment

My last two characters have had 200 strength so I've never had to worry about. My new guy has average. I'd like to ask the inverse to this question. What's the best armor layering options for someone who can't wear everything? I forgot how limiting regular strength is for armor.

Comment

Use the inspect command and you will find that some heavy armors are just not worth it.

Comment

AVG strength = Lorica, boots helmet lol.

Comment

Get good at defense so you don't have to wear any armor against most npc.
                TRproclaim power!

Originally posted by Armataan
                Did I just get told Synodia was a better RPed character than Culexus?
                Originally posted by Bucaria
                The player of Synodia should be made a GM, he seems to have no favorites and hates everyone equally.

Comment

Originally posted by herdias View Post
                  My last two characters have had 200 strength so I've never had to worry about. My new guy has average. I'd like to ask the inverse to this question. What's the best armor layering options for someone who can't wear everything? I forgot how limiting regular strength is for armor.
                  When Tyril had average strength, I think he had a lorica, boots, bronze helmet, studded leather shin and shoulder pt

Comment

Originally posted by mikeand View Post
                    Get good at defense so you don't have to wear any armor against most npc.
                    Ain't that the truth. Don't need armor if you can't be touched!
                    TEC Discord Link!

VOTE FOR TEC!

Originally posted by Dyro
                    "Good RP is consistency."

Originally posted by Cloudy
                    "Shiloboy wins.
                    Fatality.
                    Keep up the good work."

Comment

Working...
                    X