Learning languages

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Learning languages

Sorry been searching the forums and didn't find this info, how do you learn the first rank in a language? I know from the WA to use echo to repeat the tutor but how do you learn it when you can't selftrain your first rank? Can you learn the first rank with gsp from another player? Thanks

Yes, you can learn them from another player but it's very expensive.

However, go to the library and once inside "approach desk", then "read sign". There's an attendant there more than happy to assist you with this endeavor. They only teach some languages there, and any others you wish to learn you'll have to find the tutor for in game.

Comment

The ranks will auto learn from the language teacher after you earn 1.0 skill points in a language, I believe. Should work for the first rank, too. Just keep doing your echos.
      The position being taken is not to be mistaken for attempted education or righteous accusation- Only a description, just an observation of the pitiful condition of our degeneration.

Oh doom and gloom, oh doom and gloom, the GMs are fools and do not realize what a position they have put us in. They could not possibly have thought of all of this already, for they are but tiny brained fools.
      Keep on keepin' on, can ya dig it?

Comment

Thanks guys!

Comment

Originally posted by Stonespyder View Post
          The ranks will auto learn from the language teacher after you earn 1.0 skill points in a language, I believe. Should work for the first rank, too. Just keep doing your echos.
          This is correct. I believe on the full skills list you will see ridiculously small SP amounts even before the first full rank. On short skills they did something to hide the decimal spam or something, I honestly don't remember.
          Note that as your ranks increase you'll start to recognize the language and then understand pieces of speech in that language. You require 50 ranks to speak the language yourself.

Comment

Working...
          X