A Humble Request: Remove Fumbles From TEC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Humble Request: Remove Fumbles From TEC

A long time ago the powers that be (Scott) had setup the fumble system to discourage scripting. Fumble thieves abound and excellent fighters were plagued by fumbles. One day someone addressed fumbling and allowed players to "overcome" a fumble via Recovery. It worked well for awhile, but scripters gonna script and the fumble system has become one more barrier to entry and one more SP sink that I do not think is needed. Would the GMs consider removing fumbling from the game and returning invested SP in recovery back to players? It doesn't really serve a purpose any more and is just one more thing that new characters -must- counter before becoming truly engaged.
    Nothing much to say.

Denied. Thank you for your input.
    TRproclaim power!

Originally posted by Armataan
    Did I just get told Synodia was a better RPed character than Culexus?
    Originally posted by Bucaria
    The player of Synodia should be made a GM, he seems to have no favorites and hates everyone equally.

Comment

Originally posted by roast View Post
      ....It doesn't really serve a purpose any more and is just one more thing that new characters -must- counter before becoming truly engaged.

Fumbling is still a very real thing in PvP the last time I had checked. While it does not affect PvE, a PvP spar or fight still has a chance to drop your weapon or fumble.
      TEC Discord Link!

VOTE FOR TEC!

Originally posted by Dyro
      "Good RP is consistency."

Originally posted by Cloudy
      "Shiloboy wins.
      Fatality.
      Keep up the good work."

Comment

Originally posted by Shiloboy View Post

Fumbling is still a very real thing in PvP the last time I had checked. While it does not affect PvE, a PvP spar or fight still has a chance to drop your weapon or fumble.
        I like that recovery gives a bonus to the next attack after a fumble

Comment

Fumbling, while annoying, does add variation to PVP. Things that adds unpredictability and variation to PVP are good things - it would not be fun for PVP to simply be rank bonus vs. rank bonus.

Comment

Well, I'll go ahead and put on the pointed dunce cap and sit in the corner for awhile.
            Nothing much to say.

Comment

Originally posted by roast View Post
              Well, I'll go ahead and put on the pointed dunce cap and sit in the corner for awhile.
              Thanks for taking my place at least a little while

Comment

I mean, I can see the point roast is making, in that Recovery becomes this kind of annoying 'must have' skill, that is only useful for preventing an annoying failure...
                It does seem weird that fumbling is its own skill though. I mean, you never really see/read/think of great warriors fumbling their weapon, because they're you know, good at using their weapon. But in TEC it's an entirely separate skill. You could be a complete newbie at using a weapon, but have the fumbling grip and reflexes of a GOD. Or you could be a legendary grand master of your weapon, and drop it like a toddler because your ability to prevent a fumble isn't related to your actual skill in the weapon...

Comment

So perhaps having your basics rank determine fumble frequency? then of course modified by stats? Perhaps recovery skill would then be purely to develop a way to continue the attack after not dropping the weapon and getting that bonus to hit.

Comment

Fumble -used- to continue with an attack. However, that attack was always a fail I believe it was 1,2 were a fumble and 3,4,5 were an "attack". However it was silly because you obviously would always miss so it was changed to just do the "You start to fumble but maintain a grip on your weapon." Maybe it could be changed so that if you have a fumble it rolls a secondary to-hit swing that could follow through with a penalty?
                    Let's just make up numbers and give it a -50 to attack base mitigated by ranks in recovery. Rank 50 recovery would null this penalty and rank 100 would provide the bonus it does now.
                    So for example:
                    [Success: 20 Roll: 26] You hit a practice dummy!
                    Rank 10
                    You start to fumble but manage to maintain your grip and follow through.
                    [Success: 60 Roll: 66] You hit a practice dummy!
                    Rank 45
                    [Success: 25 Roll: 26]You hit a practice dummy!
                    Rank 50
                    [Success: 20 Roll: 26] You hit a practice dummy!
                    Rank 60
                    [Success: 10 Roll: 15] You hit a practice dummy!

Comment

Working...
                    X